• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

wow... just wow ('92 with only 11k miles)

Got the engine wrong.

Looks like it came out of a time machine. :eek: My favorite color combo, too. :biggrin:

Too bad I just don't have a spare 40G lying around... :rolleyes:

Assuming no "issues", it's still going to need a TB. How do you only put 11 - 12 K miles on in 16 years?

I personally think red is the best of any color for first gen NSX with black roofs. It looks very classy and original.

I believe there are lots of sub 15k mi. 91-92's out there.
Looked at 2 under 15k mi prior to my 94 purchase with "now" 62k.
Great for a collector, but a non issue for a driver IMO.
Would rather save $10k and buy a 60-70k mi. car.

I personally think red is the best of any color for first gen NSX with black roofs. It looks very classy and original.

+1

Also once the ABS goes thats $3700 fix at the dealer, not including $3000 for A/C evaporator and with this low miles, all gaskets. Best advice for exotics is to buy a car with records and mild mileage not to low unless its going in storage/collection.

I agree, no thanks on the ultra-low miles for a car I'll actually be driving. The timing belt wasn't designed to last this many years, nor were many various seals. I couldn't enjoy it without at least getting the tb service done immediately.

I bet the exterior is gorgeous though. I do have to say I noticed "never driven in rain" but it appears as if it was raining just before the pictures were taken.. guess I'll take their word for it.

Great find! But assuming the car was purchased new @ $60K, that comes out to approx. $5.45 per mile at 11,000 miles. (Waste of money IMHO.)

Might get more $$$ through a place like Barrett-Jackson where a collector might pay top dollar. Who knows?

Got the engine wrong.

I noticed the 3.2 DOHC VTEC on this 92 NSX also. An individual seller who don't know the details of his NSX.:confused: Definitely warrants some caution. Better safe than money gone.

I called on this car. It is indeed a one owner car, female driven. The seller wasn't knowledgeable about the car as didn't know what a "timing belt" was. The car is on its original timing belt and was serviced at an Acura dealer (has receipts) but no timing belt service, that's for sure. It would cost about $5K (perhaps more) to get everything up to date on this car. She's firm on the price because of the collector value and won't wiggle despite the maintenance it direly needs. Couldn't provide the tranny number as this possibly could be a snap ring car.

Looks like this car was taken care of but the most critical maintenance wasn't.

I agree, no thanks on the ultra-low miles for a car I'll actually be driving. The timing belt wasn't designed to last this many years, nor were many various seals. I couldn't enjoy it without at least getting the tb service done immediately.

I bet the exterior is gorgeous though. I do have to say I noticed "never driven in rain" but it appears as if it was raining just before the pictures were taken.. guess I'll take their word for it.

Excuse me if this question is dumb, but I never could understand , "not driven in the rain." Are exotic cars made of salt and will melt away if rain get on them? Serious???? I choose not to drive my bike or sport cars in the rain, for I know I cant drive them like I want to in the rain and frankly I have other cars--IE, truck, etc....Well I shouldn't....I am in Atlanta, GA where the rain is not that much more harmful then the water we drink. I can assume in a place with heavy pollution and Industrial plants that this might be different.....

Is it fear of water coming into the INTAKE? What is it that makes people list never driven in the rain matters????? Maybe I shouldn't wash mine weekly...LOL...:rolleyes:

Excuse me if this question is dumb, but I never could understand , "not driven in the rain." Are exotic cars made of salt and will melt away if rain get on them? Serious???? I choose not to drive my bike or sport cars in the rain, for I know I cant drive them like I want to in the rain and frankly I have other cars--IE, truck, etc....Well I shouldn't....I am in Atlanta, GA where the rain is not that much more harmful then the water we drink. I can assume in a place with heavy pollution and Industrial plants that this might be different.....

Is it fear of water coming into the INTAKE? What is it that makes people list never driven in the rain matters????? Maybe I shouldn't wash mine weekly...LOL...:rolleyes:

Not a dumb question at all. Saying you don't drive a car in the rain is similar to saying it's always garaged. If the car was let out in the sun sometimes, would it really be noticeable? Probably not. If you truly don't drive a car in the rain, there is good chance the interior [say the carpets where you would put your wet shoes] is in slightly better shape or smells slightly better/newer.
Again, it's just a general way to describe how you treat the car.

They will certainly not be hurt by the rain, although some more 'exotic' cars have known to leak a little during the rain as well, not a factor for the NSX for the most part.

The only machine I've ever owned that I hesitated to drive in the rain was my 300zx twin turbo just because it had a ton of torque and the tires weren't designed to work in the rain too well.

Personally, I love driving in the rain and even riding in the rain if it's not cold.

I called on this car. It is indeed a one owner car, female driven. The seller wasn't knowledgeable about the car as didn't know what a "timing belt" was. The car is on its original timing belt and was serviced at an Acura dealer (has receipts) but no timing belt service, that's for sure. It would cost about $5K (perhaps more) to get everything up to date on this car. She's firm on the price because of the collector value and won't wiggle despite the maintenance it direly needs. Couldn't provide the tranny number as this possibly could be a snap ring car.

Looks like this car was taken care of but the most critical maintenance wasn't.

There is nothing quite like calling up an owner who supposedly considers their car "their baby" but has never even heard of a timing belt. It's always followed quickly with "but it drives amazing and doesn't need anything".

1992 Acura NSX - $42,995

"WOW" i say WOW too, for that price you can get a 97 NA2 with very moderate miles ....
OScar

$43K FIRM...and it needs $5K of maintenance to get up to date? $48K total. I'm sure this one will sell to someone who is looking for that, but for most NSX enthusiasts, this will classify as "pass and move on" (to a NA2 for that price).

Agree, you could find a 91-92 with fewer miles for 48k.
There are examples out there with under 5k mi.:eek:
That might justify the price to a true collector, or they might just say
Zanardi.......:biggrin:

Back