• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

WTF? Front lip fell off this morning.

My front lip fell off and started dragging this morning... it was hitting my undercarriage right where the motor is... huge dollar signs started flashing through my head because I thought something was seriously screwed up.

When I pulled into my garage at work I saw that it was the lip. The right-most fastener had ripped apart from the car and the center fastener had come undone, probably from hitting driveways, so the whole thing just came off and was hanging out by the left-most fastener.

Thanks.

Falling lip is all too common. If your a member of the NSXCA, give Niello Acura a call. That's where I got mine a few years back. And terms of mounting hardware, any local hardware store will have the speed nuts or whatever they're called. They won't look exactly the same, but the work the same way.

If you bought them from Acura, they'll be pretty expensive. Good luck.

Spinner, thanks for the advice...

Looks like dali racing has the new piece plus all mounting hardware for $150.

Gonna get that :)

Last edited:
FYI the bolts are # 90111-SM4-003 & the nuts on the clips are 90305-SH3-000. There are 13 or 14 in total across the lip. Same nuts & bolts that mount front license plate bracket to inside top of grill opening.

Back