• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Who wants to go to NSXEXPO from the Bay area?

Just to stir trouble, How about instead of going through LA (I hate driving in LA), spend Tuesday night in Vegas and caravan down over Hoover (Boulder) dam? From there go east and then turn south through Sedona before getting into Phoenix Wednesday eveining. If we can get a big enough group, I could justify hiring a helicopter to take photos of the caravan going over the dam.

Just a thought.

Tom

whiteNSXs said:
Crap! I think I messed up. I was under impression that the NSXPO2005 starts on 10/7/05 Friday and ends on Tuesday 10/11/05. So I was planning to start my drive from SF on Thursday 10/6/05 evening to LA then stay overnight and join the caravan the next day. Now I looked at the schedule, it actually starts on 10/6/05 evening with registration and cocktail reception. On 10/7/05, it is actually a full day.
Now, I have to redo my schedule. :mad:
Steve

cigarette doc? :biggrin:

kenjiMR said:
You just missed it.

I've been there before, it's alright. Nothing that really stands out at you, except for the DYNO! It's out in the middle of NOWHERE!! :frown:

Just got my NSXPO packet in the mail and am presently trying to talk the wife into committing to this trip. I want to go but don't really want to go alone and I want her to be able to put the car on the track. Are most people taking the wives/husbands along?

As fro driving over Hoover Dam that would be way cool.

[QUOTE NSX88]Hi Everyone,

Now that we are a rapidly approaching NSXPO in October I wanted to see who is still wanting to go. I have a couple of ideas in mind and of course your input and ideas are needed...

1. Form a concrete group of who would like to go to EXPO.
2. We could do a group transport and fly to AZ ( I read on another forum someone had found a deal on covered transport it was for 8 cars and about $500.00 a piece to and from AZ)
2a. If we did the transport we could find a travel agent that could get a group price on airfare and hotel.

or
3. Do a group caravan from the Bay to AZ.
3a. If we caravan narrow down a route, time, and lodging.

Of course if we have a group and plan ahead we can save more money on trip expenses.

Just some brainstorming. I hope alot of you are planning on going. I know I am looking forward to this journey...[/QUOTE]

I would *definitely* prefer to ship my purple NSX at least one way (ideally from the Bay Area to Phoenix; I think I'll be so pumped from NSXPO that I won't mind driving back). I would also consider shipping both ways (subject to cost). Is the $500 roundtrip or just each way? If it's roundtrip, you can sign me up immediately! If the $500 charge is each way, I would still be
willing but I would not want to do it both ways.

Thanks for your initiative in starting this discussion! I hope we can put together some concrete plans before pre-registration (discounted) which is due by Aug 26.

Looks like I'm going! Now I just got to register...

My preference is to drive both ways and not go to L.A. Maybe even a non-stop blitz Bay Area to Phoenix. Anyone planning to do that?

Ok, this is my plan. I can either start driving to LA from South San Francisco around 5pm 10/5/05 and get to LA by midnight and stay overnight to join the LA caravan the next morning, OR I will start driving around 4am on 10/06/05 from SF to meet up with the LA Caravan, OR starting around 5am 10/06/05 and just drive all the way to Phoenix. Because I have to work on 10/05/05 until 5pm, these are the only ways I can drive there. Anyone wants to join me these ways?
Steve

I'd be interested in driving there and transporting the car back, or even transporting the car both ways. While I'd love to drive both ways, not sure if I can swing that many days off.

I'm going to drive both ways. I'm starting my drive East on Hwy 46 to Hwy 99 South then to 58 East and over to Four corners; south on 395 until 15 South and then onto 10 East to Scottsdale. I'm hoping to find someone on 10e. I'm not going to drive through LA. I'm estimating that it will be about a 9 hrs drive.

Is anyone interested in joining me? I'm driving a 95 red head

Thanks Bill :cool:

We will be starting out in the morning of the 5th and then stopping in Palm Springs for the night and then continue to Phoenix the next day. I want to keep it fun and relaxed. And on the way back we plan on stopping a few places to have some more fun, probably get back to the homestead on Friday or Saturday. We will see how comfortable the NSX is on such a long drive and with cramped spaces.

Is anyone arranging a transport both ways? I think I might have to go that route for lack of vacation days.

Flaminio - I am planning on leaving on Wednesday October 5th so that I can get into town and rest prior to registration and the cocktail party on the 6th. If you are interested, we could meet in Paso Robles and drive through the hills and avoid Los Angeles. If this sounds good to you, p.m. me and I'll give you a call and we can talk "live".

racerex said:
Flaminio - I am planning on leaving on Wednesday October 5th so that I can get into town and rest prior to registration and the cocktail party on the 6th.

It's a good plan, but I gotta work on the 5th :(.

I'm sure there are others who are driving on the 6th? Ms Purple?

Looks like I'm out. :( Company just decided to send me on a business trip the week of NSXPO.

flaminio said:
It's a good plan, but I gotta work on the 5th :(.

I'm sure there are others who are driving on the 6th? Ms Purple?
So do you want to drive with me to Southern Cal in the evening of 5th of October or 4am on 6th?
Steve

Are any of you guys planning on meeting us on Thursday Morning, Oct 6th for the caravan to Phoenix? If you haven't seen it, the caravan thread has been updated to include times and directions here. It will be updated with names shortly. We would love to have you join us!
Hope to see you there,
John :biggrin:

ANYTIME said:
Only Steve? (whiteNSXs)
Only Me, I, and myself???!!! Guys, don't wimp out on me now! How about starting the trip from SF Bay Area around 4am on Thursday and meet up with the South Cal guys right before noon at that dinosaur Inn? I don't want to drive all by myself! :frown:
Steve

whiteNSXs said:
Only Me, I, and myself???!!! Guys, don't wimp out on me now! How about starting the trip from SF Bay Area around 4am on Thursday and meet up with the South Cal guys right before noon at that dinosaur Inn? I don't want to drive all by myself! :frown:

No worries -- I'm in! So we'd catch the OC crew in Cabazon?

Back