• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Would you sell your Turbo NSX to get a Nissan R35 GTR??

This thread title should really read: would you sell you turbo'ed NSX for R8 V10 or F430 or smth along those lines.
Bingo. Irrespective of drivetrain technology & performance, the remainder of the package is today's modern version of the Ford Edsel. FUGLY. Something only a mother could love. The NSX is timeless in its styling. The GTR won't carry the same feelings even for today's diehard owners in another 15+ years. By then it will be just a bloated looking Evo.

Last edited:
Haha....someone's math is a bit fuzzy if they think an 05' NSX sale will get them even close to the purchase price of a new R8 or clean F430
Nobody says it must be straight swap. Where is fun in that?

The thing is: if one has emotional connection with car X one should get car X. Simple as that. There are many cars faster, good looking etc etc
for one c63 amg, take M3, C6 Z06 - great driver's cars. All of them. All under 50k with very low miles. But I would not take any for NA2.

I was just looking at R8 at C&C; Awesome car. Especially with no roof. I look at it as modern NSX really. Great engine. Great drivetrain. Great styling etc etc. But.. I have never dreamed about R8.. and for 100k.. the car I have dreamed about though is new Viper GTS. Which is in many minds is much "shittier" engineering etc. But when I look at Viper and imagine driving it brings much more emotions and desire. Now talk about how fast GTR is :)

Last edited:
not in a million years. GT-R = boxy, big clunky. NSX = sleek, timeless, sexy

Haha....someone's math is a bit fuzzy if they think an 05' NSX sale will get them even close to the purchase price of a new R8 or clean F430

I guess you are referring to my post calling my math fuzzy? This is what I said: I've spent well more than GTR money on my NSX... I am into the new R8 and very clean F430 area.

What part of that is hard to believe? Even if I had said "my car sale will get me close", which is a different statement, it is not that far off. I recently took a long look at the parts list that I have and what I can reallistically sell them for. I also checked market value on an 05 NSX with the mileage that is on mine. The sale of the car and all the parts is right in the area of what an R8 can be had for and just under what you can get an F430 for by about 15-20K. It's project creep. And I am not the only one.

New R8 8cyl money is $126,00 before you add one option, a F430 ranges from low end $100k all the way to $200k so should we say $125k for a low mile clean one from 04' or 05' is reasonable? A 14' base model GTR before options is $100k. What do you think all the money for a clean 05' NSX is?......$65-70k???........so I don't know....do you have $55-60k in bolt ons to your car?

I love cars that connect me with the experience of driving.
The NSX is the best street car I've ever driven that does exactly that.
Isn't the GTR at the other end of the spectrum ?

.so I don't know....do you have $55-60k in bolt ons to your car?

Yes, I do. I said "I am INTO my NSX for more than used F430 money". Why would I lie about it? It was a statement that was part of my thoughts towards a swap, one that seemed relevant, that is why I made it. It really isn't that relevant to this topic anymore is it? I think there is a list of my mods on a thread and there are two yet uninstalled items that are 30K alone. So its well above 55-60 actually.

what mod you have thats 30k dave? badasss lol

me personally i wouldnt trade my04 nsx for a gtr . i would trade a 92 turbo nsx tho, haha

It's two mods to total that. I will post when installed. I will just say no one has done this to an NSX before.

I've never been as emotionally attached to a car as I am this car. It's weird. I almost sold a few times too. I just can't do it.

are you still gonna be supercharged or turbo n0w . sorry for the off topic but Dave got me wondering lol

The R35 GTR is just too plain looking and many non-car people see it as another nissan on the road.
On the other hand the NSX is timeless that even a non-car person can see it's something special.
If it were a R34 GTR, then its a whole different story. Too bad we can't import this beauty right now.

It's two mods to total that. I will post when installed. I will just say no one has done this to an NSX before.

.bags of cocaine as ballast....

If it were a R34 GTR, then its a whole different story. Too bad we can't import this beauty right now.
This styling is more plain than the R35. As for importing, why can't you import? There are as many of these on the road around her in Calgary as cha chi'd Civics. Have been able to import them for the past 4 almost 5 years. Almost to the point of killing the fad.

This styling is more plain than the R35. As for importing, why can't you import? There are as many of these on the road around her in Calgary as cha chi'd Civics. Have been able to import them for the past 4 almost 5 years. Almost to the point of killing the fad.

I'm sorry buddy but you're in a whole different country than the good old USA. Please enlighten me when you successfully bring a R34 GTR into the states and register it. The only Japanese import we can register are cars more than 25yrs old.

As for the styling, its more subjective but to me and many of my friends, it looks like a riced up infiniti G37. As for the R34 the lines are more classy and more in line with many of the previous Skyline generations. The one Skyline I would love to get my hands on is the original C10 hakosuka GTR Skyline. Now that is one beautiful skyline!

Biggie, i believe in the US, you can't import until the car is 25 years old. The R34, especially the nismo edition looks awesome, and IMO, better looking than the R35 in a different way.

15 years is the requirement here in Canada. That applies to all cars not made in the US and covered under NAFTA. Can't get any UK or European spec rides here until after that date either. As for the R34 - there's a half dozen for sale in Calgary alone right now. You guys hold these cars like gods, when in actual fact seeing them in person are crap. Sure they can be made to go fast with a host of bolt on and modifing parts, but they are still crap. Used to be just as many riced out 300ZX's in this part of the world which thankfully have lost their appeal as the fad moves on. Appeal comes and goes with the age of the driver here. As the late teen early 20's guy with disposable cash grows up, so does the desire to drive in a classier and more stylish ride.

Last edited:
Back