• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Who are all the "Guests" on NSX Prime these days?

NSX Prime viewership is up because...

• ...links from the S.C. beauty pageant and others in S.C.

Votes: 2 3.2%
  • ...the cancelation of Jaime Lynn Spears pre-teen TV show, so the audience is looking elsewhere

Votes: 5 8.1%
  • ...the Olson twins are becoming cougars, so their audience is looking elsewhere

Votes: 1 1.6%
  • ...NSX Prime isn't restricted by the parole officer

Votes: 2 3.2%
  • ...the IRS doesn't know what an NSX is

Votes: 7 11.3%
  • ...50,000+ auto enthusiasts "can't be wrong" about the biggest loser in S.C.

Votes: 45 72.6%

• Total voters
I guess our little performance secret is getting out on the streets. Who is the one ratting us out? :eek:

i believe its because most of the "Guest" use the free e-mail and cant register to be a member.

The reason is very simple I think.

Many members here on NSXPrime do in fact actually OWN a NSX, whether it is an early model or one of the last cq. latest.
However, I think that for every person who does have a NSX, there are many more who would LIKE to have one but simply cannot afford one.

I used to look around on NSXPrime long before I actually had the chance to buy one. And I very much would have like one when I was younger still but simply wasn't in the position to do so.

Prices of the NSX have dropped significantly over the years of course, but it still takes a pretty dedicated person to pay something like 25000 US$ for a 15-year old car. I think most people simply will buy a new car instead.

To people who own a NSX (or other exotic car) tend to forget that what for them over time becomes just 'their car', for others it still might be a dream yet to come true. An unfortunately, for many, it will simply never happen.

All points quite true- then think of the number of NSX Prime members that are on their 2nd or 3rd car, whether through sales or accidents.

Though I run into people like my former boss at work that thought my X was a new model Corvette, for the most part the most unlikely people do know what they are, and hold them in some considerable regard (compared with any other Honda).

Unfortunately, now, it's a fixed supply- and I know even I would like another, a low miles late year model. In the meantime, I'll keep fixing up my 96 and putting away money for the '02 or later.

Hey at least we are getting more people on here. But yeah man pretty hilarious with that Nick guy. Maybe they will start learning about the car after this episode is done. :smile:

haha guess I didn't make myself clear -- was just referring to all the random folks viewing the Easiest Way to Own a Loser thread. :biggrin:

It's because that thread is growing into something of a legend across the internet. It was mentioned in Joe Rogan's forum, which has thousands of members, and from there has spread to other blogs and forums.

I came here under the impression, that I was to register, play some poker, and then I get a free NSX. Is that not correct? Oh well, I guess I can always put an NSX body kit on my Fiero, then I can be as cool as Nick!

haha guess I didn't make myself clear -- was just referring to all the random folks viewing the Easiest Way to Own a Loser thread. :biggrin:

It is absolutely amazing, that thread is on just about every car forum out there and spreading fast. It could very well be one of the best viral threads in recent history.

Are you kidding? :smile:

I had to come over here just to join in on the festivities.

You guys run an pwnage party like no one else in the World.

A former, late, ruler, of a M.E. country might say, you run the Mother of All Pwnages.:biggrin:

Anyway, I do not own a Red NSX, nor do I live in S.C. or gamble.

But this forum has provided some of the best entertainment I have ever enjoyed on the t00bs of the 1nt4rw3bs.

I came from another car site.

Spent the better part of an evening looking through threads....really cool stuff here, guys.

Nope. Tried that. Didn't work. Had to use my ISP email.

~D

Me too. I was rather surprised to see Gmail listed as a spam source.

On the other hand, a forum I moderate got attacked by a spam bot from Google somehow, on Christmas day. I caught it quickly enough to notify the admins and get it cleaned up, but....

It's good practice to have the extra safety precaution, for sure.

it still takes a pretty dedicated person to pay something like 25000 US$ for a 15-year old car.
I think what you really intended to say is, It still takes a pretty dedicated person to use $80,000 of poker winnings to buy a car in order to impress a 15-year-old girl. :biggrin:

Back