• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Wings West Front Lip

Okay, here's a post...

Just put on the Wings West front lip - looks really good on the car! Much better than stock. Made of Urethane.. excellent quality and came already prepped to paint.

I'm very happy.

I'll take pics later. I saw some pics on the web but it didn't really show the lip too well. I have yet to see any other aftermarket lips on cars in person but from pics that I've seen, this lip looks much much nicer than the RM or Dali lip.

I have to watch how I go up and down driveways because I have about 4.5 - 6 inches of ground clearance up front and the lip extends out quite a bit more than stock.

(I have Eibachs on the car.)

The body shop painted the urethane piece and installed it with double-sided tape with a a couple screws in the fender wells to hold it in place.

The piece comes ready to paint and prepped for paint so you do have to paint it. If you're not used to being careful up and down driveways and speedbumpers, be careful!

Just saw the pics Bigwave posted of the WW front lip. Awesome look! Okay, how much, where do I order, how long is delivery, is it shipped primed black? And, practically, how long do you really expect it to last. My official Acura driveway scraper is good for about 3 or 4 "spirited" drives (and one thoughtless driveway encounter) before I'm ready for a replacement.

I have one of these on order. Bigwave's looks awesome. I can't wait to get mine! MSRP for front lip is $299 on Wings West site (wingswest.com), but you should be able to get one much less than that. If anyone needs this item, send me an email ([email protected]) and I'll see if the guys I got mine from will give the same deal again.

I have the Wings West full body kit installed including the Commando wing and it can be pre-painted at Wings West before they ship it. Have had the front air dam on for almost a year and it looks great and is very durable.

Thanks for all the comments guys. Here's my experience with the WW kit.

I ordered everything painted from WW (rear splitter, front dam, side skirts). I was skeptical about having WW paint the kit, but they did an excellent job, and it matched perfectly, as you can see by the pictures. I had the install done at a local body shop place that does kits for Porsches, vipers and Ferraris. The only fitting problem was with the rear splitters which need to be tweaked to fit perfectly. There's a little bit of overlap in the rear splitters, but it's not noticable unless you look very closely or wash that part of the car. I told WW about this and they might work on a better splitter. As an added benefit, I noticed that the bigger rear splitters reduce the cockpit sounds of the RM racing exhaust until you step on the gas.

I'm going to post a better picture of the rear splitters b/c I think it gives the rear of the car a more robust look. IMO the rear is too thin, and the splitters make it look more square, ala F-40ish look.

The kit cost me $1345 painted. I ordered it from Knute at the zoofactory.net ([email protected]) and it shipped within three weeks after my order. The install cost me about $800 which is expensive, but I wanted to have a top notch shop do the work.

http://www.ememories.com/pf/default.asp?PF=94A19589AE92A3&PFR=540296

If you have any questions, shoot me an email at [email protected].

Cheers,

Bigwave

Mr. Hartanto, I just installed my Wings West front lip. The factory bra does not fit as the WW lip extends forward several inches more than the factory chin spoiler. It's probably the best $350 (painted) I'll ever spent to improve the looks of the NSX.

Click here for a pic

HEY GUYS
I HAD THE WINGS WEST SIDESKIRTS PUT ON MY 95 BLK TWO WEEKS AGO. I LOVE IT!IT LOOKS LIKE IT CAME WITH THE CAR HAS A LITTLE 355 LOOK TO IT. I ALSO CHANGED MY SIDE VENTS TO THE SAME ALUMINUM MESH THAT CAME WITH THE SIDE SKIRTS. I THINK IT LOOKS AWESOME.I HAVE TO THANK DAVE N'S NSXTACY WEBSITE FOR THE IDEA IT MATCHES PERFECT WASNT TO HARD TO DO EITHER. THANKS FOR THE PICTURES OF THE REAR SPLITTERS I MAY ORDER THEM ALSO!!
I MIGHT PUT THE FRONT AIR DAM ON FROM EREBUNI CORP. I'M NOT SURE CAUSE I SCRAPE THE SH@t OUT OF MY STOCK ONE. NICE NEW YORK ROADS AND DRIVEWAYS!!!
TAKE IT EASY!
PAUL M 95 BLK RM INTAKE RSR EXHAUST WW SIDES
DAVIS RACING CLUTCH (WHAT NEXT?)

I'd like to do the side air vents with the same mesh as well. Can you tell me where you bought the mesh and how you matched the color of the WW side skirts?

Paul M. If you are having trouble scraping your factory air dam I would consider the Wings West front air dam before the Erubuni one because the WW one is made from urethane and the Erubuni from fiberglass.

If you really want to improve the looks of your NSX, get the Comptech body kit. I have it on my car and it is amazing. Also allows for 335s in the back, the same size as Viper tires.

The Comptech kit is very a very unified design. It was developed by someone who works at Honda's SoCal design studio and looks like what the factory should be building now. The other kits look so 'glued on.'

[This message has been edited by David (edited 12 March 2000).]

Seems like alot of people have installed the Wings West front lip, therefore is there a particular distributor that's providing the best price on this or am I better off ordering directly and paying retail.

I don't need it painted by Wings West since my NSX is in the body shop getting repaired and the whole front end will be repainted anyways.

I've bought a few wings west products for friends and we've gone through impactparts.com and they've given us great deals so you can try them. Thats where I got my air dam from. Thats also where I'll be ordering the rest of my kit too.

Originally posted by Bigwave:

I'd like to do the side air vents with the same mesh as well. Can you tell me where you bought the mesh and how you matched the color of the WW side skirts?

Bigwave,
There are four cars in the Florida chapter that have done the full WW kit. Conveniently enough, you can find the aluminum mesh to replace your oem louvers @ any home improvement store...IE Home Depot or Lowe's. It's actually the screening used to keep leaves from clogging the downspouts in a home gutter system. All you need are some tin snips and you can cut a piece to shape using the original pieces as a template. Allow about 3/4 of an inch overlap. The oem pieces are held in by a couple of small screws. You can use these to help hold the screens in place. Piece of cake and really looks great!

Back