• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

WHY I THINK NSX IS EXOTIC.....

My favorite was while I was waiting at a light and a pedestrian crossing the street was staring at the car for about 10 feet as he walked and when he got to the corner he did a Wayne's World "we're not worthy" bow with both hands. I laughed out loud and didn't know how to respond other than a smile and thumbs up

------------------
91 Blk/Blk daily driver
100K+ miles & still going strong

AKIRA: I acutally live a street up from the Acura dealer (Payton/Cramer Acura)...how bout you? Do you still go to the AMC theater every now and then?
Sivlerone: Have I met you before at one of the NSX meetings at NSX modified?
JACK

i've never been to an nsx meet at nsx modified, i just picked up my car 3 weeks ago, have not had a chance to attend.

i've met a few local guys around OC before i found my car, all so helpful and great people.

All the encounters described in this thread capture the intangible attributes about NSX ownership that are so compelling.

While I have lost count of all the waves/thumbs-ups/adoring looks/compliments on the road and at gas stations, the following stick out in my mind:

1) One gentleman sought me out at a gas station to tell me that his wife asked him to seek me out to ask me about the NSX. "My wife adores your car," he said.

2) An attractive female in her 20s came up to me at Mt. Hamilton observatory parking lot and said, "I like your car." After some small talk she asked if she could hang out with my buddy and I.

3) "I would sleep with anyone who owns that car...," said a female co-worker last year

4) "Can my roomates and I do a bikini photoshoot with your car?", said another female co-worker last year

Somethings as they say are priceless (and beyond performance numbers.)
biggrin.gif

Originally posted by 8000RPM:
All the encounters described in this thread capture the intangible attributes about NSX ownership that are so compelling.

biggrin.gif

Exactly!! Thats why I didn't just get a vette. When i'm asked why I didn't get a vette and save some money, I answer "there's more to a car than accelleration".

------------------
keep the shiny side up
MikeC 01 #46

the we're not worthy thing reminds me of the nsx poker rally a few weeks ago while my group of 8 went through a very twisty mountainside area. there was a park ranger outside his truck standing on the side of the road doing the we're not worthy over and over as we all drove by. it's so much fun
smile.gif

8000RPM,
Where do you work, man. I'll send my resume right over!!! ;-D

------------------
Biaggi
92 Red NSX #483
94 CBR900RR

Here in Las Vegas everyone knew what my Ferrari was and no one knows what this nsx is, funny reading your responses because it is the identicle thing i get also, and yes, of course the nsx is an exotic.

My recent experience since my new ownership.

On the street:
This kid (about 10 years old) and his older sister are sitting outside In n Out burgers and i drive away. The kid continues to stare at the car and all the while, ketchup dribbles down his shirt with him being completely oblivious to what is going on. I sense a future NSXPRIME member.

At work:
My boss saw me drive off from work and approaches me the next day. Asks me if that was my car?? I tell him its a loaner from the Acura dealer while my integra is being repaired...haha

Back