• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Who wishes they had bought yellow?

I have been monitoring the discussion about color and thought I would start another color thread.

When I was looking at buying one, I had lots of great deals saving me $10K - $20K in some cases just to buy Black, or some other hard to sell color. Red is a very popular one and you see it everywhere. My wife, knowing how hard I am to live with when I buy a car the color that I don't want, insisted that I wait the extra time for a yellow one. Now that I have had it for almost a month, I am really glad I got yellow.

I know I have head a number of you say that you bought black, but you really wanted yellow. Any of you wish you had bought yellow? Or did you buy one color and really wish you had bought another color?

------------------
Gordon G. Miller, III
Y2K NSX #51
[email protected]

I haven't bought yet, but I'm seriously considering yellow. I've always been a red-car kinda guy, but as you point out, it's a fairly common color and the yellow is so sweet.

-Bob

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1362838097.433162.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1362838097.433162.jpg
    74 KB · Views: 4
I've never been a fan of yellow cars, though the NSX does look pretty good in yellow.

To me, red is THE sports car color. That said, I had been debating between black/black and red/black for years. Until I was in the presence of my 2000 red/black T at the dealership, I had actually been favoring black, but am glad I stayed with red. It shows off the NSX's lines, screams classic exotic, and is a lot more fun.

[This message has been edited by akira3d (edited 17 June 2000).]

Gordon, I haven't yet seen a yellow NSX in person so I can't give a honest opinion. In pictures, it looks great but IMO any color on a NSX looks good.

The previous owner of my car traded it in ('94 black/black) for a '00 black! I guess this guy really likes black! But black does look sweet and it is my first choice.

I had no idea why they called it Spa Yellow PEARL until the morning I went to pick it up. It has a glorious glow under the sun, which will change to two other different hues of yellow depending on the time of the day or the weather. I don't think there is a prettier yellow on any car at any price.

I'm with the poster who thought that *any* color looks great on an NSX. While I like *all* NSX's (how about those earlier purple/tan combos? sheer elegance!), I opted for a white 2000 and think it's lovely - perfect for 10th family vehicle.

be well.
hal

Ah,but there is nothing quite like a good Brookland Green in the Spring.... summer...fall...festive in winter too! Cops think that blur was just part of the median whizzing by-

I think the "PEARL" aspect of the color is overlooked too often as well. I had the same reaction that dollenz had when arriving at the dealership to pickup the car. The new all glass delivery rooms there are awesome. With the car in the sun, it does give the color depth that you don't find on something like a Ferrari.

I was always partial to the PEARL white Audi A-4s when they first came out. PEARL white would be nice for an NSX. I have to agree that while any color looks good on an NSX I am glad that I got yellow.

I guess the purpose of the question was to see if anyone out there "settled" for another color due to the "great deal" they got and wish they had spent the money on another color. I know that is hard for some people to face, but I have done it before with other cars, but will never do it again.

------------------
Gordon G. Miller, III
Y2K NSX #51
[email protected]

[This message has been edited by G-man (edited 12 April 2000).]

The Yellow NSX looks absolutely magnificent in person as I have seen several. But I can see it getting old. Still, I wouldnt mind a garage full of yellow cars such as: F355, '96 Porsche Turbo, '98 Lotus V8 Spirit, '94 RX-7, Skyline R33, and of course, the Spa Yellow NSX.

Seriously though. You can never beat the look of a red NSX-T with tan interior and that black is and always will be the sh1t. I've always wanted a black NSX. But I wouldnt mind a white NSX-T as that is the rarest color I've seen right behind Kaiser Silver Metallic and Monte Carlo Blue.

I saw Michael Johnsons '96 Purple/Tan NSX-T up close and its very impressive too.

Just before I bought the NSX I had a 2000 Millenium Yellow Corvette. The Yellow was BEAUTIFUL. But I had to sell it because after just 4 months I could not drive it every day. If it's for a weekend car, I say go for it. Otherwise, it's A LOT of color to live with.

------------------
94 Red & Tan NSX. One of 35 made that year.

Always BET ON BLACK!

I have 3 black cars and black is a pain in the ass to keep clean. So I'm thinking about buying a white supra or a blue skyline. But maybe I should stick to black, its looks the best when clean because the paint reflects so much better than any other color.

Attachments

• 3634.jpeg
    3634.jpeg
    41.4 KB · Views: 18
Originally posted by ak:
When did they start making yellow NSX?

Yellow was first produced in 1997 when they upgraded the engine and added the 6 speed. In the US, there are only 1997, 1998, 1999 and 2000 models that are Yellow. I have seen that yellow might be a factory color in Japan even earlier, but not sure.

------------------
Gordon G. Miller, III
Y2K NSX #51 Yellow/Black
[email protected] http://www.g3.com

Yellow was first available in Japan in 1994. The Japanese Type R was available in white or yellow. Although the car was like other 94's in that it still had the black top.

Back