• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

WRX STi 5 door

So guys what do you think about the WRX STi wagon? Anyone here has one or interested in getting one? How's the driving dynamic? Is it fun? Would you buy one? I'm kind of interested :)

Attachments

• subaru_impreza_wrx_sti_s2_08.jpg
    subaru_impreza_wrx_sti_s2_08.jpg
    17.2 KB · Views: 114
Last edited:
I'm kind of in the same boat as you, I like the look of it and think the 5 door looks much more than the sedan version, and I don't see too many of this car on the road.

Can anyone comment on the built quality and material used when compared to the NSX?

My friend had two WRX STis, a 2004 sedan and a 2008 5door. He had issues with both (burning oil, suspension clunking).

The interior (of the 2008) felt a lot like my Mazdaspeed3 or a Toyota Corolla. I couldn't believe it cost over $12,000 more than my Mazda.

I would say, if you don't need the AWD, save $12k and get the Mazdaspeed3 instead. Performance is comparable as well as size and standard features.

But if you must stay with a Subaru, just go with the standard WRX. It's a lot cheaper and performance wise its on par, if not BETTER than the STi. Check out Car & Driver's test:
http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/2009-subaru-impreza-wrx-short-take-road-test

Last edited:
My friend had two WRX STis, a 2004 sedan and a 2008 5door. He had issues with both (burning oil, suspension clunking).

The interior (of the 2008) felt a lot like my Mazdaspeed3 or a Toyota Corolla. I couldn't believe it cost over $12,000 more than my Mazda.

I would say, if you don't need the AWD, save $12k and get the Mazdaspeed3 instead. Performance is comparable as well as size and standard features.

But if you must stay with a Subaru, just go with the standard WRX. It's a lot cheaper and performance wise its on par, if not BETTER than the STi. Check out Car & Driver's test:
http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/2009-subaru-impreza-wrx-short-take-road-test

Thanks! Good information to know. I'll check out the C/D review.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1338070057.990610.jpg

This is the Subi that I am hoping will come out. I've been wanting a AWD wagon and love the potential I see in this concept.

Visited the Subaru dealer today and they didn't even have a STi in stock.

However was able to check out the BRZ. Lots of people at the dealership, I guess it's the Memorial Weekend sale.

Back