• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Winterizing the NSX

I am looking at shutting my car down from Mid November till March. Is there anything special I should do to winterize my car for the period fo time? I am most concerned about the battery and it weakening over the time frame. I would disconnect, but will that mess up any of the settings in the car? Someone told me to disconnect the negative terminal and that would solve both issues. I never heard of that. Any advice will be appreciated.

Do some research on a Battery Tender that will keep your battery charged during the winter. It produces a small trickle charge. I would probably put some fuel stabilizer in the fuel tank and fill it up.

Found a useful thread for you...
http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=25353

Last edited:
Do some research on a Battery Tender that will keep your battery charged during the winter. It produces a small trickle charge. I would probably put some fuel stabilizer in the fuel tank and fill it up.

Found a useful thread for you...
http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=25353

for a fuel stabilizer, check this out.. it might help.

http://www.priproducts.com/

They sell it at WESTMARINE.

PRI-G is a super concentrated, complete fuel treatment that improves all types of gasoline blends, including reformulated gasoline and ethanol blended gasoline, enabling your fuel to perform to maximum potential.

PRI-G also contains no harmful alcohol, conforming to engine manufacturers' requirements for gasoline stability treatment for E-10.

PRI-G’s industrial strength, enhanced thermal stability chemistry reacts with fuel upon contact, and provides multiple benefits:
• Engines perform better and last longer
• Engine power increased
• Fuel efficiency of 8% plus
• Fuel stays fresh months, even years
• Hesitation, knocking, and pinging reduced

sparkplug.gif (513 bytes)Improved Engine Performance – PRI-G works chemically within all gasoline to improve the combustion process. Improved combustion means improved engine performance. You will realize increased power from your engine. At the same time, you will enjoy greater fuel economy. PRI-G reduces the hesitation, knocking, and pinging that is common in gasoline engines. It is also extremely effective at cutting harmful emissions. Smog tests are no longer a challenge.

Reduced Maintenance Costs – PRI-G’s proprietary, refinery-grade chemistry is unsurpassed at preventing carbon deposits and fuel system fouling. Your engine will remain cleaner and last longer, which means maintenance costs are significantly reduced. Keep your car, boat, or RV in great shape for years to come!

Extended Storage Life – Properly treated with PRI-G, your gasoline will stay fresh in storage for months and even years at a time. You’ll be assured a fast start next season simply by treating your fuel with PRI-G prior to storage. PRI-G goes a step further, actually restoring old fuel to refinery-fresh conditions. If you are storing gasoline for any period of time, you can’t afford to be without PRI-G.

Super Concentrated – PRI-G is super concentrated, treating fuel at a 1:2,000 ratio. This means PRI-G is extremely cost effective to use. Get the most out of your gasoline for only pennies a gallon!

Back