• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Why is a good NSX so hard to find?

...dents and dings...

Honestly speaking, how many used car have you seen that has no dents or dings? If it has had history with dents and dings, and repaired, it would most likely have a paint job, then what is a buyer going to think? It has a paint job done and most likely from an accident. Unless pictures were available to proof damage. This is a tough call as when I sold my nsx, it was MINT, and the buyer later complaint that it has a little parking lot ding, and considered it as 'damage' that would hurt the value of the car. Come on, would a $300 fix fix the buyer's feelings? Tough call.

note* aluminum suffer extremely more severly than steel when it comes to these tight space parking lot damages. unavoidable.

Everyone talks about nice cars in the high 20's low 30's. But finding a mint one with no paint work is not all that easy. I looked at 13 cars, car faxed over 100 prior to my purchase 2 yrs ago. One problem with silver is that its almost impossible to match paint. Many either shoot the whole car, or live with a spot that looks to have been re-done. I almost bought a silver / Ivory lo mi. car earlier this year. But due to repainted front and rear bumper covers, made a lower offer then passed. Really wanted a silver Ivory, but the paint was more important to me than the 35k miles on the clock.

Have cash in hand and be ready to jump. Nice cars don't last long. Others linger on and on............ If you have mid 30's hold out for a 94.:biggrin:
The ability to find a clean coupe will only get more dificult going forward.
So check every day with cash in hand. Try and be the 1st caller and 1st to see the car.
Good luck!

If you have mid 30's hold out for a 94.:biggrin:
The ability to find a clean coupe will only get more dificult going forward.
So check every day with cash in hand. Try and be the 1st caller and 1st to see the car.
Good luck!

Do you mean a 95? It looks like 91-94 are almost identical and the big change came in 95 with the targa.

Do you mean a 95? It looks like 91-94 are almost identical and the big change came in 95 with the targa.

I think they added power steering in 94 and plus it was out of snap ring range.

I spoke to a customer today that found a mint 1992 in white, with only 21k miles! He got it for $35k.

I think he got VERY lucky. Not one mod on the car at all. Untouched.

I've been looking on and off for almost 6 months now for a clean, unmodified, reasonable mileage 91-94 NSX and am having such a hard time. I'm willing to spend mid-30's. I prefer red or silver, not a black hard to keep clean car. It seems like every car I find has something wrong with it, mileage, unwanted mods, bad paint or repaint, dents and dings, many owners, etc.

Where is the best source to find a clean garage queen type car? It seems like there are a good number of NSX's trading hands, but mostly newer or well used older ones.

what you think about this rx7 fan

6 Photos $29,999 39,559 mi.1991 Acura NSX
Red, 2 door, Coupe, MANUAL, 3.0L V6, Stock# S46051A.
Dealer: Apple Ford Of Shakopee (Shakopee, MN ~12 mi. away)
800-737-0514 Email DealerGet a CARFAX Record Check Click for Specials

therehas been a red/black '91 one owner 32k mi listed $31,995 in latest dupont regristry believe was completely original 5sp.

6 Photos $29,999 39,559 mi.1991 Acura NSX
Red, 2 door, Coupe, MANUAL, 3.0L V6, Stock# S46051A.
Dealer: Apple Ford Of Shakopee (Shakopee, MN ~12 mi. away)
800-737-0514 Email DealerGet a CARFAX Record Check Click for Specials

Just spoke with the manager, this car has salvage history back in 97 from Pennsylvania.

I do not think they are hard to find as long as you have money and are willing tp pay for a pristine car. The problem seems to be that a lot of younger people (I am not saying this is you) want a pristine car at salvaged, high mileage, re-painted prices and when they don't find that car in their neighborhood they think they can't find one. Be patient, expand your search beyond your geographical area and you will likely find the car that is right for you. Took me a year and it was a nation-wide search.

I found an awesome car on this site...picked it up Friday from my new friend Larry....got a great price as well and all the factory OEM stuff he removed was included and in mint condition...much like the car. It was black with Ivory and you could eat off the engine. No dents, dings and the paint was as glossy as a new car in a showroom. I was VERY LUCKY...as he took a loss to sell it to me because he knew I would take care of his baby. This car was literally his baby!! Thanks Larry!:smile: :smile: :smile:

I found an awesome car on this site...picked it up Friday from my new friend Larry....got a great price as well and all the factory OEM stuff he removed was included and in mint condition...much like the car. It was black with Ivory and you could eat off the engine. No dents, dings and the paint was as glossy as a new car in a showroom. I was VERY LUCKY...as he took a loss to sell it to me because he knew I would take care of his baby. This car was literally his baby!! Thanks Larry!:smile: :smile: :smile:

Got any pics???

Back