• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Who CURRENTLY used the NSX as a daily driver?

Syonara said:

As for trips to Sams Club and COSTCO....hold on a second :D

Here they are

fa70c8c8.jpg

fa70c8b9.jpg

STOCKTONSX said:
You mentioned Vipers without abs. Now the thing is..what makes it so dangerous to not have abs? I don't really know when abs is good and what makes them better than just regular brakes. What situations are anti lock brakes good for? Do standard brakes just lock up at times? I was considering the Viper for a while but that abs safety issue concerns me--do brakes really lock up that often?

Thanks guys

Confused =(
ravi

ABS gives the driver several advantages including requiring less skill to stop quickly and the ability to steer while braking.

I use my NSX as my Daily driver and it is my only car.

The NSX is such an amazing car. There is not a day that goes by where I do not appreciate it.

In the past year, I have taken the NSX on two trips, participated in three NSX group drives, driven it to work everyday, carted it up to the grocery store, and ripped through the back roads on countless pleasure drives.

I honestly thought that there would be a time when driving it to work might become something less than "fun". It has not. It is the strangest thing. Every time I get in the car, I somewhat forget about where I am going. I am just...driving. I am moving with the curves in the road. Feeling the leather wrapped wheel. At some point during my ten mile trip to work I come back down to Earth and remember that I need to exit the highway. Nevertheless, the rest of the trip is no less fun.

wilsonp said:
Just had All-Season tires put on my NSX (store the Yokohama's until spring) and I'll drive it all winter.
Pete, if it's not too late, I'd recommend taking the tires back and putting Winter tires on instead of the All-Season, especially since you've obviously made the commitment to changing tires between summer and winter. All-Seasons are a compromise and wind up not doing either summer or winter particularly well. Winter tires will be much better in snow and ice. Trust me .. I have years of experience driving a variety of tires in snow/ice.

Oh, and to answer the original post .. mine is a daily driver all year round although it's not the only car in the family.

Syonara said:
Here they are

fa70c8c8.jpg

fa70c8b9.jpg

I am still amazed that a NSX could handle that job, and looking good doing it.

Z18,

How much do you think a 360 Modena is going to cost 3-5 years from now, considering that there will be a car to replaced it like how it replaced the F355? If the price falls into the 75-90,000 dollar, i would really consider it sometime down the road.

I used to drive the NSX daily for two years. Its a great car but the downside to it is the way it eat away the rear tires. Now that I bought a Honda Civic hatchback I leave the NSX in the Batcave. Saves me from jerk drivers. The NSX only leave the house if there is special occasion. For now the Civic will do for my Italian Job driving (remember the movie?:D )

PS: Widebody very soon!

NSX/MR2, i sold my 99 360 Modena 2 months ago for 149,000. I still think they will be 100k or more in 3-5 years as nice 355s from 97-99 are still over 100k. The problem for me was the servicing as we have no Ferrari dealers here in Vegas, so the car needed to be shipped to Newport Beach, and if you think the NSX is expensive to maintain wait to you have a Ferrari, & grand for the 360:eek:

We have a Ferrari dealership here in SD, plus Symbolic motor will also work on Ferrari(s.) So there is one thing I will not have to worry about. Beside, I will definitely work on the Ferrari myself if I could, just like how MYNSX works on his F355. Now, about the pricing, I have seen some example of 1997 F355 go for about 78,000. Is that wrong? If one was to buy a car like that, is that a bad choice?

The reason why I am interested in the 360 is because I love the car and considering it after I considered the depreciation of the car, and since there are so many choices of used on the sport cars market, I hope it helps with the pricing. But first, let's worry about the time being and see if I still want to consider it then. I still and will always keep the NSX, as it is my first real love of a sport car and is too reliable for me to neglect.

NSX2398 said:
Pete, if it's not too late, I'd recommend taking the tires back and putting Winter tires on instead of the All-Season, especially since you've obviously made the commitment to changing tires between summer and winter. All-Seasons are a compromise and wind up not doing either summer or winter particularly well. Winter tires will be much better in snow and ice. Trust me .. I have years of experience driving a variety of tires in snow/ice.
I, too, have years of experience driving a variety of tires in snow/ice.

I had the same initial (unposted) reaction when I initially read Pete's post; basically, if you're getting tires only for winter, you are indeed better with real winter tires. But then I thought about it a bit more, and gave some consideration to the fact that Danville is not the harshest winter climate around. (For example, average annual snowfall is 6 inches, vs 23 in nearby Roanoke or 38 in Chicago.)

You can think of all tires along a continuum. The best tires for snow and ice performance are winter tires like the Michelin Arctic Alpin and the Bridgestone Blizzak WS-50, whose design objectives maximize snow and ice traction. Move along that spectrum, and you get winter tires like the Michelin Pilot Alpin and the Bridgestone Blizzak LM-22, whose design objectives are to give good ride characteristics and traction when the roads are dry and the temperatures are moderate, as well as very good snow and ice traction, while not quite as good as the previous models. Continue to move along that continuum, and you get all-season tires, which do somewhat better for ride and traction in moderate conditions, as well as okay snow and ice traction. Each step gives you a little better performance in moderate conditions, a little worse performance in the worst winter conditions.

I live in Chicago, and I use Michelin Arctic Alpin tires on my daily driver. But if I lived in Danville, I would probably choose all-season tires for winter use, just like Pete.

25,000 miles a year daily driver

I drive my 94 NSX about 25,000 miles a year and love it! Took a trip from Florida to NYC and Atlantic City with my Girlfriend and wish I took pictures as our car looked as stuffed as your Sams Club pictures (but we had to drive in it for 24 hours straight). Love the NSX, but like others I am being wooed by $125K +/- 360 Modena. As soon as it drops just a bit more in price I think I will be ready for a change of cars... Just how bad could the maintainence be? I heard 355 was huge step forward from 348 and 360 was HUGE step up from 355. Any thoughts?

tchaic,

I don't want to hijack this thread, however I would plan on $10K/year in maintenance for an F-car given the miles you drive.

I have a lot of miles in both the 355 and 360. Please feel free to email or PM me if you want.

tchaic said:
Just how bad could the maintainence be? I heard 355 was huge step forward from 348 and 360 was HUGE step up from 355. Any thoughts?
Maintenance consists of scheduled maintenance, and unscheduled repairs. You can find out the cost of scheduled maintenance services by calling your local Ferrari dealer's service department. You can also ask them about some of the more frequent repairs that they have done on the model you are considering. Find out for yourself.

The short answer is, "If you have to ask, you can't afford it." :D

I have a 92' Black/Black that has been daily driven since I got it exactly 2 yrs. ago today actually. I've put 30K miles on in 2 yrs. It wasn't the plan to be my only car, but other things in life have kept it that way for now. I hope to buy something else in the near future so atleast I have a choice when it's hail season. It's amazing what you get used to when you drive a high performance car everday. Sometimes I forget just how special the car is until I drive someone else's "normal" car, now there's a reality check that makes you appreciate it even more.

Currently ... ME! :D

I sold my beater Clio 1.8 with 95ps Friday and I am getting a beater Accord coupe 2.2 with 155ps tomorrow.

So these days I enjoy the NSX: the weather is still fantastic, it seems to be in sunny April! :D

I know this is getting a bit off topic now.. but i have to say that as far as daily driver sedans go, the E55 AMG Benz is impressive. Nope.. doesnt handle all that well.. No - its not in teh same class as a 'GT' - but 516 ft-lb of torque starting at ~2500 rpm.. its fun.. sort of a euro-muscle car. This car, with four ppl in it, will smoke my nsx on the freeway...

Would *NEVER* sell the NSX for it (love it too much).. but for a family sedan - fun car :)

Back