• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Work Equips or Volk GT-Cs??

For my money, the Equips look better, but the more important question is are you using the stock front brake calipers?

Come to think of it, shouldn't this thread be in the Tires & Wheels section?

I can change the front brake calipers if need be. You think the Equips if the front calipers are changed??

...and yes this probably should be in wheel section. ... sorry a little new to site.

phillyt said:
I can change the front brake calipers if need be. You think the Equips if the front calipers are changed??

...and yes this probably should be in wheel section. ... sorry a little new to site.

Actually, if you go with the Equips, I think you won't be able to find the proper offset for the front wheels (which are probably going to be the 17-inch version) if you are planning to change, or have already changed, to one of the aftermarket big brake kits. I've got Brembos on the front of my car and it's given me endless frustration in trying to find a new set of wheels for my car. :(

Equips will work with stock calipers or the Tarox will also accommodate. Anything bigger, forget it. Volks will afford better options for bigger brakes, but if you have no design on this, then the Works will work (oh ... very punny!)
But I think you should get the Volks - much more common & I'd hate to have another one looking like mine! :)

Last edited:
I have a used set of the Work Equips 17/18 for sale. And I did check the front wheels with the Stoptech wheel fitment template. It barely clears, so you might need to run a 2-5mm spacer to accomodate for flexing in the caliper mounting bracket.

phillyt said:

phillyt said:
I've narrowed down to these two and need to make a decision. Which wheels look better in your opinion?? Work Equips or Volk GT-C

Both are nice I think you can get a better deal on the Volks though...I just custom ordered a set up to three months for delivery here is a shot of them not on my car though.

Last edited:
Lazarus said:
Actually, if you go with the Equips, I think you won't be able to find the proper offset for the front wheels (which are probably going to be the 17-inch version) if you are planning to change, or have already changed, to one of the aftermarket big brake kits. I've got Brembos on the front of my car and it's given me endless frustration in trying to find a new set of wheels for my car. :(

Hey Lazarus,
Since your right in Hong Kong and have a BBK on your X do you have any buddies that own a Import Parts and Rim Shop? You could try a few Rims on your front to see if they fit over your BBK and send us the info so we dont have to guess with a Template meaning which Brand and offset will work or not. :D

Steven Spanbauer said:
Hey Lazarus,
Since your right in Hong Kong and have a BBK on your X do you have any buddies that own a Import Parts and Rim Shop? You could try a few Rims on your front to see if they fit over your BBK and send us the info so we dont have to guess with a Template meaning which Brand and offset will work or not. :D

Steven> I'll see what I can do. Since I'm looking around for new wheels anyway, anything that I find that'll definitely fit over the BBKs I'll let you guys know. One wheel I know for sure that WILL fit, of course, are the AVS Model 7 Limited Versions that I've currently got on my car. I too would love to get a set of Work Equips, but don't want Ken to say that I'm a copycat. :D

Sounds good since there are a few of us trying to purchase Rims that will fit the Stoptech BBK without a Spacer.:D

D'Ecosse said:
But I think you should get the Volks - much more common & I'd hate to have another one looking like mine! :)
Yeah, just like D'Ecosse says. I'd also suggest the Volks. ;) They make a quality wheel. You won't be disappointed.

Lazarus said:
I too would love to get a set of Work Equips, but don't want Ken to say that I'm a copycat. :D
Well, as you know I also have the Advans David - I tried to sell them to Steven but he keeps looking for something else that will fit! :D
The Works will never work with those brakes I'm afraid - Although I think that there might be another special version for bigger brakes but not sure how it will look - I'll ask the Works importer - he's currently rebuilding my rims after the tire shop marked them up while I was getting my tires replaced.

Back