• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Year 11

As year number 11 comes to a close, it’s time once again for me to look back. 2015 did not feature any road trips or upgrades to the car, so pictures are a little sparse. Nonetheless, my meager offering follows.

Florida beach New Year’s Day sand. I love it here! :)
IMG_2963.jpg

2015 got off to a good start with a trip to the “Wanna Go Fast” event in Ocala. It was a 1/2 mile drag race on a private airstrip. It sounded like fun so I got registered with my wife as my pit crew off we went!

IMG_0003.jpg

I had one of the slowest cars there that day, but I couldn’t possibly have cared less. It was so much fun, hard to describe. Even the time waiting in line to run again was nice because the NSX attracts so much love and attention. I met a lot of people that day.

DSC_5933.jpg

Fun as it was, I as a little disappointed with my car. 134 was the best I could do. Here’s a 1 minute video of the same run from 2 cameras. I also found my speedo is off by quite a lot. Still haven’t got that fixed…

https://vimeo.com/117756111

It was a fun event, something I would recommend to anyone even as a spectator. I don’t think I would run it again unless I had some significant upgrade(s), but I’ll probably go back to watch this year.

DSC_6040.jpg

There weren’t any road trips this year, mostly due to my wife and I taking a month-long vacation in Europe. As much as I would have loved to have my NSX on the autobahn, it wasn’t going to happen. For what it’s worth, I did manage to get our rent-a-Renault up to 159 KPH. :D

Back to the USA, it was finally time to say goodbye to the NSX stablemate, my wife’s SLK. It was my car before the NSX and my wife adopted it as her own. It was a good little car, but nothing lasts forever.

DSC_7818.jpg

In its place, a 328i convertible. For the first time in over 10 years, we have a car with a back seat. We have been fighting over the garage since the day we brought that damned thing home. :(

DSC_7801.jpg

DSC_7887.jpg

In the meantime, I drive my car everywhere and occasionally get a snapshot from an unusual angle.

DSC_8653.jpg

The upgrades of the last few years are holding up well. The supercharger is 2 1/2 years (and about 15,000 miles) old and despite a failed bearing (replaced under warranty) is simply wonderful. I love it. I should have done this years earlier.

IMG_3501.JPG

The upholstery is now 1 1/2 years old and it is also holding up as well as I expected. The driver’s bolster is showing slight wear, which I hate but accept. If I have this car 10 years from now I expect it will need a new driver’s seat skin. C’est la vie.

It’s not a show car, but if you step back a bit it presents itself well. I can only hope that I am worthy.

DSC_8020.jpg

DSC_8018.jpg

And I won the annual battle of whose car will transport the Christmas tree home. :D

IMG_0017.jpg

A parting shot for 2015.

IMG_3500.jpg

Until next year!

Back