• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Will '02 Mesh Side Intake Inserts Fit Other Years?

I noticed on the new '02 models that Acura has replaced the black slotted inserts in the side air intakes with mesh grills. Any idea if these will fit my '96 (purely for looks)?

TIA!

They should fit. I believe the Zanardi edition also had black mesh side grills

Originally posted by jsmernoff:
I noticed on the new '02 models that Acura has replaced the black slotted inserts in the side air intakes with mesh grills. Any idea if these will fit my '96 (purely for looks)?

TIA!

------------------
acrmotorsports_1681_33419

www.acrmotorsports.com

Originally posted by ACR_Motorsports:
They should fit. I believe the Zanardi edition also had black mesh side grills

Has anyone attempted to add their mesh grills to their side vents. It is described in the DIY section...just wanted to see how long it took and if anyone has pictures available.

Funny, I just saw some carbon fiber inserts here...

Not that I advocate anything other than keeping it stock, you understand.
biggrin.gif

Originally posted by khuezee:
Has anyone attempted to add their mesh grills to their side vents. It is described in the DIY section...just wanted to see how long it took and if anyone has pictures available.

Hi khuezee,
I have the mest grills on my side vents, as well as the mesh engine cover. I think it makes the car look much better. I'll try to post pics when I can.

J.

Hi khuezee,
I have the mest grills on my side vents, as well as the mesh engine cover. I think it makes the car look much better. I'll try to post pics when I can.

J.

The mesh gives the car a "tuner" look in my opinion. I did this to my car to coordinate with the mesh on my Marga Hills sideskirts. I personally like the look alot and it was a low budget upgrade. The mesh came from Home Depot and it took about an 45 minutes to do each side.

Originally posted by TampaBayNSX-R:
The mesh gives the car a "tuner" look in my opinion. I did this to my car to coordinate with the mesh on my Marga Hills sideskirts. I personally like the look alot and it was a low budget upgrade.
I agree... I had the Gruppe M side intakes (carbon fiber with black mesh -- MUCH lighter than the OE aluminum intakes), and later matched these with the mesh-covered ducts on my Wings West side skirts.

Looks great IMO.

Does anyone have a closeup pic of an actual Zanardi intake?

------------------
Russ
'91 black/black

Jim,

NICE mod!!! Now I know what it will look like on my black NSX.

By the way, this is completely off topic as a whole, since it concerns wheels. Does anyone know the difference between stock seven spoke 94-96 vs. 97-01 wheels? I heard and see a slight difference, but I didnt know whether it was all in my head...

[This message has been edited by khuezee (edited 08 August 2002).]

Does anyone know the difference between stock seven spoke 94-96 vs. 97-01 wheels?

The size and shape are identical, but the finish is different. The 1994-96 wheels are painted a color named "Solaris Silver" which is really a dark, gunmetal gray. The 1997-01 wheels look like they have a clearcoat over bare metal - polished but not smooth, like a brushed aluminum look to them, which Acura calls "Blades Silver".

The wheels are also available painted Grand Prix White.

Originally posted by nsxtasy:
The size and shape are identical, but the finish is different. The 1994-96 wheels are painted a color named "Solaris Silver" which is really a dark, gunmetal gray. The 1997-01 wheels look like they have a clearcoat over bare metal - polished but not smooth, like a brushed aluminum look to them, which Acura calls "Blades Silver".

The wheels are also available painted Grand Prix White.

Thanks ken. always acurate with the 411.

Originally posted by Jim:
zanardi_insert.jpg

Sorry for the crappy pic. I have to get a better camera one of these days.

Nice. I bet a carbon fiber Cantrell AIS showing through it would look sweet!

------------------
Russ
'91 black/black

You can also achieve the same effect with the GruppeM or Marga Hills side vents. They come with the mesh. You'll also have a few lbs with the carbon fiber unit, and I suspect they are less expensive than the stock stamped aluminum parts.

Regards,
-- Chris

------------------
Revolutionize your NSX with ScienceofSpeed
www.ScienceofSpeed.com | [email protected] | 877-863-4520

I went to a local metal fabrication place, spent $5.00 for 3/4"x1/4' expanded aluminum, got a can of grey spray paint and added "intakes" to my green NSX in about 2 hours (total shopping and replacement time). Yep, I'm cheap but I'll bet you can't tell them from the "real" (expensive) ones.

Back