• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

whiteNSXs HID Headlights

mfh said:
I'm interested in picking up a set for christmas... any pics of the 4000 vs. 5000 vs. 6000 though? Whitest and brightest is probably what I'm looking for...

whiteNSX - do you perform installation services as well? The garage I park in is unsuitable for DIYers.

Thanks!
Good question. Any X-mas specials? Do you have a kit that has a lot of bluish tint to it? Whats the most bluish I can get?

Greg Z said:
Good question. Any X-mas specials? Do you have a kit that has a lot of bluish tint to it? Whats the most bluish I can get?

Hi Guys,
Thanks for the interest. I in general do not recommend color temperatures above 6000k which is very very white to give you a diamond like brilliance but the intensity is not significantly lowered than the 4300k. Any temperature higher will have a blue tinge which decreases the visibility and the intensity of the illumination will also go down. Not to mention that these blue lights more likely attract the cops' attention. Don't get sucked into those baseless claims that their HIDs give the "same intensities regardless of the higher color temperatures."
Also, my supplier observed that the higher temperatured bulbs have higher failure rates so that's another reason why I stay below 6000k. In fact, I recently have been selling a few 4300k kits since it has been invariably rated highest in intensity by ALL major HID manufacturers.
I don't really have pictures showing all the colors that I sell. But one can easily look at the BMW/Acura/MB HIDs as 4300k. The 5300k is just slightly whiter but still minimally yellowish. The 6000k is just very white. Of course, everything is relative. I myself have used all three colors in all my cars. In reality, the slight differences in colors really don't matter for an old man like me. All I care now is just the intensity. But of course, for people who want to put a little custom touch on the HID colors, higher temperatures might serve their needs.
Steve

What is the difference between the high beams opposed to the low beam kit that you sell.Are they a higher wattage?Cost more to make? I’m looking to upgrade the high beams to mach. By the way the HIDs look amazing, great fit easy to install excellent light out put. Very satisfied customer.:biggrin:

I am looking to get a HID setup as my next mod... something comparative to my roommate's 350z i think...

What do you suggest? (sorry to bump an old thread but with HID being 3 characters it is really hard to search :cool:)

I am looking to get a HID setup as my next mod... something comparative to my roommate's 350z i think...

What do you suggest? (sorry to bump an old thread but with HID being 3 characters it is really hard to search :cool:)

Hi

I bought low, high and fog HIDS from Steve. The Hi and lo kits are the same. The bulbs in your OEM setup are the same so you replace them with the same HID bulbs.

I could not see anything different with the HI kit compared to the Lo kit.

The Fog bulbs are H3 I think. But you do not have them over there.

Regards

what's the price of this kits?

I have no idea what the price is now. But Steve will tell you. Let him know you are interested and I am sure he willl hook you up with some HID's that not only looks good, but are easy to install. See his threads here and there on HID'S.

If I could do more HIDS I would go Steve. And if you are not sure...go Steve as he knows what he is talking about.

One happy customer

Regards

Hi Guys,
I still build these kits on weekends and so far I have sold more than a hundred sets. Personally, I think Mcculloch are among the best quality HIDs out there and they have been around for the longest time too. With the influx of many cheaply made HID kits from mainland China(some of them actually claimed to be made in Japan and some go as far as putting "Made in Japan" labels on), one needs to be very careful about which brand to buy. I am sure some of the mainland Chinese brands are quite decent while others are questionable. I have replaced 2 6000k bulbs over the past 3 1/2 years and that's it. Mcculloch have been extremely reliable and supportive.
All the kits that I build for the NSXs come with a few custom parts that I build specifically for the NSX to overcome all the inherent obstacles encountered during the HID installation. Many so called "Plug and Play" kits are simply generic kits which will require modifications of your stock configurations and ending up with the headlight plug/harness OUTSIDE of the seal caps hence exposed to dust and water. With my kits, the components are waterproof and the headlight harnesses are protected inside the seal caps where they should be.
The kit comes with step by step instructions with photographs to ensure a trouble-free and super quick installation
I want the NSX community to have an excellent product with Plug and Play installation in its true sense. I do make some money off this product and of course I not only use it for my own purposes, but a significant portion has gone to a few charitable causes on Prime and as appreciation tokens to Prime and NSXCA.
I have lowered the price for the 4300k and the 6000k. It will be $349 plus $10 shipping for either kit. The 4300k is the brightest among all color temperatures. The 6000k is the whitest.
I have a very demanding daytime profession so this hobby really keeps me active with the NSX community.
Thanks a million for all your supports.
Steve

is there a copy of the install instructions floating around on here somewhere that I can get a look at so i can see what I am in for this weekend :wink: haha

Detailed printed instructions come with the HID's. They are really a very simple install. Completed this several months ago and I am extremely pleased with the 4600k lamps

Detailed printed instructions come with the HID's. They are really a very simple install. Completed this several months ago and I am extremely pleased with the 4600k lamps

I know, i just like to try and get ahead of everything to make sure there isn't anything else I want to do at the same time.

Have a very small flat screw driver, masking tape, 10 mm socket/rachet, a Philip driver, and a snip ready. Set aside 1.5 hrs on the weekend and you will have a new HID in your car.
Thanks for your purchase and I have emailed you the tracking number.
Steve

Alright. Got them in today and had them installed in 50mins!

I am going to have to re-aim the headlights just a tad and am going to take some time to relocate the HID components for the completely stealth install but other than that these things rock!

Great job Steve!

Alright. Got them in today and had them installed in 50mins!

I am going to have to re-aim the headlights just a tad and am going to take some time to relocate the HID components for the completely stealth install but other than that these things rock!

Great job Steve!

Thanks for the feedback. You do not need to re-aim the headlights since the HID bulbs are precisely made to match the beam patterns of the stock 9006 halogens. The HID does not change the height nor the beam pattern. Only the light intensity is higher. The driver's side is appropriately lower than the passenger side just like stock.
Steve

I just wanted to share with you all the incredible customer service that Steve provides. One of my lamps from the 6000k kit that I purchased from him a few months ago had been giving me problems with intermittent shutdown. I couldn't for the life of me figure out why it was happening and after several attempts to fix it on my own, I finally wrote to Steve to ask for help. He told me to ship the unit back to him and he promptly sent a replacement back to me. The fact that he took it upon himself to make sure that I could get my car back up and on the road as soon as possible really speaks volumes to the way he does business. And while I was reinstalling the light tonight, I came across an unexpected surprise. He had packed a refund of my shipping costs inside the box... without my even requesting it!!! :eek: In this day and age, that is unheard of. He has definitely earned my business and I would buy just about anything he sold. :smile: It doesn't hurt that the 6000k HIDs are one of my most favorite upgrades of all time. They're just so beautiful. You won't be able to stop staring at them. Trust me. Anyway, just wanted to share with you all who are contemplating his kit, you can buy with 110% confidence.

Hi

I bought low, high and fog HIDS from Steve. The Hi and lo kits are the same. The bulbs in your OEM setup are the same so you replace them with the same HID bulbs.

I could not see anything different with the HI kit compared to the Lo kit.

The Fog bulbs are H3 I think. But you do not have them over there.

Regards

Hi Martin,

So you didn't change your Fog Light?

bought two sets of steves 6000k last fall one for me and one fro my bro, did mine in about an hour would have been shorter except took the time to cleana nd detail the assembly while it was apart, my brothers took about 20 minutes as i did one side and he did the other at the same time, just like putting something together from ikea when in college, first one takes hours and has parts left over and you cant blow on it the second takes half the time and you resta tank on it.

great product great guy only wish i drive my car at nights to use them.....just cool knowing i have them...

looking for oem fog lights to convert as well once i get them i will contact steve to convert for me.

doc

Got this kit in this last Friday. I installed it during my lunch break with no problem! I love the way it looks, and it is so much better than stock. I would highly recommend Steve's kit to anyone looking to do an HID kit! He was very helpful, and very prompt on his shipping. Even had it come to my work to help me out!
Thanks again Steve!

On a side note, does anyone know how to sightly raise the height of the headlight? Seems like that would help me since my car is lowered and they point some what downward. I only want to raise it a degree or so

Steve,

I heard you are the man to talk to for HID upgrades....haha

I'm local in SJ and need a pair of 6k or 8k d2s bulbs for my GT3 and also maybe a full 9006 hid kit for my m3 fogs?

you can pm or email me at: [email protected]

what brand are your kits?

thanks
rick

Hi Martin,

So you didn't change your Fog Light?

Hi

Our resident Mermaid found the new kit from Steve, but I saw that I had not answered the question above.

I have Steve's HID on my lowbeam the high beam and also the oem fog lights.

It looks very good.

I need to use stripties to fasten the "boxes" some more on those fog lights.

Regards

Hi,
After reading all of these posts, I'm convinced that Steve's kit is the way to go. I had SOS's HID kit on my previous NSX several years ago, and I'm looking forward to giving this one a try. Probably be purchasing the 6000K kit within the next few months.
As a side note, I read in Brian Long's "Acura NSX: Honda's Supercar" book, that in 2000-2001, the Japanese domestic market had HID's in their popup headlights. Does anyone know anything about this? Thanks in advance for any info. -Tom

Back