• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Widebody wheel offset (need some info here)

Hello Guys,

Just wanted to see if anyone knows what wheel offset should be used for the Nsx WideBody kit. I was thinking of using 19" rear and 18" front. I believe the original offset is 55 front and 65 rear.

It depends on the width of the wheels. For comparison, we use 17x8.0 +12, 18x10.0 +15 for our wide body kits. If you're interested in some wheels, holler: [email protected]

Regards,
-- Chris

------------------
Revolutionize your NSX with ScienceofSpeed

www.ScienceofSpeed.com | [email protected] | 877-863-4520

Marga Hills body kit but I dont really like the rear fenders...was thinking of getting the comptech but they wont sell just the rear fenders.

Originally posted by ScienceofSpeed:
It depends on the width of the wheels. For comparison, we use 17x8.0 +12, 18x10.0 +15 for our wide body kits. If you're interested in some wheels, holler: [email protected]

Regards,
-- Chris

Using at the front 18 x 7 and 19 x 8.5 at the rear

Regards,
-- Chris

Marga Hills body kit but I dont really like the rear fenders...was thinking of getting the comptech but they wont sell just the rear fenders.

Originally posted by pronto3000:
If you tell me which body kit do you have I will let you know.

Enrique

Is there a rear wide fender that would fit the margahills kit and its nice and round not edgy and boxy??

Regards,
-- Chris

you'd want to run at least 8inch wide front and 10inch wide rear for any widebodykit, otherwise your NSX is going to look like a Costco shopping cart. Offset should be around 30-ish for 8 and 10inch width wheels.

------------------
G Dummy~

if you think I'm selling my go-fast parts to go back to stock, you are way wrong my friend
wink.gif

[This message has been edited by maomaonsx (edited 18 July 2002).]

Isnt the stock offset at the front vs the rear different from each other?

What would be the actual difference between stock fender and wide fender?

thanks

Originally posted by maomaonsx:
you'd want to run at least 8inch wide front and 10inch wide rear for any widebodykit, otherwise your NSX is going to look like a Costco shopping cart. Offset should be around 30-ish for 8 and 10inch width wheels.

Have you considered the TAITEC wide rear fenders?
http://www.scienceofspeed.com/products/exterior_performance_products/NSX/TAITEC/JGTC_wide_fenders/

The Marga and TAITEC fenders are 30mm wider than stock. 30 offset will have the wheel too tucked under the fender.

The Marga Hills rear fenders are ok quality, however, the lines around the filler door are not as nice as the ones on the TAITEC fenders.

The H&R hub adaptors work great for wide body NSX as the 30mm spacer can be used with wheels that would otherwise fit a stock fender car.

Regards,
-- Chris

------------------

Thanks for the response. I am planning to buy the kit from you, but Im thinking of picking up the rims from SSR in Japan. www.speedstar.co.jp click on collection then click on ii its the Agle Minerva 19 back 18 front maybe you can shed some light for me (click on the spec tab), but I want a big dish as possible. Thanks again for your help

Have you considered the TAITEC wide rear fenders?
http://www.scienceofspeed.com/products/exterior_performance_products/NSX/TAI TEC/JGTC_wide_fenders/

The Marga and TAITEC fenders are 30mm wider than stock. 30 offset will have the wheel too tucked under the fender.

The Marga Hills rear fenders are ok quality, however, the lines around the filler door are not as nice as the ones on the TAITEC fenders.

The H&R hub adaptors work great for wide body NSX as the 30mm spacer can be used with wheels that would otherwise fit a stock fender car.

Regards,
-- Chris

Originally posted by pok8rok8:
I believe the original offset is 55 front and 65 rear.

No, it's 55 and 60, as you can find in the "Wheel Tech" section of the NSX FAQ (answers to Frequently Asked Questions).

Originally posted by pok8rok8:
Isnt the stock offset at the front vs the rear different from each other?

Yes.

[/B]

I used to run the Marga Hills wide front fenders with 8inch wide wheels and +38 offset. It did not look tucked in at all. It could use another 5~10mm out which brings me to conclude that an 8inch wide wheel with 30-ish offset would work perfectly. Anything more than that would ensure the destruction of the front fenders by the wheels when the front suspension is in full compression.

aar.sized.jpg

17x8inch rims with +38 offset.

------------------
G Dummy~

if you think I'm selling my go-fast parts to go back to stock, you are way wrong my friend
wink.gif

[This message has been edited by maomaonsx (edited 19 July 2002).]

Yes, but you are using 245 wide tires which flex out quite a bit on a 8.0" wheel. 12+ offset results in the wheel being exactly 32mm out from the position of the same wheel on a stock body NSX. This offset for the wheels we sell have worked out great on the 3 wide body NSX so far. Remember, your wheels rub really bad on the stock fender under compression, so they aren't the best starting point for comparison. I think wheel's same width and offset vary slightly from make to make based on differences I've seen.

-- Chris

------------------

[This message has been edited by ScienceofSpeed (edited 19 July 2002).]

so let me get this straight since the fender difference is 30mm. I should add that to the existing offset(original) which is 60mm at the rear and 55 at the front. Now making it 30 on the rear and 25 at the front? would i still need spacers for this offset?

I hope im making some sense, if not sorry

Yes, but you are using 245 wide tires which flex out quite a bit on a 8.0" wheel. 12+ offset results in the wheel being exactly 32mm out from the position of the same wheel on a stock body NSX. This offset for the wheels we sell have worked out great on the 3 wide body NSX so far. Remember, your wheels rub really bad on the stock fender under compression, so they aren't the best starting point for comparison. I think wheel's same width and offset vary slightly from make to make based on differences I've seen.

-- Chris

[This message has been edited by pok8rok8 (edited 19 July 2002).]

The OEM offset and wheel width sticks the wheels too far in the fender well for my taste. Most aftermarket wheels for the NSX have slightly lower offset in order to make them flush in the fender well.

Offset is dependent on wheel width (so a 17x8.0 and 17.7.0 wheels both with a 45+ offset will be place differently in the fender well.

Read this for an FYI: http://www.tirerack.com/wheels/tech/offset.htm

Nifty offset calculator from Mark Sink: http://toy4two.home.mindspring.com/offset.html

Regards,
-- Chris

------------------

Chris@SoS said:

Regards,
-- Chris

------------------

My front fenders are 40mm wider, so what offset would I use on an 8" or 8.5" rim :confused:

The +15 offset on a 10" wide rim will be the correct offset on Taitec fenders...right :confused:

1TITENSX said:
My front fenders are 40mm wider, so what offset would I use on an 8" or 8.5" rim :confused:

The +15 offset on a 10" wide rim will be the correct offset on Taitec fenders...right :confused:

We have the same front fender (Sorcery), I have 18x8.5 TE37 wheels. The offset for the front I use is +22. Hope that helps.

Back