• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

who has the fastest all/motor nsx

had no idea greece invented a cigarette lighter! or was it a sun?

seriously though,
what are the gear ratios in the custom tranny? i for one believe that it is the single biggest factor that might yeld those results. cutting 50mph off the top speed does wonders to acceleration. any bike owner that played with its sprockets knows that.

Weren't the pre-2003 JGTC NSX's all C32B strokers? Kind of a stretch, I know, but technically "all-motor."

Yeah, and Honda took a 2002 JGTC GT500 NSX, shipped it to Europe, and entered it in the Nürburgring 24 hour race. They detuned it enough to last 2200 miles before needing a rebuild. In that state of tune but still with ITBs, 3.5 liters, a custom exhaust, etc., Honda said it put 365 horsepower to the wheels. The same as costa's.

If there's an engine builder in Greece who can get JGTC levels of horsepower without ITB's and increased displacement, damn!

It would be a lot cheaper to hide a bottle of NOS in the space behind the subwoofer in the passenger footwell, though.

someone sent me this video,and i would like to ask all nsx prime members if anyone knows this nsx? and is it allmotor? thanks!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2NDqB1EQhgk

That would be Factor X turbo NSX. It is possible to hit mid 11's in a all motor honda. I've built motors for 14yrs and doing Frankenstein swaps ranging from B16/B18C/H22/K20/K24/K26/C30) with all the goodies (ITBs/Custom hedders/Port & polish w/5 angle valve job/high compress pistons/Lightned knife edge crank/etc) that produces 9's 10's and 11's. Stating that you only have an airbox, OTB, Exhaust and maybe a hedder, I don't see that's possible. Are you sure there not clocking you in 1/8th of a mile instead of a 1/4? Otherwise you going 11.7 in 1/4mile means 7.44 in 1/8th of the mile!:eek: Maybe your reading the other guys time thinking it's yours? j/k :tongue:

For example, here's a Lovefab turbo NSX running 1/8th of the mile at 8.00 @ 101mph.
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/5kOAgS4iL6k&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/5kOAgS4iL6k&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

You sir on the other hand is pretty lucky to have a motor to produce such time slips. But then again being a good driver does play a role too. In any event keep up the good work!

Last edited:
you can joke all u want!but if it wasnt for us
you would of probably still be banging rocks together for fire:wink:

Here are some examples of older and far superior civilizations than ancient greece:

pyr.jpg

attractions-great-wall.jpg

2008 Olympics > 2004 :tongue:

Greece is so passe........ yesterday's news as with much of Europe.

Time to bow down to China.

U've started bowing down to asians when u procured the NSX.

U will be assimulated..... resistence is futile.

The modest list of engine mods and weight reduction pieces Costas listed are all well known and have already been done and to even greater extent by several members on Prime. Rather than search for exotic answers, such as JGTC motors and exotic cut gears, look into something simpler and has not been denied. Notice the reflexively quick denial of NOS, but not a wimper of denial when asked directly about Nitromethane/propane and "rocket fuel" on seperate posts. When asked what fuel is used, "the car wasnt running on pump gaz " was the answer. Racing gas may be the implied answer, but I think "more than race gas" was the real answer. With 2-Nitropropane/ Meth injection, Armando's turbo/nitro setup produced 255 Ft-lb (wheel)@ 1900 rpm, prior to any boost, so higher numbers are easily possible with a dedicated/stealth Nitromethane or nitropropane system. A small tank is far easier to hide than a large NOS tank and denial of NOS when asked directly is still inherently truthful. Sorry for being so suspicious, but it just doesn't add up for me- and I've gone down the weight loss, NA hp and FI'd hp paths to far greater extent.

Costas, until you provide better detail, your claims to the fastest all motor NSX will continue to be clouded with suspicion.

Regards,

Danny

Last edited:
That would be Factor X turbo NSX. It is possible to hit mid 11's in a all motor honda. I've built motors for 14yrs and doing Frankenstein swaps ranging from B16/B18C/H22/K20/K24/K26/C30) with all the goodies (ITBs/Custom hedders/Port & polish w/5 angle valve job/high compress pistons/Lightned knife edge crank/etc) that produces 9's 10's and 11's. Stating that you only have an airbox, OTB, Exhaust and maybe a hedder, I don't see that's possible. Are you sure there not clocking you in 1/8th of a mile instead of a 1/4? Otherwise you going 11.7 in 1/4mile means 7.44 in 1/8th of the mile!:eek: Maybe your reading the other guys time thinking it's yours? j/k :tongue:

For example, here's a Lovefab turbo NSX running 1/8th of the mile at 8.00 @ 101mph.
<object width="425" height="344">

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/5kOAgS4iL6k&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></object>

You sir on the other hand is pretty lucky to have a motor to produce such time slips. But then again being a good driver does play a role too. In any event keep up the good work!
i have been dragracing since i was 16 years old ,im from canada so i know the diffrence beetween 1/4 and 1/8 here in greece the only 1/8 are the open categories,i have posted my slip and my 1/8 is7.596 and the slip is no bodys but mine you can see on top my name and car!

The modest list of engine mods and weight reduction pieces Costas listed are all well known and have already been done and to even greater extent by several members on Prime. Rather than search for exotic answers, such as JGTC motors and exotic cut gears, look into something simpler and has not been denied. Notice the reflexively quick denial of NOS, but not a wimper of denial when asked directly about Nitromethane/propane and "rocket fuel" on seperate posts. When asked what fuel is used, "the car wasnt running on pump gaz " was the answer. Racing gas may be the implied answer, but I think "more than race gas" was the real answer. With 2-Nitropropane/ Meth injection, Armando's turbo/nitro setup produced 255 Ft-lb (wheel)@ 1900 rpm, prior to any boost, so higher numbers are easily possible with a dedicated/stealth Nitromethane or nitropropane system. A small tank is far easier to hide than a large NOS tank and denial of NOS when asked directly is still inherently truthful. Sorry for being so suspicious, but it just doesn't add up for me- and I've gone down the weight loss, NA hp and FI'd hp paths to far greater extent.

Costas, until you provide better detail, your claims to the fastest all motor NSX will continue to be clouded with suspicion.

Regards,

Danny
danny like as said i am not using nos,there is no were i can hide a small bottle make aprox 7-8 runs all weekend and be steady with my times!
i also mentioned on the last final run for 1st place they always check the cars !

Thanks! Eveyone it seems i got my answer!i do have the fastest all motor nsx in the world in the quarter!

Like i said everyone is welcomed to have my car cheked for any thing fishy, and show you in real action what a all/motor nsx does! Thats all from me!!!
Thanks costa

No one is doubting you because of the number, every one who doubts you like to know more about your car before believe in you.

For starters, what's been done to your car? What type of parts are they? Where is the dyno chart? How much does it weight? What kind of gearing? etc.

Post them all up at the same time and you may sound more legit.

Regardless of whether or not he's using rocket fuel, he's clearly not using any form of FI or nitrous. If that's the case then he may, indeed, have the fastest all motor NSX by definition. There aren't any "class" rules to negate or uphold the claim - just the fact that he's not using FI.

That said, since there aren't any classes to compete in, I don't know why the OP would try and keep his setup a secret.

Regardless of whether or not he's using rocket fuel, he's clearly not using any form of FI or nitrous. If that's the case then he may, indeed, have the fastest all motor NSX by definition. There aren't any "class" rules to negate or uphold the claim - just the fact that he's not using FI.

That said, since there aren't any classes to compete in, I don't know why the OP would try and keep his setup a secret.

Nitromethane or 2-Nitropropane will get you more power than nitrous, is easier to hide (liquid tanks are smaller than the larger NOS bottles) but is carcinogenic and not as well known. Usage of any of the above three is the same and any claim to being the fastest all motor NSX while using any of the three is simply disingenuous. Till now, he has not denied using "rocket fuel" despite several direct questions to the matter. Reminds me of the Chinese Women's swim team many years ago- their "secret" Chinese medicine turned out to be steroids. Quite possibly, Costas can't divulge his "secret" because he has more at stake in Greece (his reputation), than the extremely small to none chance that he has a setup (maxed wt loss, maxed NA power, maxed special gearing) never before seen by any on this forum.

Regards,

Danny

Last edited:
Nitromethane or 2-Nitropropane will get you more power than nitrous, is easier to hide (liquid tanks are smaller than the larger NOS bottles) but is carcinogenic and not as well known. Usage of any of the above three is the same and any claim to being the fastest all motor NSX while using any of the three is simply disingenuous. Till now, he has not denied using "rocket fuel" despite several direct questions to the matter. Reminds me of the Chinese Women's swim team many years ago- their "secret" Chinese medicine turned out to be steroids. Quite possibly, Costas can't divulge his "secret" because he has more at stake in Greece (his reputation), than the extremely small to none chance that he has a setup (maxed wt loss, maxed NA power, maxed special gearing) never before seen by any on this forum.

Regards,

Danny

nitro? lol.... if this guy is legit, I think it is much more likely that he has a ~2700lbs NSX with ~325 rwhp with sticky tires and deep gears. Take that combo and a 6000 rpm launch and it'll go 11's.

The fact remains that he's not using FI or spraying. Again, there is no classification or rules to say otherwise. There are no asterisks needed in the claim as there is no generally accepted standard for the NSX to judge the claim by - unless the NSXCA has started a drag racing program that I'm not aware of.

I'm not meaning to be argumentative but there is no a certain octane that you can't be above or below to be considered all motor. Nor is there any fuel specification or tire or compression or weight specification. Why is that? B/c there's no stated spec indicating as such.

Perhaps the better thing to claim is "fastest N/A" instead of "all motor."

Last edited:
nitro? lol.... if this guy is legit, I think it is much more likely that he has a ~2700lbs NSX with ~325 rwhp with sticky tires and deep gears. Take that combo and a 6000 rpm launch and it'll go 11's.

No it won't because as Danny has said many members here have done that ,and on pump gas can't get into the 11's.:confused:Listen Costa why on earth would you feel like being transparent about your car will make you less competitive,:rolleyes: Be proud of your accomplishment and share your hard work with prime like we all do.If someone would want to copy your setup in the states then your final timeslips would be based on driver skill and not nitromethane or terbutaline or whatever:biggrin: btw I'm going back to sipping my proseco just now:cool:

11.735, 11.733, 11.730 on three consecutive runs. You don't see anything funny here as well? He has also been asked directly on at least three occasions and has skirted the matter of Nitromethane/propane/rocket fuel each and every time. I think its far more likely that he has used something "other" than deep weight reduction + >325 rwhp (from 3.0 displacement) + "special cut gears".

Regards,

Danny

The fact remains that he's not using FI or spraying. Again, there is no classification or rules to say otherwise. There are no asterisks needed in the claim as there is no generally accepted standard for the NSX to judge the claim by - unless the NSXCA has started a drag racing program that I'm not aware of.

I'm not meaning to be argumentative but there is no a certain octane that you can't be above or below to be considered all motor. Nor is there any fuel specification or tire or compression or weight specification. Why is that? B/c there's no stated spec indicating as such.

Perhaps the better thing to claim is "fastest N/A" instead of "all motor."

Octane isn't the issue. It's packing extra O2, whether via compressed air (FI), or released via heat degradation/ combustion (NOS or Nitro -sprayed, squirted or otherwise). Disingenuous if true.

Regards,

Danny

There is a reason why below 12 second is the holly grill for quarter miles. Other than specialty cars, few have achieved it.

Now THAT is funny. Comments like this are why it is often hard for me to take this forum seriously. Hell, two years ago (just for laughs) I helped a friend build a junker EF that ran in the 11s all motor, on pump gas, just working a few weekends with crap we had sitting around in his shop. I don't recall anyone ever using the word 'fast' to describe it.

For a reality check, the last real drag car I worked on ran high 9s on the motor and its first ever pass on the nitrous kit was 7.4X.

BTW, the "Holy Grill" is what they use at the church bar-b-que. Now back to our regularly scheduled programming. . .

Now THAT is funny. Comments like this are why it is often hard for me to take this forum seriously. Hell, two years ago (just for laughs) I helped a friend build a junker EF that ran in the 11s all motor, on pump gas, just working a few weekends with crap we had sitting around in his shop. I don't recall anyone ever using the word 'fast' to describe it.

For a reality check, the last real drag car I worked on ran high 9s on the motor and its first ever pass on the nitrous kit was 7.4X.

BTW, the "Holy Grill" is what they use at the church bar-b-que. Now back to our regularly scheduled programming. . .

That is very funny. You built a dragster with massive FI, while at it, you even talk about nitrous, which has nothing to do with..... For reality check, a NA/All motor C30A NSX.:eek:

It's Comments like this are why it is often hard for me to take people like you on this forum seriously.

Is that why many car manufactures are targeting sub 12 seconds 1/4 mile with their performance line of vehicles such as BMW M, AMG MB, GTR, Corvette ZR1/Z06, Audi S, etc?

And through out the history of NSX, the only "NA" NSX I know that can do sub 12 second 1/4 mile/400m are the JGTC NSX. Not a single NA NSX in the world had that claim... well, until this thread.

It is always nice to read about "what I have accomplished" statements when it has nothing to do with the topic. If you want to talk about dragsters, please start a new thread in off topic, I'm sure you will have plenty of people discuss the subject with you, but not here.

Great job, please tell me more about your daily driver 7.x second dragster. I love the story.:rolleyes: I WILL TAKE YOU VERY SERIOUS!!!:cool:

Last edited:
Not right now. It was meant as a comparision to show how ridiculous this has gotten. You can't be all motor if you're not running the lowellhigh79 specified fuel.

No need for "running the lowellhigh79 specified fuel", just some honesty, transparency and maybe a little critical thinking.

Regards,

Danny

No need for "running the lowellhigh79 specified fuel", just some honesty, transparency and maybe a little critical thinking.

No amount of critical reasoning is going to change the fact that the guy didn't use (as claimed) FI or nitrious. If he optimized the fuel, compression ratio, weight, and traction of his NSX to get that time - more power to him.

Unless there's someone here that represents the Intl. Commission of All Motor Records that can point out the exact code and article indicating that Saturn V rocket fuel is expressely prohibited and that all records using said fuel are invalid and punishable by caning, I'm beginning to think that costa may have stepped on some very sensitive toes.

No amount of critical reasoning is going to change the fact that the guy didn't use (as claimed) FI or nitrious. If he optimized the fuel, compression ratio, weight, and traction of his NSX to get that time - more power to him.

Unless there's someone here that represents the Intl. Commission of All Motor Records that can point out the exact code and article indicating that Saturn V rocket fuel is expressely prohibited and that all records using said fuel are invalid and punishable by caning, I'm beginning to think that costa may have stepped on some very sensitive toes.

Just the intelligent toes.

Regards,

Danny

The suspicion is not that he is running fuel with a massively high octane rating – that would just let you up the compression ratio. The suspicion is that he’s injecting something that releases oxygen in the combustion chamber.

According to Jon Martin and the data log from Markc’s dyno day, the OEM intake manifold becomes a significant limitation at high NA horsepower levels, restricting the amount of air the engine can inhale. With FI, you can push air down the runners and thereby get enough air (and oxygen) into the combustion chambers to make more horsepower. NA, the engine becomes oxygen-starved. NOS releases oxygen, allowing you to burn more fuel in the combustion chambers despite the limited amount of air getting in through the manifold. It seems nitromethane and 2-nitropropane are similar. They burn without needing much atmospheric oxygen because there’s so much oxygen in the molecule itself.

I doubt an NA engine can suck enough air through the OEM intake manifold to produce 361 wheel hp unless there is some secondary system getting additional oxygen into the combustion chambers. To me, “all motor” is NA without NOS injection, nitromethane, etc. Since costa’s car was checked for NOS, it seems that such a supplemental oxygen-injecting system runs against the spirit of the “all motor” races he participates in as well.

I also agree that there is no reason for such secrecy. It’s no secret how to generate NA horsepower. We wouldn’t need to know the lift and duration of the cams, the centerline the cam gears were set to, the diameter of the ITBs, the diameter and length of the header tubes, etc. The secret to horsepower would lie in the specifications of the mods, not in a list of the mods themselves. Unless the mods include something beyond what is allowed in costa’s “all motor” races.

Now back to the garage to do some wrenching…

sorry to tell you but your car needs the driver mod (unless your running at elevation, a REAL bad track, or both). There have been multiple mag tests at 12.9 ETs.....don't you think that with weight reduction and + 70rwhp your car would be capable of knocking off more than a couple of tenths? Under ideal conditions with sticky tires YOUR car could run 11's.

No, for Vegas (where he's running) that sounds about right. Stock NSX's will have a VERY hard time even breaking into 13's out here. I'm not quite sure what it is but 1/4 mile times out here are consistently much slower than most other places I've seen. I can't quite put my finger on it but it must be the combination of the altitude, dry and dusty track conditions and the heat. And it is consistent across all cars that run out here, not just NSX's.

Back