• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Which Year 6speed?

I am planning on buying a 6 speed trans from Honda. Which year is best? Are they all the same from 97-present? Which year is cheapest?

i believe that 97-99 has double synchro on 1-4 gears and single on 5 and 6. 2000 and after have double synchro on all gears.

You cannot order a 1997-1999 six speed anymore. It is N/A.

You must order: 20011-PR8-A61

HTH,
LarryB

whrdnsx said:
Anyone know which Dealer has the best price on these Six Speeds?
You would really need to shop around. Although there are certain dealers who offer great discounts on parts (such as the ones who give discounts to members of the NSX Club of America), you will probably find that most dealers would be happy to give you a nice discount on a big-ticket item like a transmission, even ones that don't normally offer discounts on parts.

I would start by deciding who is going to do the work on your car, and see how much they can get it for; then, start calling around to other dealers. (If you're going to do it yourself, you probably already have a friendly relationship with the folks in a nearby* dealer's parts department and you can see what they can do for you.)

*I realize that there are no Acura dealers in the Lansing area, but you know what I mean. ;)

Back