• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Winter Sucks!!

Went out to the barn today to check on the cars that are in Winter hibernation... all's well, but I was lamenting that we've got at least 8 more weeks before the snow/sand/salt are sufficiently off the roads (here in MA, anyway) before it's safe to drive the cars....ARRRRG!!!!:frown:

I did sit in the NSX, and a couple others, and that only made it worse :mad:
Maybe will have an early Spring??:rolleyes:

-Wick

sorry but the groundhog saw his shadow..:frown:

I took mine out for a short drive a day after the heavy rains (which washed away the salt) at the end of last month. It only takes a few seconds on the road to remind me why I bought the car 10 years ago.:biggrin:

Of course then I put it back in the garage before last weekend's snow. Unless we get a sudden warm spell, it will remain in the garage on the float charger for a while.:frown:

We need to have some sort of e-sundance ceremony for warmer temps and a cleansing rain so I can drive it to the "Holiday Dinner" on March 6. :wink: Any ideas?

Attached below is what I did to solve the winter duldrums problem, I got me a 996tt...Put on a set of Blizzaks on the AWD and the problem is solved and I can DD it...it ain't an X but it is the next best thing and I don't care if it gets salt on it as it is only a P-car, a dime a dozen...

The X is and will remain in hibernation until spring but honestly I just couldn't take driving an SUV anymore and missed the X so much, that I got this as a pacifier.

Tytus

Attachments

• 2010-01-27 IPhone 005.jpg
    2010-01-27 IPhone 005.jpg
    79.7 KB · Views: 74
Tytus,

Looks like the only thing I'll be driving tomorrow is Igor, my pet 7hp 2-stage snowblower. :mad: Without Igor's help, nothing gets up my driveway.

WOW! Way to go Tytus. That's some daily driver. Nice DD ride and ......a 4x4 no less. You gonna put a Thule rack on the roof for your foot sleds?
Congrats!

Congrats Tytus! Well done.

So is my snow shoveling artistic or autistic?
786098706_MoEQK-M.jpg

WOW! Way to go Tytus. That's some daily driver. Nice DD ride and ......a 4x4 no less. You gonna put a Thule rack on the roof for your foot sleds?
Congrats!

Thanks for the Kudos guys, I am really stoked about the car and it really handles great in the snow. As far as I know you can't get a Thule for the 996tt as it has special P-car roof mounts and I doubt I will be willing to pay P-car prices for a rack, I will use the suburban for skiing.

Thanks again,

Tytus

It means, you are awfully bored and need to get that NSX out in the driveway. :biggrin:

This is the result of CABIN FEVER...in one day; short attention span.

Tytus

Tytus,

I suppose you could buy a generic ski rack and use double-sided tape to hold it on. :biggrin::eek::biggrin: After all you said
it ain't an X but it is the next best thing and I don't care if it gets salt on it as it is only a P-car, a dime a dozen...

But seriously, enjoy your new "snow plow". I assume this means, schedule permitting, you'll be at the NE Holiday Party regardless of the weather?

Last edited:
How did this become a Tytus thread?????:confused:

Winter still sucks... and, I do like his "winter-beater"!!:smile:

-Wick

Wick, so I was with the guys at Veloz Media (Miguel and Baer) and I guess they bought your trailer and truck? Pretty cool trailer, I stored my gear in there many times at NHMS.

I feel your pain. I'm half ready to get in my car and move to a different state. This does suck. My NSX has DUST on it!!!

Are you doing any events this year? Other than stealing my trophies at car shows?

that driveway is what happens when you marry a landscape architect:tongue:

hey Dude
We're not married yet! What to you see what I have him doing once that happens.

Bob feel free to supply appropriate pictures at this point. I'm thinking something Carol Brunett-ish with the mop and bucket. Ah shi* - I really just dated myself didn't I?

For Wick

Winter does suck! I did just pick up my beautifully painted (thank you Joe!)and freshly re-rotared NSX with newly painted calipers last Saturday from Larry. Who new Larry could paint so well. Better watch out Joe, he'll be taking away all your business.:biggrin:

Unfortunately Larry advised I drive home like an old lady since the tires were less then fresh. Wasn't the easiest since I haven't been in the car for over a month . . . so I followed The Don home. :eek:

Let's see those crop circles in your backyard. :biggrin:

hey Dude
We're not married yet! What to you see what I have him doing once that happens.

Bob feel free to supply appropriate pictures at this point. I'm thinking something Carol Brunett-ish with the mop and bucket. Ah shi* - I really just dated myself didn't I?

Limited ability to add photos right now. Just about over new jersey and will be landing in about 25 minutes.

And if you get tired dating yourself i will date you poohkie....

Wick, so I was with the guys at Veloz Media (Miguel and Baer) and I guess they bought your trailer and truck? Pretty cool trailer, I stored my gear in there many times at NHMS.

I feel your pain. I'm half ready to get in my car and move to a different state. This does suck. My NSX has DUST on it!!!

Are you doing any events this year? Other than stealing my trophies at car shows?

Yep... Miguel and I essentially traded trailers, and, he then needed my dually truck to pull that 40' gooseneck...so, I sold him that too!! I was simply down-sizing trailers, as I'm not doing many "driver's schools" with my wife anymore... so a one car 20' trailer would do, as we figured we could just share a car! The bonus was, I then had to buy a new truck!!!:smile:

I only did one track event last year at WGI... maybe I'll do a couple this year, if I don't sell my track car first!! I haven't done a track event in the NSX since the early 2000s, but have been to many, many BMWCCA events with my M5. I've been more focused on Concours events these past two years, after finishing the 4 year restoration of my '73 BMW 2002. Getting old I guess :eek:

Hope to see you in the Spring or Summer... perhaps at Kimball's on one of their Thursday night car shows!!??

-Wick

Back