• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Will a S2000 antenna fit the NSX

Does anyone know if a S2000 antenna will fit the NSX? just curious.... I wish they would have did away with the antenna and just put it in the back window like the accords....

------------------
Biaggi
92 NSX #483
94 CBR900RR

Biaggi,

I agree that would solve one problem, but I have a 1998 Accord EX with the antenna in the window, USELESS reception!!!!!!!!!!!!

LarryB

Originally posted by Biaggi:
I wish they would have did away with the antenna and just put it in the back window like the accords....

Uh... they did.

The NSX sound system includes a "diversity" feature for the antenna. There are two antennas - the veins in the top third of the back window are one*, and the mast that extends from the rear fender is the other one. The radio compares the signals from the two antennas and selects the stronger one to use.

*Only the veins in the bottom two thirds of the back window are the defroster. They made them all look the same, the defroster veins and the radio antenna veins.

Are you absolutly sure on this.........where did you get your info.

>>Are you absolutly sure on this.........where did you get your info.

If you are asking about the diversity antenna feature it can be found in that rarest of items - the owner's manual.

Originally posted by nsxtasy:
Uh... they did.

The NSX sound system includes a "diversity" feature for the antenna. There are two antennas - the veins in the top third of the back window are one*, and the mast that extends from the rear fender is the other one. The radio compares the signals from the two antennas and selects the stronger one to use.

*Only the veins in the bottom two thirds of the back window are the defroster. They made them all look the same, the defroster veins and the radio antenna veins.

On the Accord Coupes they don't have a mast antenna but only the window antenna. The Accord Sedan has either the mast only or both. At least this was the case for the 94-97 Accords.

The diversity antenna is the same like on my Legend. What I have found is that it really depends on the area you live in . In my area, I can get all the stations I listen to most of the time. When I get near the mountains I loose reception on some of the weaker stations. I used the window antenna for years in that manner. Personally, I would just try disconnecting the mast antenna and see if the radio reception is acceptable in your area for your satisfaction. If so, good.

Does anyone know if the S2000 antenna, or one like it, will fit? That huge OEM antenna is way out of place and breaks too easily.

BTW, the diversity system is real (have it on my Nissan Maxima as well). The top lines in the rear window are for the antenna.

I think that small antenna looks like this on the NSX:

DREAMZpic8large.jpg

6.1.jpg

1.1.jpg

BUT the more I look at those pics, I'm not too sure if I want that look on the NSX because it looks unbalanced. I wish the stock antenna could just stay down and have a good reception....
smile.gif
(I know that smartenna works only when playing CD's)
Maybe I'm being too picky here but, I like symmetry and balance to a car.... oh well...
Life could be worse...

------------------
Biaggi
92 NSX #483
94 CBR900RR

Good thread, my 97 prelude had it in the rear window as well and it was great so I think i am going to disconect the big one today does anyone know how or were to look in the service manual?

CP:
I disconnected the antenna motor but the signals to my local radio stations were too weak to listen to without static. Just pull back the carpet on the left side of the trunk. There should be 2 or 3 plastic screw tabs that hold the carpet to the inner wall. Once off, you'll see the antenna motor. There is a wire to the left/bottom of the motor that can be unclipped (this powers the motor to extend and retract). Try it out and see if your radio sounds decent.

Good luck!

------------------
Biaggi
92 NSX #483
94 CBR900RR

Back