• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Windshield Replacement - OEM Glass No Longer Available.

Windscreen replacement

Also, the glass now days is usually Pilkington or another Brand X brand and it, after a short amount of time, will be kind of like sandblasted from the small specks of road dirt and heavy dust and will, at the right angle you can see the effect of poor quality coating on the glass and be blasted and look like shit.
Just be sure you ge a good quality brand glass.
The OEM glass is almost impossible to get and Geico will only give $330 for replacement and OEM is $1810 before all the spacers and clips are added.
I’m changing insurance companies because they WILL NOT replace mine with OEM glass and mine came with OEM glass and that’s what I want reinstalled cause that’s is what was damaged.

Cheers
nigel

/\
Insurance companies typically go with the most cost effective parts. You might want to check to see if they offer OEM parts into your policy.

Glass

Their cost effective and my OE glass are two completely things as far as I’m concerned. I insured the OE glass and that’s what I want as a replacement !

Cheers
nigel

Their cost effective and my OE glass are two completely things as far as I’m concerned. I insured the OE glass and that’s what I want as a replacement !

Cheers
nigel

I would link your installer to the Japan-based Honda parts sites. The OEM blue glass is still available. Shipping is going to be $$$$$, but you should be able to get it. That's my plan if I ever crack my glass. The question is how hard do you want to fight your insurance company?

Windscreen replacement

Thanks, I talked to Tim at OEMAcuraparts and there is 1 glass left in North America up in Canada and it’s $200 just for shipping plus the clips and seals.
I have already done the fight with the insurance company and their view is “ WE WILL ONLY GIVE YOU $330 for the replacement and stop trying”. This is why I’m looking for another insurance company that won’t cost an arm and a leg for a car that only gets driven infrequently and will stand behind what they advertise about their coverage.
It sux.

Cheers
nigel

Last edited:
try mine...westfield Ins Co. they are in Ohio..

On a related note, it seems like the little button that you attach your mirror with has been discontinued as well? No-one has been able to find me a part number so I can order it (along with a new mirror) after a previous owner filled it with epoxy to accomodate a monster Gentech mirror. If anyone has one, or knows where to get one, please PM me.

Look at the bug in the left lower corner of your windshield. I believe yours was a Fuyao. Beautiful glass as I recall.

yes very sexy....

I heard good and bad things about safelite. I don't know if I should take my chance with them.

1800 is hard to swallow for OEM, and I will likely kill myself if it cracks again. Are OEM glass stronger? I have aftermarket right now and the glass developed a crank by itself from the bottom.

Are some aftermarket glass better than others?

Back