• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Will 04 suspension fit on my 91?

yes

ok, then i should buy the shocks and spring combos then.
Has anyone done this and how have you found the ride.
I heard from Larry B that perhaps the ride would be a little softer which is good for my daily driver on our shitty roads.
The sway bars I really probably don't need and would just add to shipping to me way up here. Unless you think I should take them and they will also fit.
Thanks
Trev

ok, then i should buy the shocks and spring combos then.
Has anyone done this and how have you found the ride.
I heard from Larry B that perhaps the ride would be a little softer which is good for my daily driver on our shitty roads.
The sway bars I really probably don't need and would just add to shipping to me way up here. Unless you think I should take them and they will also fit.
Thanks
Trev

You have a coupe. I would look at a Zinardi suspension if I was going all Acura parts. The NSX-T suspension is for a slightly heavier car and was apparently softened to accommodate the NSX-T's lower rigidity.

I have Bilstein/Eibach setup and love it. No more harsh then stock. You can keep your stock springs (they don't wear out) and you will be at stock height. You really can't beat Bilsteins IMHO.

Good luck to you / take care...

He wants to go softer and you are recommending Zinardi??!:confused:

fffffanman I would do the sway bars as well. They are different than what is on your car now.

Your springs and sway bars are fine. They don't wear out.

That leaves your shocks. I have driven Zanardi, coupes, and NSX-Ts.

I didn't find the Zanardi any more hostile over rough services then a standard coupe. I have heard that the NSX-R suspension is brutal over rough surfaces but have not experienced it one way or another.

I still assert that the rising rate valving of Bilstein shocks handle better then stock without sacrificing any ride comfort. Why don't you email some NSX vendors to get their opinion?

PS: If Larry B disagrees with any part of this statement I withdraw my comments! :)

Hey Trev,I have Bilsteins,stock springs and comptech sway bars. I think the car handles excellent on our shitty roads.Come and take it for a spin.

Your springs and sway bars are fine. They don't wear out.

Well... this is only true to a certain extent. They don't wear out QUICKLY. But they do change over time. Springs do actually lose some of their "spring" over time.

I have bought the set up and its on its way there.
I thanks all for you input and the seller as well.
Will post the results once I get the package, get my car back, get my lift.........
Trev
p.s. This set up has about 8000 miles on it so that like new compared to what I have for age and miles.

I have bought the set up and its on its way there.
I thanks all for you input and the seller as well.
Will post the results once I get the package, get my car back, get my lift.........
Trev
p.s. This set up has about 8000 miles on it so that like new compared to what I have for age and miles.

I will allow to come over and use my lift and all my nice shiny tools to install your suspension pieces...

Not until you sweep your driveway, will I come over there again.
Besides, my scissor lift will do the job on this one and i do own a couple pair of pliers. What more can one master mechanic want???
Trev

Ok, so finally I get around to doing the rear shocks and will do the fronts this weekend.
I found the Rears to be 1/2" shorter than the 91 stock set up.
I had to reuse my 91 tops on these shocks and springs and everything fit like it was suppose to.
I see the ride height between the 91 and 04 show the 91 higher back and equal height in the front.
We will see how it is on the ground.
Also installed the Zanardi rear sway bar the right side up for now.
I will leave the front stock 04 sway off since my 91 looks thicker.
Trev

Front: 170-180 mm (6.7-7.1 in)
Rear: 213-223 mm (8.4-8.9 in)

1997-2001:
Front: 170-180 mm (6.7-7.1 in)
Rear: 213-223 mm (8.4-8.9 in)

2002-2005:
Front: 170-175 mm (6.7-6.9 in)
Rear: 208-213 mm (8.2-8.4 in)

Front measured from ground to center of lower control arm bolt.
Rear measured from ground to center of toe control arm bolt.
Stock tire sizes at 33 PSI front and 40 PSI rear.

Attachments

• 04ShocksOn91-1_resize.JPG
    04ShocksOn91-1_resize.JPG
    47.2 KB · Views: 70
  • 04ShocksOn91-2_resize.JPG
    04ShocksOn91-2_resize.JPG
    58.7 KB · Views: 63
  • 04ShocksOn91-4_resize.JPG
    04ShocksOn91-4_resize.JPG
    46 KB · Views: 60
Rears have been working fine and finally installed the fronts.
Wow, what a nice difference in ride comfort.
Have not noticed any softer mushier feel though so that is good.
Rear seems stiff and car control seems to be the same.
Here is the link for the front install I did a little DIY.
Trev
Oh, ride height to underside of fenders, aluminum painted part, not plastic liner is 25" high in front and 26.75" high in the rear.
Trev
http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=114597

Rears have been working fine and finally installed the fronts.
Wow, what a nice difference in ride comfort.
Have not noticed any softer mushier feel though so that is good.
Rear seems stiff and car control seems to be the same.
Here is the link for the front install I did a little DIY.
Trev
Oh, ride height to underside of fenders, aluminum painted part, not plastic liner is 25" high in front and 26.75" high in the rear.
Trev
http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=114597
You are just a DIY kind of guy.And Im not just talking about the bed room.

Back