• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Why do people rip on NSX's??

It seems like enthusiasts of other cars have such negative attitudes towards NSX's. And, half the time it is pure non-sense. Like recent Viper thread http://www.nsxprime.com/ubb/Forum24/HTML/000142.html ...I went and read the stuff on the Viper site and one guy said someting to the effect that "anyone that owns an NSX must be really short, because I had the displeasure of sitting in one and I had four inches too much head for the headroom". I can only assume he was referring to the -POINT- on his head. Obviously he's never sat in one...much less experienced driving one. If people are going to rip on cars...and I think this goes for us too...at least be honest and correct. With opinions, there is no right or wrong. Talking smack...when your smack is B.S. it makes you look dumb.

------------------
Todd E. Williams
'94 NSX Berlina Black/Black

Change starts @ home.Let-em whirl!! LOL

I find if I expect the best "I get it".
I look for the positive compliments and ignore any thing negative and quickly dismiss it.

------------------
WWW.MYNSX.COM

The NSX has got to be the most mis-understood and under-appreciated sports car within "enthusaist" communities.

As I said in another post, those who truly understand and appreciate the NSX's inherently intangible value-propositions represent a small and special group of people.

Most "enthusiasts" simply look at what is on the surface and readily dismiss the NSX as a non-contender simply based on one-dimensional parameters such as hp/torque/acceleration times/bang-for-the-buck ratios.

I suppose most people are lazy thinkers and are not capable of looking beyond the surface.

It's their loss.

Like recent Viper thread http://www.nsxprime.com/ubb/Forum24/HTML/000142.html ...I went and read the stuff on the Viper site and one guy said someting to the effect that "anyone that owns an NSX must be really short, because I had the displeasure of sitting in one and I had four inches too much head for the headroom".

Funny - I am 6'3" and 297 lbs. and I fit very comfortably in my NSX. I attempted to sit in an '02 Viper the other night and I couldn't even get my legs all the way in. I could not imagine trying to drive it.

------------------
'91 Black/Black

Envy, insecurity, immaturity, bedroom difficulties, you get the idea. People who put down other cars/owners just to inflate their own egos are not "enthusiasts", just failures.

I have a question for addisonrecruiter
I'm 6 ft, but I also have spikey have which makes me about 6'3. Whould the roof mess up my spikes. If so would taking some padding out of the seat solve this problem.

I dont get alot of rips at all, most car people I see and meet all the time love the car...I get alot of smiles on the road from all ages all the time...

Every car gets this BS talk, no matter what you drive.

Originally posted by 5inchfatlip:
I dont get alot of rips at all, most car people I see and meet all the time love the car...I get alot of smiles on the road from all ages all the time...

That's because we live in Southern Cali. You have to admit we're pretty lucky not to get that kind of BS --well, not as much-- because all cars are appreciated around here. Heck, I get thumbs up from Mustang and Camaro owners even.

Originally posted by Dan Ciesniewski:
I'm 6 ft, but I also have spikey have which makes me about 6'3. Whould the roof mess up my spikes. If so would taking some padding out of the seat solve this problem.

Nah..I'm just over 6'3" and have plenty of room. I haven't tried wearing a helmet yet...but so far so good. I even have about 2 inches to spare.

------------------
Todd E. Williams
'94 NSX Berlina Black/Black

It's the fact that most folks don't understand or appreciate the NSX that makes me like it all the more. True beauty often conceals itself -- it's the job of the discerning to recognize it when they find it.

I think the NSX is one of the best looking cars out there... When I am at the track and kids say "My friends 91 Talon can beat your car" I just smile. Not longer after that they are all asking if they can take pictures with them and the car. It is not only how fast you get there, but how you get there..

This is the type of topic that will go on and on and will be discussed for years and years. But when it all comes down to it, does it really matter what people say or think ? The negative crap we receive is either from a person who is set in his / her ways or he / she just simply does know what they are talking about. If the viper guys / forum puts down the NSX...so what! It's really no big deal! As they say "to each his own". I personally wouldn't own a viper if it was given to me for free - but that doesn't mean I don't think it is a cool car. (Yes, I have driven a few Vipers, so I base my opinion of experience). I would say 85-90% of the comments, reactions ect. I receive are very positive. The few negatives are the usual comments (that car isn't worth xxxxx) blah blah blah......yea ok......well, at the end of the day I still Drive home with a HUGE smile on my face and whenever I have to go in the garage....I have a huge smile on my face!
smile.gif
........'nuf said.

Originally posted by Dan Ciesniewski:

My head never hits the roof. Test it out and see if it works for you. I personally wouldn't take padding out of my seats. But that's just me.

------------------
'91 Black/Black

I think how other people fit only serves as a guidline. You shold really sit in a NSX to find out for yourself since some people can have longer necks/upper body while others have longer legs/lower body.

The NSX gets ripped on in general quite simply because Honda has taken too damn long to update it significantly, given everyone else 10+ years to make sports cars that are superior to the NSX in many ways.

I love the NSX. The Zanardi I own is simply incredible. But I also own other sports cars, and have driven a LOT of other sports cars, so I'm not going to be blindly NSX-centric and defend Honda to the death.

If Honda were to put the same effort into a new NSX as they did in the early 90s (and I'm aware of the rumors), they could create a car that would, for the buck, smoke just about anything, and be higher quality than anything else out there by far as well.

But, alas, this topic has been beaten to death, and until we hear something for real from Honda, I suppose we're just whining.

As for driving room and comfort, well, I'm not tall (5'11")... the only issue with the NSX for me is that my head hits the room when I wear a helmet for the track, so I need to adjust the seat way back, which is rather ackward. Other than that, having driven Vipers fairly extensively, the NSX is WAY more comfortable and roomy.

*shrug*

-Z18

Back