• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Wow!

I've gotten my NSX for about 3 weeks now...but never really took it out for a long ride around town till today. Man, all the attention I got was almost enough to stop traffic. The salesmen at the Honda dealer basically were drooling over the car....asking to see if I want to trade it in.

What a great feeling. I love the car. I know it's just a car, but dammit, it's definitely a man-maching bonding soon to be.

All the people with their mercedes and bmw sport coupes just paused to stare(all people young and old---and those young men with their suped up civics and accords are zooming like they want to race me). It was kinda funny to see that as well.

Well, that's all for now. Thought I'd share my first cruising experience in my 96 NSX-T.

Sounds awesome!

Enjoy the car.

You clearly don't live in the DC Metro area. Bentleys and Ferraris don't even get that much attention!

Congrats on getting all that attention. And yes, sometimes that feels great :smile:

Most attention I get is from young guys, aged 15-25. And it seems they all believe that with a car like that girls will be standing in line to jump in the car with you. Which, unfortunately, is definately NOT true :rolleyes:

It does stabilize my age at a nice 29 years though!! :biggrin: :biggrin:

Other than that, I seem to get a lot of resentment for driving the NSX nowadays. Young guys in leased vehicles trying to race you in stupid places. People who seem to be blaming you because you are driving a high-CO2 level car. Because they think you must be doing something illegal to be driving a car like that. And sometimes colleagues who are just jealous or who are wondering how I can drive a car like that since I am making about the same kind of money.
Fortunately, with most people it works out once we get involved in a conversation.

Very nice slide show on that link you provided. Did you produce it yourself? Well done. (I run a small video production company on the side)

I've gotten my NSX for about 3 weeks now...but never really took it out for a long ride around town till today. Man, all the attention I got was almost enough to stop traffic. The salesmen at the Honda dealer basically were drooling over the car....asking to see if I want to trade it in.

What a great feeling. I love the car. I know it's just a car, but dammit, it's definitely a man-maching bonding soon to be.

All the people with their mercedes and bmw sport coupes just paused to stare(all people young and old---and those young men with their suped up civics and accords are zooming like they want to race me). It was kinda funny to see that as well.

Well, that's all for now. Thought I'd share my first cruising experience in my 96 NSX-T.
LOL at Honda sales people. I currently have the fact. JDM Honda badges on mine and when I go to the dealership for something they're all standing around it scatching their heads. One salesman asked me why does it have Honda emblems, I said: because it's a Honda.:rolleyes:

Thanks everyone! I am glad to have met so many great people here. It's nice to be a part of a group with such passion.

To MisterNSX, the answer is no. I didn't create it. A great financial friend of mine sent it to me...so I thought I'd share it with all of you.

Keep it up guys and zoom on!

Welcome.

One of the funnest moments I remember in my NSX was when my wife and I were just driving around the neighborhood ... it was a beautiful day.

We turned around in a cul de sac ... going real slow, of course, and a little tot (he must have been only 3 or 4) who could barely stand .. was just gaping at the car and pointing, telling his dad to look.

Little boys just seem to love it!

Thanks for the video link as well.

Let's face it the car is a show stopper.

congrats!:biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

Its funny...... I asked my gf what she thought about getting so much attention when she rides in my NSX... she promptly said "What attention?"..... :confused:

I guess women don't really pay much attention to those sorts of things.... Is it just me or are most women, when they are in the car, oblivious to whats going on around them? :confused: (not trying to start a flame war just an observation ;) )

My wife noticed it right away after following me home from work. She spoke to me afterward and told me that so many people turned to look when I drove by. She was behind me. She was checking me out too....LOL.

Bottom line-------I love my NSX. Definitely the best machine I've ever invested it.

Oh what a feeling. That's why you bought an used NSX, because you don't get the same response from a new Corvette.:biggrin:

It is pretty cool!

I have had my '97 NSX-T for about the same amount of time and the attention is a bit weird, but cool. I have a friend that sells exotics and I took it up the dealership for him to see it when I picked it up and there were 4 or 5sales men walking around it checking it out. I wish I had a camera because I was parked among a F430,a Continential GT and a Astin Martin DB9 and all eyes were on the NSX!!

I have always called it a 'poor man's Ferrari', but one that you could use as a daily driver. Wanted one a long time! :biggrin:

Here in Northern California (Marin County) it hardly gets noticed...

That's just fine with me, however.

That's the beauty of owning the NSX :smile: Noticed though, some people would hide their expression due to NSX is the only Jap. exotic car.

Cheer!:biggrin:

Last edited:
I get that too, its like " Wuw, What the heck is that?" Then it gets worst when someone burns rubber on the freeway while going 50mph. I guess driver downshifted and wanted my attention on his / her mustang or cobra.

Congrats on the new toy.
Doesn't it make you feel alive when driving? I love cars and have had the luxury of owning many nice ones... but this NSX is something else.
I feel a bit sad when I am not able to drive it.

Thanks for the vid and post, with 4 kids you are way ahead of most people at the age of 35 and I think that is the BIGGEST accomplishment.

Owning cars is easy compared to raising 4 kids so big kudos there :)

Yes the NSX does seem to attract more attention than most exotics - especially in the bay area where everyone seems to have a Ferrari or Bentley....haha - makes the NSX stand out even more!

My buddy has one and I love being the pass. just to cruise around in such a low position. It's especially noticeable when you pull up at a stoplight next to a 'stang or other so called sports car!

enjoy,
rick

Back