• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Whistling from my engine bay

So, I have a slight whistle coming from the engine bay. I had Ramon from Niguel Motors listen to it and he said it was my A/C compressor bearing. I hope it is. I have had no loss of power and the car works great! The A/C is now just starting to fail, I don't use it much so I don't mind. How many of you have had this problem and also how many have just removed the entire A/C system from the car? I don't want to pay money to fix it. Or is there a way to shut it off with fuses or something? Any advise, thanks.

since you don't need ac, might as well remove belt, hoses and compressor to save some weight and more space to work on your car lol

I have the same thing for about a month now, its only at RPM's above 6.5K and it gets louder up to 8K rpm its a High pitch whistle almost like air it passing over a bolt or a wing nut like in the throttle body

- - - Updated - - -

like blowing air on a piece of paper and it makes the whistle sound same exact thing

Back