• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Will i be stuck with the NSX for life...

If you think mechanical work on an NSX is $$$, wait until you get a Ferrari. I was looking at one of these for $22k:

Ferrari%20308%20GT4%20P1%202.jpg

I opened the glove box and found a receipt for the transaxle rebuild...$18k :eek:

Needless to say, I'm not buying any Ferrari that isn't under factory warranty.

factory warranty isn't going to save you at all.... 2 years/unlimited miles, but just imagine what they'll say when you bring it in for something not having been up on the (extremely expensive) maintenance. :biggrin:

just think of it this way..... the enzo's 6k mile (yes, 6k) maintenance is like 32,000 bucks. if you went in @ 7k to get it checked for a funny noise, you think they'd look at it if you didn't do the maintenance with ferrari?

this is the reason why some prime members are stuck paying ~300 bucks for an oil change on their other choice vehicles :wink:

Just read on another forum

You have three options on a car
1.Fast
2.Cheap
3. Reliable
You can only pick 2

This really makes a lot of sense.

That's an old rule of thumb that applies to anything, it's not car specific. I use that expression with my investors all the time when it comes to software development :). "Give me every feature we've asked for (and it should all work correctly), we need it in a month, and we don't want to hire any additional help". Yeah... right....

Are you guys getting the new Nissan GT-R? There's also the forthcoming Lexus LF-A which I've read has a 9000RPM redline.
http://www.autoblog.com/2007/12/28/lexus-lf-a-unseats-porsche-gt2-as-king-of-the-ring/

But of course neither of those are available today if you're ready to buy now.

Last edited:
7500$ for the 30K service for my F355 :biggrin:

luck i can do it myself but parts alone is 2000$:frown:

"stuck" .... im sure we can find a better word to discribe your siutation.

i would personally mod the nsx more. a turbo charger will bring the nsx upto date.

I know I will be with my NSX for life...:)

+1 While I peek at upgrading to an F-Car or something like a used Lambo now and then. I keep going back to the NSX reliability and comparative cost of ownership if something were to break.

Back