• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Winter Tire Size Question

I'm driving my NC1 during the winter and I understand the stock sizes are 245/35R19 and 305/30R20s. However, I have a friend giving me a free set of brand new Michelin Alpin 4s with the following sizing:

255/35R19
295/30R20

Will I be okay on the stock rims?

You'd be going one size smaller in the rear and one bigger in the front. So a double disparity. With the electric motors driving the front axle, not sure if the computers are programmed for specific wheel/tire diameters. I personally wouldn't do it.

Well in the past on my 911's the standard tire size was 305 and 295 was common on the rears for snow. You want a narrower tire.

I'm more so wondering about rim width

Yes thanks for the replies as my tire dealer said no issues fitting these sizes onto the stock OEM wheels.

Now ready for winter!

Yes thanks for the replies as my tire dealer said no issues fitting these sizes onto the stock OEM wheels.

Now ready for winter!
FWIW I ran all seasons one size smaller on my GT-R and the ATTESA-ETS AWD system was still happy. I think you'll be fine unless the SH-AWD is really finicky.

I have a set from my NC1 in OEM sizes available if you are still looking for tires. More than happy to work out shipping.

Back