• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Why I love the RX-7 . . .

I couldn't stop laughing after I read all the comments:

"Like one or two would have been like crap but all 4 is just hillarious"

LOL

Isn't this BATMANs reason #429 why RX-7s are better than the NSX? Automatic Speed Sensitive Wheel Inertial Planned Ejection (ASSWIPE) system?? Reduces unsprung mass as speed increases. :biggrin:

Dang! Poor guy.

Can't wait to see how this thread progresses or should I say digresses..LOL

I feel bad stirring the pot on this topic, but the video is just too funny to resist.

And yes, it could have happened to any car, even an NSX, but it happened to an RX-7.

For the record, I like the FD and have never disparaged it on this site or any other.

Good think he set the parking brake...wouldn't want it to roll away. Doh!

Oh man that is sooooo funn7!! lmf'nao...How do explain that!! How embarassing.

I have a friend that I auto-x with and he has severe a.d.d. sometimes he sets his car up to that!

I could find a photo of your NSX. Can you direct me to the thread that have one? Before I got my NSX I found one black efini but I guess the owner is not planning on selling it.
Black...? What a thread bump. Are you considering a RX7? :)

I laughed more at this comment LOL :biggrin:

Hahaha :tongue: :tongue:

I could find a photo of your NSX. Can you direct me to the thread that have one? Before I got my NSX I found one black efini but I guess the owner is not planning on selling it.

I don't have one atm. Looking for one, stock low mileage 1991 berlina. I am looking at two potential cars :)

motivatorrotary.jpg

motivator980051e1072c9037da6ce5fba2.jpg

627_must5.jpg

Just jokes, I love the RX-7... :D

Actually that question I was asking towards BATMANs. Since he owns one I was wondering if he actually have the NSX. Most of the threads he was showing the photos of his RX7 I have yet to see one of his NSX. Actually a friend of mine had his RX7 burn to crisp right in the middle of the our town. He then bought an S2000 and may consider an NSX in the future.
I don't have one atm. Looking for one, stock low mileage 1991 berlina. I am looking at two potential cars :)

Actually that question I was asking towards BATMANs. Since he owns one I was wondering if he actually have the NSX. Most of the threads he was showing the photos of his RX7 I have yet to see one of his NSX. Actually a friend of mine had his RX7 burn to crisp right in the middle of the our town. He then bought an S2000 and may consider an NSX in the future.

I can vouch for BATMANs having a Berlina Black NSX, because I loaned him a set of spare wheels for it. :biggrin: I think I also may have a picture or two of his car from Concorso, so even though he may seem like a troll at times, he's cool.:wink:

Otto

I do have an NSX.

Go in the North West section and ask them.

Otto would be an example. I'm using his rear wheels/tires since he was nice enough to loan them to me while I wait for my RP03 wheels to be finished with the powder coating.

Wheels will be ready end of week and next week I shall order the tires.

My FD is dialed in after soo many miles on them.

It's not breaking or blowing up, hence why I still have it. I wish it would catch on fire or someone would steal it. No one will touch one that is modded and all black...... might belong to some gangster you know.

I get more door dings in the NSX than I do in the FD. And considering the difference in total miles and time of ownership, that's alot for the NSX.

People must be afraid or respect the FD more for not opening their doors on my FD.

But I will have to part with the FD for either a 05-06 Goat or FX45.

There's something to be said about a V-8 in low end punch that even the NSX Vtec can't touch.

I can vouch for BATMANs having a Berlina Black NSX, because I loaned him a set of spare wheels for it. :biggrin: I think I also may have a picture or two of his car from Concorso, so even though he may seem like a troll at times, he's cool.:wink:

Otto

Dam, u beat me to the post.

thanks.

Of course they will say that I must be a Valet and trolling around in a NSX..... ;)

Could have happened to any car, this one just happens to be a Rx-7.
+1

It looks like he forgot to tighten the lug nuts. I highly doubt all 20 wheel studs mysteriously broke at the same time.

*The right rear wheel studs were sheared off - probably due to the cornering forces of the wheel acting on the studs when the wheel was coming off.

I wouldn't say that this problem is RX-7 specific. Just careless/overlooked.

+1

It looks like he forgot to tighten the lug nuts. I highly doubt all 20 wheel studs mysteriously broke at the same time.

*The right rear wheel studs were sheared off - probably due to the cornering forces of the wheel acting on the studs when the wheel was coming off.

I wouldn't say that this problem is RX-7 specific. Just careless/overlooked.

From I remember reading about this vid a few months back, the wrong size lugnuts were installed by mistake. :eek:
http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showpost.php?p=18374879&postcount=13

Last edited:
Back