• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Would you choose the NSX or the GTR?

NSX or GTR?

• NSX

Votes: 60 60.0%
  • GTR

Votes: 40 40.0%

• Total voters
I think the GTR is an amazing car. It has ALL of the features that most car enthusiast want!
Fast, AWD, Twin Turbo, electronic controls for all critical features of the car, looks great.
Weight wise, it's "dissapointing" compared to the NSX, but it's reasonable for an AWD car.
I'm sure there are weight reduction mods to go down 100 lbs.. maybe more.

I think I'd have a lot of fun in this, I'd buy one with the NSX..

Last edited:
is this car really putting out that much power and those impressive numbers for only 70k??????????? if so, I might have to get one in 09'

It has ALL of the features that most car enthusiast want!
Fast, AWD, Twin Turbo, electronic controls for all critical features of the car, looks great.

I consider myself quite an enthusiast but I really dont want AWD, Turbo and any electronics (xcept maybe ABS) in my car :)

GTR, all the way. The NSX is beautiful (in a classic, nostalgic sort of way) but, in my mind, has been eclipsed several times over.

I see the GTR as direct competition to the 997 Turbo, which has taken on a pseudo GT/raw sports car personality. I can see it fulfilling both roles (though not a perfect GT like the Aston Martin DB9/DBS).

The NSX is still great when compared to its contemporaries (F348, even F355), though, and has its place in car history (I love them, still). Honestly, the used NSX is a great bargain.

I feel the NSX should be compared more to the Cayman S than even a 996/997 Turbo or the new GTR.

GTR, all the way. The NSX is beautiful (in a classic, nostalgic sort of way) but, in my mind, has been eclipsed several times over.

I see the GTR as direct competition to the 997 Turbo, which has taken on a pseudo GT/raw sports car personality. I can see it fulfilling both roles (though not a perfect GT like the Aston Martin DB9/DBS).

The NSX is still great when compared to its contemporaries (F348, even F355), though, and has its place in car history (I love them, still). Honestly, the used NSX is a great bargain.

I feel the NSX should be compared more to the Cayman S than even a 996/997 Turbo or the new GTR.

Ditto on that.

While I may never own a GT-R, I respect it for what it is...lets all hope this spurs Honda into bringing us a new NSX someday (at least one that is worthy of the original!)

Making of the GT-R

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/mIh0WwFvEuI&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/mIh0WwFvEuI&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

Your "scenario" really got me thinking this morning as I comtemplated your idea on the cars. Once you get the daily out of the way, say a 2008 Accord 4-door, then the other car becomes your play "toy" so family and weather climate becomes "less" of a factor.

The AWD of the GTR is tempting if you live in the midwest/east cost since I would never drive the NSX in snow but that plays only a small part.

I've always loved the NSX since it's Intro days and still have yet to own one. There are TONS of cars that are faster, handle better, looks better but after 15+ years, the car still looks pretty good from the outside.

The gauges, steering wheel, lack of a decent stereo, bluetooth, etc does get me thinking sometimes but none of those are problems that can't be cured by the aftermarket industry! Gotta luv that aspect and so that makes my choice easy....

The GTR is fast, new, got technology packed in there but it will get old IMO once the initial "new car" feeling goes away. There are plenty of fast cars to pick from and I would never BUY an automatic car for my weekend toy based ony your scenario. If I had an auto 4-door Accord then my other car had better be a manual.

So no thanks for the GTR, I'll take a white NSX for myself please! :)

rick

GTR, but only if I had a high tech super secure garage... I think this car will be a major theft target :)

I like it some days, other days I don't... The more hp is the only thing that tempts me, but I'm young and dumb so what do I know.

I agree
Can you say Integra Type R type crime all over again?

I don't think that will be the case. Like the NSX, most/many parts on the GT-R are GT-R specific and the used parts market will be fairly small. The ITR is such a high theft target because almost every single compenent can be considered an upgarde for the millions of civics and integras around the world. The age group of the market is important too, GT-R/NSX owners are more careful/less willing to save a buck or two to buy a potentially stolen part.

Integra Type R's aren't stolen that often over here, most people overlook them as a souped up Civic. But boy, if you have a M-car from BMW or a RS... Bye bye car if you're not looking... They'll strip it down - take out interior, gadgets (speaker systems, navigation), wheels, engine ($$$), gearbox etc. and leave the car somewhere in no mans land to be found days later... Big parts business. That's why NSX is relative safe (except from joy riders), no NSX parts hysteria at all because of small honest owners group and you bet if it gets stolen in the land of saloons, wagons and trucks, it will be spotted in an instant.

But on topic again, I'd go with low milage 996 Turbo instead, drop it, mean Techart front on, RUF wheels, GT2 seats, basic 550 hp without engine rebuild mod's and I'm set. They are everywhere, but those vehicles just turn my buttons right just a tad more than the GTR. I can't imagine the Porsche not giving as much sheer driving pleasure as the Nissan.

Thanks PVMike and DrVolkl for the video! I'm getting one. You need to call the larger Nissan dealers if you want one, smaller dealers will not be getting one. Even for large Nissan Dealers, it's only one per dealer, as per say 1500 per year release... I got all the 411 on this car, VIP hee hee... if not, always call call up Zim at Topline, he got all the hook ups for me. :wink: As for which to get, I don't really want to compare the two since they are both very different class of cars! For the next gen NSX, they say it's going to be out in 2010 (hopefully)... but in the mean time the current NSX is nothing compared to the new Skyline (SUPERCAR). The new Nissan GTR is a GT car (MSRP $70K) Bargin compare to the current NSX!!! 480 HP 433 Torque, dam, Viper Killer, 3.5 sec 0-60, all weather supercar, wow, I'm smiling..... Instrument panel designed in colaboration with Sony Gran Turismo Video Game studios (So if you are a Gran Turismo freak, you are in heaven!). The rep at the show could not comfirm the four colors, but from DrVolkl's video, I can say it's SILVER/WHITE/BLUE/BLACK! (The blue one is mine! :p )

We won't know what Acura will come up with by 2009 (Auto Show) to impress us all, from the 2008 brochure, it shows a top and side view of it, and I say it's ugly! the should of just went ahead with the HSC design instead! Since this is like history repeating it's self, I'm sure Toyota/Lexus is releasing a supercar sometime in the next 3-4 years! (Supra Gen FIVE??? HEE HEE HEE) As for me, I want to buy all of them to add to my collection.

Here are some pictures from SF Auto Show (Taken with my iPhone): BTW, the car that I love best from the show was the Ferrari 599 GTB F1 Fiorano (just waiting for a red one, hee hee if someone is willing to part it)

Happy Holidays everybody!

Sam

Attachments

• IMG_0106.jpg
    IMG_0106.jpg
    65.6 KB · Views: 38
  • IMG_0107.jpg
    IMG_0107.jpg
    71.5 KB · Views: 38
  • IMG_0108.jpg
    IMG_0108.jpg
    64.7 KB · Views: 42
  • IMG_0109.jpg
    IMG_0109.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 38
  • IMG_0111.jpg
    IMG_0111.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 37
Last edited:
I hate to say it, but if I were looking to buy a car today, NSX wouldnt be on that list. The back seats of a new PTurbo, M6, or GTR are becoming important to me with a 3 and 5 YO who often want to go in different directions and only space to house 2 cars (no room for a lift).

Selling the NSX for one of those cars is something entirely different though.

Im going to reserve judgement on the GTR. The M6 does not excite me, nor does the Pturbo, but the GTR may. Im luke warm on the looks as it looks like a Nisstang, obviously all hot and bothered about the performance, but Im loving the idea of AWD and backseats and having something to tear around with all year thats probably fun as hell but is cheap, too.

Looking good to me so far but giving up the beauty queen that rocks my schizoks for a stripper who cooks and cleans all day may not be a great trade.

Looking good to me so far but giving up the beauty queen that rocks my schizoks for a stripper who cooks and cleans all day may not be a great trade.

Are these the analogies you have to resort to once you are married?

Back