• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Windshield Replacement - OEM Glass No Longer Available.

Does anyone know if the NA2 and NA1 windshields are interchangeable?

Bumping this old thread to see if anyone knows for sure.
The next Post in the thread, from mwagner10702 said the following-
"You could assume NO as they have different part numbers:

NA1 = 73111-SL0-506
NA2 = 73111-SL0-A02"

When I look at the changes by year, it shows a change in the 97 windshield which deals with the reflectivity of the glass basically. This makes me think they might be physically interchangeable. The reason this is of interest is that the older windshield is discontinued, and the newer one somewhat surprisingly is still available. I had a rock chip on my 95, and it was repairable with the bullseye method, but it was a pretty big chip so it's pretty noticeable, and of course is in the field of vision. I've been working with a reputable glass shop around here, and they don't show any aftermarket availability of a windshield for my 95, except for one from a company that they acknowledge having problems with. So if I could get a good comfort level that the later OEM windshield fits my earlier car, I might go with it

Last edited:
Bumping this old thread to see if anyone knows for sure.
The next Post in the thread, from mwagner10702 said the following-
"You could assume NO as they have different part numbers:

NA1 = 73111-SL0-506
NA2 = 73111-SL0-A02"

When I look at the changes by year, it shows a change in the 97 windshield which deals with the reflectivity of the glass basically. This makes me think they might be physically interchangeable. The reason this is of interest is that the older windshield is discontinued, and the newer one somewhat surprisingly is still available. I had a rock chip on my 95, and it was repairable with the bullseye method, but it was a pretty big chip so it's pretty noticeable, and of course is in the field of vision. I've been working with a reputable glass shop around here, and they don't show any aftermarket availability of a windshield for my 95, except for one from a company that they acknowledge having problems with. So if I could get a good comfort level that the later OEM windshield fits my earlier car, I might go with it

My understanding is that the 97+ glass will fit 91-96 and that the only change was the use of solar-reflecting "green glass" in the newer model. [MENTION=25737]Kaz-kzukNA1[/MENTION] may know more.

Ok, understood and thanks for the info. Other than Safe-lite , anyone knows offhand who has the Vin Notch windscreen in stock?

My glass was replaced at some point in the car's life and the replacement brand is Pilkington and it has the VIN window. Maybe give them a call and see if they still make this version of the glass and if so who they supply to?

https://www.pilkington.com/en/us/contacts/automotive

Or see if you can get a letter from your local dealer that the 97+ glass is a P/N replacement for the early glass and give that to your insurance company and get them to buy you the OEM glass.

I got a nasty rock chip driving last weekend so I'm praying I can get it filled with the bullseye otherwise I'll be in the same boat you are.

I also had a Pilkington windshield which I needed to replace last year. Unfortunately they were NLA and I had to settle for a Made in China brand that didn't have the cutout for the VIN. It was cheap (~$100) and clear so no real complaints. Beggars can't be choosers I guess.

I had Safelite replace my 91's glass in 2013 or 2014. They used all OEM glass and parts ordered from Acura. I like the idea about getting the dealer to confirm the 97+ glass.

If I get my Windshield replaced with my tiny 50$ deductible from insurance, will they also order & replace the seals with OEM from an Acura dealer? Is that a common thing?

I'll have to speak to my insurance.

If I get my Windshield replaced with my tiny 50$ deductible from insurance, will they also order & replace the seals with OEM from an Acura dealer? Is that a common thing?

I'll have to speak to my insurance.

I have Amica insurance and, in 2013 or 14, when I had to replace my glass, they covered all of the parts needed to install the new one: yellow clips, all top seal pieces and even the rubber seal under the glass, which Safelite ended up not needing to use. Safelite ordered it all and called me when it was all in at the shop.

*edit* - I provided Safelite with the parts list to make sure they ordered everything.

Last edited:
I have Amica insurance and, in 2013 or 14, when I had to replace my glass, they covered all of the parts needed to install the new one: yellow clips, all top seal pieces and even the rubber seal under the glass, which Safelite ended up not needing to use. Safelite ordered it all and called me when it was all in at the shop.

*edit* - I provided Safelite with the parts list to make sure they ordered everything.
Do you have the parts list of everything you ordered?

Do you have the parts list of everything you ordered?

This is the list Safelite ordered for my 1991 in addition to the windshield, which was genuine Acura glass. Just a note- they did not end up using all the parts. The installer said they order the spacers and rubber dams just in case they are damaged on removal. If they are not damaged, you can re-use them. They re-used them on my car.

73152-SL0-013 Fastener, FR. Windshield (UPPER)
73151-SL0-023 Molding, FR. Windshield (UPPER)
73126-SL0-000 Spacer, FR. Windshield (2 required)
73124-SL0-000 Rubber, FR. Windshield Dam (A)
73125-SL0-305 Rubber B, FR. Windshield Dam
74207-SL0-000 Clip, FR. Windshield (LOWER) (8 required)

Do you replace it recently? How much was it and did u have the vin cut out window?
Thanks

This is the list Safelite ordered for my 1991 in addition to the windshield, which was genuine Acura glass. Just a note- they did not end up using all the parts. The installer said they order the spacers and rubber dams just in case they are damaged on removal. If they are not damaged, you can re-use them. They re-used them on my car.

Do you replace it recently? How much was it and did u have the vin cut out window?
Thanks

This was in 2013 or 2014. Insurance paid for it all, but I think it was close to $2,000 because they used Acura OEM glass (which has the VIN cutout).

Just get the aftermarket. You can't tell the difference other than the missing cutout. Beggars can't be choosers. Plus it's easy on the wallet.

Some states require the VIN to be visible through the windshield so he may need to find a windshield with the cut out depending on his local laws.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I called Safelite and windshield replacement does not come with OEM moldings and any of the misc. parts mentioned in the thread. They said it will come with aftermarket moldings. (not surprised) Are any of these parts necessary for the windshield replacement or they can be reused if the condition is good? The only two parts I see that is good to have during the installation are the upper fasteners and the molding. have anyone replace windshield using without buy new moldings and clips, etc?

I called Safelite and windshield replacement does not come with OEM moldings and any of the misc. parts mentioned in the thread. They said it will come with aftermarket moldings. (not surprised) Are any of these parts necessary for the windshield replacement or they can be reused if the condition is good? The only two parts I see that is good to have during the installation are the upper fasteners and the molding. have anyone replace windshield using without buy new moldings and clips, etc?

You will need these:

The first two are the upper trim pieces- these must be removed to get the glass out and once they're out, they're kind of ruined. The lower 8 clips can technically be re-used but often the plastic is brittle and breaks. It's just good practice to buy new ones. I ordered all of the other parts you listed when I had my glass done and they were not used during the service.

The two top moldings are just black plastic, not specifically berlina black.

I just had my windshield replaced at Safelite - they were the only shop that could get the glass that I could find.. They did a fine job, they didn't use any of the OEM parts I supplied with the glass except for the top moldings and cowl clips so I could have saved myself $80 or so not buying the rubber dam pieces. I also removed the cowl, headliner, and A pillar pieces before taking it in to make the job easier and reduce the risk of damage to these parts.

I would suggest no one ever use Safelite for any car they care about. On my car I had an installer lie on their inspection report that there was rust and then proceed to crack my dashboard. It was a sloppy install and they never made it right. I reported them to the BAR and the BBB.

I use local glass/window company that is a preferred automotive insurance installer...

Back