• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

WTC movie

This just came out in theaters yesterday. I was a little hesitant to see it but i finally made it to a showing. Very touching film imo. It will leave you with your throat dry and most likely lacking an appetite. It's an emotional film..but i'd recommend it to all..that is a day we should never forget and it's good to get a fresh image of why we are over in iraq right now!

I'm really struggling with this one.

My wife was born and raised in NYC and she has deep roots (4 generations) in NYC. She lost friends on that horrible day and I fear the pain may still be too close to the surface.

I'm no Oliver Stone fan but as I understand the reviews, he's done a great job of not politicizing that horrible day and instead making it a tribute to those innocent victims as well as the heroes who went into the buildings that day and came back to try and rescue victims afterwards. I hope that's the case because the heroes deserve the accolades and I fear that nearly 5-years later the world has become numb to the horror of that day.

IMO, you may or may not agree with the Bush administration's current foreign policy. That's your right and opinion. But I think we should all take a moment, each and every day, to thank all the men and women in uniform (police, fire, Army, Navy, Air Force, Marine, Coast Guard, etc.) who make our life better, our country more secure and our families safe.

Semper Fi!

Back