• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Wrecked 99 Viper....Take guesses on just the cost of a hood!

Went to the body shop this morning to have my NSX damage looked at and saw a wrecked 99 Viper. All of the damage was on the front end. I found out the cost of JUST THE HOOD... NOT PAINTED. Lets see who can come the closest. I'll post the cost and results of the winner tonight. GOOD LUCK!

Originally posted by rickro:
Went to the body shop this morning to have my NSX damage looked at and saw a wrecked 99 Viper. All of the damage was on the front end. I found out the cost of JUST THE HOOD... NOT PAINTED. Lets see who can come the closest. I'll post the cost and results of the winner tonight. GOOD LUCK!

I'll take a stab, how about $4250?

About three times the amount of a good driving school where he could have learned how to drive before buying a car like that.

I have to leave for vacation, so I am posting the answer early. Congrads to T.Bolen who came the closest....Even though he was off by 5K. That's right the cost of the hood, unpainted, not installed is 17K. Just a side note. Make sure you insurance company does not have a clause that forces you to use "used" parts. This owners estimated came in at 42K,then the insurance carrier found the used parts on the internet and the second estimate was 20K. T. Bolen...WATCH THAT FRONT END!!

Back