• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Who still has the original clutch?

My 91 just turned 80K with original clutch. Works like new! :smile:

cf_hood_b.jpg

My 97 NA1 have now 189300kms, that is arround 118000mls :wink:

no slip whatsoever.... but after a hard driving....it smells allover :biggrin:

The life of the clutch as you can see depends alot on ones driving habits. I would presume alot of the higher milage clutches are highway crusiers with long commutes or easy drives behind them.
As you can see my 72k on mine and NO track days on it EVER:eek: !! I do hope I can one day track it, as it should be. I have no slipping but I am noticing I dont have the tire chirp from 1st -2nd like I used to:frown: :frown: .

My '97 turned 110,000 on Nov 4 2007 w/original clutch, currently at 111k.
217391593-M-2.jpg

Very nice!! Do you have any track days on it that you know of? How does the clutch pedal feel, soft? Do you plan on changing it out or wait to see how many miles a stock one will go?

I don't. But I bet I have the shortest lifespan on my original clutch! My original clutch was replaced after 800 miles, when the starter ring gear came off the flywheel. They replaced the entire clutch because they didn't want to chance anything else having been damaged as a result.

The NSX tech who did it (at Acura Motorcars near Cleveland) had gone through training on the NSX but this is the first clutch he actually replaced. This was in May 1991.

The clutch he installed lasted for 38K miles before one of the springs broke and it was replaced.

Do you think the springs broke due to what: age, mileage or faulty disc?

I'm pretty sure mine still has the original clutch. I'm at 127,000 miles. It slips a bit if you really abuse it but normally it's 100% fine. "They" tell me it was replaced around 69k, but they lied about everything else... why would they tell the truth about that right? Lol. :rolleyes:

I don't. But I bet I have the shortest lifespan on my original clutch! My original clutch was replaced after 800 miles, when the starter ring gear came off the flywheel. They replaced the entire clutch because they didn't want to chance anything else having been damaged as a result.

The NSX tech who did it (at Acura Motorcars near Cleveland) had gone through training on the NSX but this is the first clutch he actually replaced. This was in May 1991.

The clutch he installed lasted for 38K miles before one of the springs broke and it was replaced.
Wow, you've had it since new!!:eek:

Im still on my original.

35k km (~25k miles). Four years old. CTSC car that sees a lot of track time.

Its days are probably numbered.

Wow Dave

That's strong.

My car had 25k miles on it when I slapped the CTSC on it. Shortly after, I fried the clutch.

Take it to a drag strip and you'll get to replace it just like me :biggrin:

I'm in the process of changing it now - almost ready to drop. My 94 has 42k miles and the only reason I'm changing it now is when the weather is really warm (90 and up), and under heavy acceleration in 3rd gear at high rpms, I feel it chattering (slipping).

I plan on doing some long distance driving this coming summer and I don't want any problems.

If you are interested, the only problems I've had so far was in removing the half shaft (passenger side axle) from the holder. Larry B tells me the real fun is yet to come when I go to remove the drive side axle which I should get to Thursday night.

Back