• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Wtf???

you guys will never believe what the real selling price was I was floored

it didn't sell for 5 digits and it didn't sell for 4,3,2,1 digits go the other way with the digits

Sniff.....Sniff.......Sniff...........

sorry but didn't pass my sniff test. No bids at all on fleabay with a $60k price tag and yet someone paid over $100k?

Perhaps the buyer doesn't lower himself (or herself) to look at eBay or Prime classifieds.

At any rate, obviously this buyer did not run across the eBay ad or (s)he would have likely snapped the car up. I can see the price paid. This is a like-new NSX with a lot of very expensive modifications performed with top-tier craftsmanship. While not to our taste (apparently), the price is not unfair. Although the car does need a 300 HP bump to make it truly a " 'Super-car' for this decade."

Perhaps the buyer doesn't lower himself (or herself) to look at eBay or Prime classifieds.

At any rate, obviously this buyer did not run across the eBay ad or (s)he would have likely snapped the car up. I can see the price paid. This is a like-new NSX with a lot of very expensive modifications performed with top-tier craftsmanship. While not to our taste (apparently), the price is not unfair. Although the car does need a 300 HP bump to make it truly a " 'Super-car' for this decade."

If the buyer ran the vin he would have seen it listed on various websites for an asking price of $60k. I find it hard to believe that someone would have the financial ability to drop six figures on this car and yet seemingly not have the ability to do a vin search on it.

If the buyer ran the vin he would have seen it listed on various websites for an asking price of $60k. I find it hard to believe that someone would have the financial ability to drop six figures on this car and yet seemingly not have the ability to do a vin search on it.

If "If's" and "But's" were beer and nuts, every day would be a party. I don't find it hard to believe that someone would have the financial ability to drop six figures on this car yet seemingly not have the desire to bother with looking up the vin on the Internet. The rich are different.

Hands down the UGLIEST NSX I've ever seen.

Edit: The illuminated NSX badge on the door handle... LMAO

Last edited:
Why am I beginning to think that tof is the owner/designer of this poor car???:redface::wink::biggrin:

Last edited:
Timing of the post awfully close to April Fool's Day. I don't care how much money someone has - you don't get rich and stay rich by making dumb purchases and paying six figures for a car that was listed for $60k makes no sense.

And checking cached websites since the fleabay listing expired, I don't see the car listed anywhere for $100k in the recent weeks so exactly how did an Alabama buyer know about a car in florida if he didn't see it on the interweb............

Last edited:
Timing of the post awfully close to April Fool's Day. I don't care how much money someone has - you don't get rich and stay rich but making dumb purchases and paying six figures for a car that was listed for $60k makes no sense.

And checking cached websites since the fleabay listing expired, I don't see the car listed anywhere for $100k in the recent weeks so exactly how did an Alabama buyer know about a car in florida if he didn't see it on the interweb............

Very easily. They're blind :biggrin: :cool:

Timing of the post awfully close to April Fool's Day. I don't care how much money someone has - you don't get rich and stay rich by making dumb purchases and paying six figures for a car that was listed for $60k makes no sense.

No you don't. But you might get rich by inheriting a boatload of money. And you might stay rich if your money is making money faster than you can spend it. Tell me you've never met a rich fool.

Why am I beginning to think that tof is the owner/designer of this poor car???:redface::wink::biggrin:
No, I didn't design the car. I'm more of an OEM type of guy these days. I just get annoyed by those who decide that their sense of taste and style is some kind of scientific law rather than just a relativistic opinion. One can make an objective judgement regarding the quality of work on a project--In this case that work looks to be of very high quality. But one can only subjectively judge styling decisions unless they are just completely outlandish. We used to have a little car club here, mostly for guys who had highly modified cars that were frowned upon by most bystanders. The name of the club was "BWC". Because We Can. The answer we would give when asked "Why did you do that?" ;)

With apologies to any Primers I may be offending. But ugly is in the eye of the beholder.

Agreed - this is turning a bit nasty. Clearly some people enjoy different things than others - a little tolerance isn't a bad thing.

Agreed - this is turning a bit nasty. Clearly some people enjoy different things than others - a little tolerance isn't a bad thing.

Of course the flip side is: we all have the right to express our opinions. It's just that my opinions are more well informed and more accurate than anyone else's. ;)

Well, it's not a handsome car. It took a well designed stock car and made it into a conflicting aggregation of sharp curves meeting gentle curves, tucks and juts, modern and old, strong and weak colors. And while contrasts are wonderful, they don't work here.

That said, if that's what the owner wanted and was willing to pay for, who should deny them? They're driving it - certainly not me.

No you don't. But you might get rich by inheriting a boatload of money. And you might stay rich if your money is making money faster than you can spend it. Tell me you've never met a rich fool.

No, I didn't design the car. I'm more of an OEM type of guy these days. I just get annoyed by those who decide that their sense of taste and style is some kind of scientific law rather than just a relativistic opinion. One can make an objective judgement regarding the quality of work on a project--In this case that work looks to be of very high quality. But one can only subjectively judge styling decisions unless they are just completely outlandish. We used to have a little car club here, mostly for guys who had highly modified cars that were frowned upon by most bystanders. The name of the club was "BWC". Because We Can. The answer we would give when asked "Why did you do that?" ;)

No prob... Just busting balls :biggrin:

I can appreciate all the hard work that went into it... It's just not very appealing at all.... It is a WTF like the OPs title IMO

I like the light up door badges...

Back