• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Yeah well....... I bought another one. NSX #5

Hi everyone. Just wanted to let everyone know that I have purchased another nsx :)

I flew out of Birmingham Friday morning......had a lay over in NC.....then arrived in Miami about 6:30pm. I met the owner, talked a bit, then drove him home. I left his house, stayed in south beach for the night, then started my journey home Saturday. I drove from Miami to Tifton, GA on Saturday where I spent the night (totally dead uninteresting town).......then drove the rest of the way home on Sunday. Having owned a 91 berlina black, a 92 formula red, a 94 brooklands green, and a 98 berlina black, this is my first Grand Prix White car and she is a 92. She is gorgeous and a two owner with the previous owner having her since 1993.

She performed perfectly all 1067 miles I logged. 6k miles ago, she had $5,300 spent on her at the Acura dealership........TB/WP, valve adjustment, full service, clutch, pressure plate, etc. I expect that I'll give her the love she needs, then put her on the market. I've been wanting an 02+ for quiet some time now, so after I sell her and my current C4S, ill be purchasing one.......hopefully an LBBP. Anyways, ill keep everyone updated. Thanks for being such an amazing community.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 341
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    89.5 KB · Views: 298
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    67.8 KB · Views: 241
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 238
Last edited:
congrats and welcome back to the club why keep selling them keep them let them fill your driveway with the best car made.

- - - Updated - - -

I was up to 4 in my driveway then wife started getting mad saying this isnt a used car lot LOL

- - - Updated - - -

now Im down to just 2 :frown:

After owning so many NSX's, I have to ask you, so far which is your favorite color (you've had)?

White, My favorite color NSX.

Where and how do people find these rare gpw nsx's? I mean it amazes me when I see these pop up out of no where, I wish I had some kind of gpw nsx radar! Congrats you will have no problem selling her later.

There was one I was looking at just before I bought my NSX, but after a couple of days the owner just stopped communicating. I don't know whatever happened to the car if it sold or if he decided to keep it.

its the same thing with imola nsx's only a few people know where they are and when they are gonna sell there is imola police and GPW police and it seems there is LBBP police.

Some owners of the rare or desirable colors tend to be Aholes they think there car doesn't stink and they don't need to answer all the bs questions some buyers ask. Others are great.

How many miles on it? Love GPW!!

Wht a beauty. Congrats..

Thanks. It is a great car. Will post under carriage pics tomorrow :)

- - - Updated - - -

congrats and welcome back to the club why keep selling them keep them let them fill your driveway with the best car made.

- - - Updated - - -

I was up to 4 in my driveway then wife started getting mad saying this isnt a used car lot LOL

- - - Updated - - -

now Im down to just 2 :frown:

Hi Shawn. I keep hoping to build up to buy an 02+ :) Ill buy one, keep it awhile, enjoy it, then sell it to eventually get the prize that I want :)

- - - Updated - - -

After owning so many NSX's, I have to ask you, so far which is your favorite color (you've had)?

Well, honestly, the white has quiet the aura about it. My favorite is LBBP but I haven't owned one that color. I have seen a few in person at meets though. Out of the ones I've owned, definitely the white is my favorite color. The 98 is my favorite car that I've owned.

- - - Updated - - -

Where and how do people find these rare gpw nsx's? I mean it amazes me when I see these pop up out of no where, I wish I had some kind of gpw nsx radar! Congrats you will have no problem selling her later.

Thanks. It's a very classic looking color.

- - - Updated - - -

Some owners of the rare or desirable colors tend to be Aholes they think there car doesn't stink and they don't need to answer all the bs questions some buyers ask. Others are great.

Ha ha I understand. This owner was 72 and has owned it since 1993. Very great guy and he actually teared up as it left.

- - - Updated - - -

How many miles on it? Love GPW!!

She has 139k on her. She had 137+ upon pickup. Absolutely no issues with the drivetrain or anything. Just has some rock pecks on the front cap I'm going to address along with other little stuff. Shift knob is worn. Seats are not worn but are hard and not supple. The car has been kept up by Acura in Miami. There has been over 6k spent in maintenance lately. This one was pampered :) no accident history on carfax or autocheck. Clean title, etc.

- - - Updated - - -

Here is one pic I took of the under carriage today. I washed it a bit :)

- - - Updated - - -

Dc sports headers and exhaust were installed in 1993.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    51.4 KB · Views: 640
Last edited:
Congrats on the car. This sounds like the car I almost bought. If I knew how to do paint and body work, I definitely would have bought this car. The engine felt strong and the seller is definitely a great person.

Ha ha I understand. This owner was 72 and has owned it since 1993. Very great guy and he actually teared up as it left. [\Quote]

It sounds like the car I saw on classic auto trader I posted a while back. It seemed like a very nice car for a good price.

You practically took it from Shawn's driveway without him knowing about it. It was practically in his back yard. But I understand, he was busy with politics and a new mint R-77.

PS. The undercarriage looks very nice. It shows pride of ownership. Nice find.

Last edited:
Looks like an awesome find! Glad you and the new NSX were able to enjoy some time together on the drive home, too. The drive home after buying a new car is always one of the most memorable ownership experiences. Congratulations.

Sooooo......Im still cleaning on the undercarriage :) So far, Ive ordered a new front lip, floor mats, brake pads all around, oil, filters, and I have the front cap nearly off. The paint didnt match the way I wanted it to, so I'll be painting the bumper, hood, head light covers, and both fenders. Good news is that it will be like new when I get done :) Thanks everyone for the support, the texts, and the PMs. You guys are always soooo generous and I'm proud to be a part of this family.

DSC02872_zps7a174fd5.jpg

DSC02871_zps4f9d6af7.jpg

DSC02870_zps048c8138.jpg

DSC02869_zps08fac527.jpg

DSC02868_zps3409e5ff.jpg

DSC02867_zps1201e9af.jpg

DSC02865_zpsf89fc60f.jpg

DSC02863_zps80d8893b.jpg

DSC02861_zps3cc43ae7.jpg

Back