• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

whiteNSXs HID Headlights

martin said:
Hi

I got my NSX out yesterday and I put the HI beam's in. Looks good. If you get low you got to get high :)

Regards
Talking about a HID addict! You forgot to mention that your foglights are HID too. 3 sets of HIDs in one car.:eek:
Thank you for making me rich!:biggrin:
Steve

whiteNSXs said:
Talking about a HID addict! You forgot to mention that your foglights are HID too. 3 sets of HIDs in one car.:eek:
Thank you for making me rich!:biggrin:
Steve

Hi

I have not installed the fog HID's yet. Sadly I live in a part of the world where it is light all night long. I need to move south so I can use my HID's all night long. :biggrin:

I was out tonight and tried the high beams. The lights are just sick. I think animals thought it was daytime when I zoomed by.

Nice of me to pay for your kids education ain't it? :smile:

Regards

whiteNSXs said:
Kevin,
You are talking about the ballast from your old SOS kit, right?
Regards,
Steve

Yassir, that's the ballast.

Wasn't sure what to do since the kit is no longer offered from SoS. Then you came to save the day. Erm, I don't remember if I bought both sides from you though. Oh well, I know where to go if the other side fails:biggrin:

I Just installed Steve's 6000k HID kit. Just like everyone else has said it is amazing and was a very easy install because of the great directions. Had the directions not been so straight forward, I would have felt uncomfortable with the install but it took me just over an hour counting the detail on the covers. The kit even had a pair of nitrile gloves!! Thanks for a great product and great customer service!

ibDursty said:
Steve, do you offer HID kits for both the low beam and high beams? Just saw the post above about adding the high beams too.
Yes,
I build both the low and high beams. I don't stock the high beam but will readily order for you if you want a set.
Thanks,
Steve

whiteNSXs said:
Hi,
My kit will work with the Northern American models left hand drive cars, and the European cars including the British RHD cars. I have built a few kits for the Europeans and currently shipping 2 sets to Australia. Shipping to Malaysia will probably cost $30 USD but I always refund the difference if USPS actually charges less. The only thing that I need from you is the kind of bulbs that your car has since the wirings are different and installation manuals are specific to different configurations.
Thanks for your interest.
Steve

Just curious, what is the different between left and right drive cars?

Anyone has problems with the headlight aiming too low?

nis350 said:
Just curious, what is the different between left and right drive cars?

The difference is in the lens.... Not the bulb! All headlights will try to focus the beam in a triangular pattern so that you do not shine your lights into oncoming traffic but still shine the beam high enough on the road shoulders to light up the road signs.

In a RHD car, the light will taper up to the right. In a LHD car the light will taper up to the left. If you put LHD headlight lenses in a RHD car, it will be like driving around with high beam on to oncoming traffic!

AU_NSX said:
The difference is in the lens.... Not the bulb! All headlights will try to focus the beam in a triangular pattern so that you do not shine your lights into oncoming traffic but still shine the beam high enough on the road shoulders to light up the road signs.

In a RHD car, the light will taper up to the right. In a LHD car the light will taper up to the left. If you put LHD headlight lenses in a RHD car, it will be like driving around with high beam on to oncoming traffic!

So one side has a wider horizontal projection pattern?

Or are you referring to the verticle aim of the light?

nis350 said:
So one side has a wider horizontal projection pattern?

No both sides are usually the same. When you drive in your driveway and as you get closer to your garage door, your headlight beams diverge and that is when you can see that both lenses have the same pattern. They do this so that you can still see the road AND street signs even with one light out.

nis350 said:
Or are you referring to the vertical aim of the light?

No, the vertical aim is different again. The lens of each of your headlights will try to flatten the beam and keep it low on the drivers side to avoid shining the beam of light into the oncoming traffic, and on the passengers side it will spread the beam vertically so that the shoulder AND the tree line is lit so that street signs will be illuminated as well. This is a progressive and hence a "triangular" shape to the pattern.

I purchased the HID high (4100K) and the low (6000K) kits. I am very happly with them. Completely plug and play and reversable.

David

David NSX

Could you post some photos showing the difference between the 4100vs6000K
I am thinking of adding the high beams to my 6000K low beam setup.

I will post pictures shortly. The HID high beams are very bright. Much brighter then stock. The HID high beams however, take a little bit of time to warm up, but are bright enough to flash for passing if required.

David

Last edited:
I want HID's too, it's hard driving at night without them once you've had them before. On my BMW I had the 5000k which were pretty white, but nowhere near as white and illuminating at night as my friend's 4300 kit. I also had a 6000k kit which imo, was difficult to see at night, especially in the rain when compared to the 5300k bulbs. All bulbs were from the same company that Umnitza sold.

Is there any chance that you offer a bulb between 4300 and 5000k? Function over appearance for me.

Nihilation said:
I want HID's too, it's hard driving at night without them once you've had them before. On my BMW I had the 5000k which were pretty white, but nowhere near as white and illuminating at night as my friend's 4300 kit. I also had a 6000k kit which imo, was difficult to see at night, especially in the rain when compared to the 5300k bulbs. All bulbs were from the same company that Umnitza sold.

Is there any chance that you offer a bulb between 4300 and 5000k? Function over appearance for me.

I went with the 4300K kit... It is the brightest actually...

Steve's kit is hands down the best you can get! It's custom made for the NSX with the best parts researched and hand selected by Steve!

got mines intoday and yes its very easy to install took me about 1 hour going slow. easy to follow direction. the look great and works very well i would recommend this to anyone who wants to do an HID upgrade. its plug and play. on another note when putting back on the weathering cap dont forget to remove the rubber seal from the old cap. i forgot to do that and had to redo it. it makes the cap go on tight. but all in all i give it a 10/out of 10

NonStopReaper said:
on another note when putting back on the weathering cap dont forget to remove the rubber seal from the old cap. i forgot to do that and had to redo it. it makes the cap go on tight. but all in all i give it a 10/out of 10

Hi

:biggrin: I forgot that 4 times :smile:

Regards

NonStopReaper said:
got mines intoday and yes its very easy to install took me about 1 hour going slow. easy to follow direction. the look great and works very well i would recommend this to anyone who wants to do an HID upgrade. its plug and play. on another note when putting back on the weathering cap dont forget to remove the rubber seal from the old cap. i forgot to do that and had to redo it. it makes the cap go on tight. but all in all i give it a 10/out of 10

Really!!?? I specifically put that step on the instruction manual. I probably should bold print that line. Thanks for the feedback.
Steve

Steve,

I would definitely like to purchase an HID kit from you. I do believe that the 4300k light is brighter than the 6000k light correct? I dont really care too much about the looks. I simply want to brightest light.

I just recently sold me Evo (today actually), and its HIDs were fabulous (stock HIDs that is).

Also, how much for some HID fog lights? I take it you sell the square HID fog lights that I am seeing on other NSXPrime's members' cars?

Please send me a PM with pricing and ordering information.
Thank you.
Nathan

Please send me the ordering and pricing information also.

Thanks

whiteNSXs said:
Really!!?? I specifically put that step on the instruction manual. I probably should bold print that line. Thanks for the feedback.
Steve

Hi

I thought I posted a reply on that.

Yes you had a line about this. But it is not your fault that we do not read it good enough. But bold print should do the trick :biggrin:

Regards

I'm interested in picking up a set for christmas... any pics of the 4000 vs. 5000 vs. 6000 though? Whitest and brightest is probably what I'm looking for...

whiteNSX - do you perform installation services as well? The garage I park in is unsuitable for DIYers.

Thanks!

Back