• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Yes even more PIR

Eddie's ride is lookin pretty nice. I got to ride with Eddie today and I have to tell you he is really getting to be damn fast! I was really impressed with how much he has improved since last year. Everyone better look out at the next NSXPO event!
eddiescott2.jpg

My mistress looking sad as she didn't get to play today.
hal1.jpg

Here's Scott doin a little "air driving"!
scottairracing.jpg

------------------
hejo
Speed%20of%20Heat.gif

Lake Oswego, Oregon
95T Blk\Blk SportShift

[This message has been edited by hejo (edited 29 October 2001).]

Hey uhh Hal...I didnt go to any track events last year...
The first track event I went to in the NSX was this April..no more than 5 months ago.

But in any case Thanks for the compliments and the GREAT GREAT Pics!!
Can you e-mail some of them to me?
Do you have them in larger resolution?

Aaaa your right! I just looked through my pics from last year and nope you were not there! Must have been a MOB moment!
biggrin.gif
Anyway when did I see you last at PIR then? Doesn't matter you're really driving smooth and fast. I think once you get the brake situation settled that you'll even be faster. The next time there's an event I should get David to come along since he raced SCCA for many years. I didn't think of it yesterday but there's an old trick of tapping the brakes for a split second before really need to stomp on them to settle the suspension. I wonder if that would make a difference. To send you the raw pics you'll need an email account that will allow files larger than 1mb. Just private it to me and I'll send them to you. Thanks again for the ride!

------------------
hejo
Speed%20of%20Heat.gif

Lake Oswego, Oregon
95T Blk\Blk SportShift

[This message has been edited by hejo (edited 29 October 2001).]

Actually I used to do that (Tapping the brake's)on my old suspension setup with the stock brake's. This was my first track event with the Brembo's (Not in the rain) so I was just trying to dial in my braking points for most of the day. I've also seen the BM video guys do that with their left foot just before heavy braking (Where I learn most of my driving tricks). Btw, who is David? Can he ride with me and teach me to be faster?

[This message has been edited by Edo (edited 29 October 2001).]

Originally posted by Edo:
Actually I used to do that (Tapping the brake's)on my old suspension setup with the stock brake's. This was my first track event with the Brembo's (Not in the rain) so I was just trying to dial in my braking points for most of the day. I've also seen the BM video guys do that with their left foot just before heavy braking (Where I learn most of my driving tricks). Btw, who is David? Can he ride with me and teach me to be faster?

[This message has been edited by Edo (edited 29 October 2001).]

Is THAT why I see them doing that in the BM videos? I thought they were brake-checking and psyching out the drivers behind them.

How does that actually settle the suspension?

Originally posted by POWERED by HONDA:
Is THAT why I see them doing that in the BM videos? I thought they were brake-checking and psyching out the drivers behind them.

How does that actually settle the suspension?

I'm not an expert but my understand is that the purpose is get the suspension to level out before entering the turn so that it optimally performs through the turn. My bet is that when your in a straight and tap the brakes it forces the suspension to compress slighly so the all the springs and sway bars are evenly compressed. I'd suggest if you're really interested in understanding more post a topic in the main area. There's a lot of experienced drivers on the forum and might be an interesting topic.

------------------
hejo
Speed%20of%20Heat.gif

Lake Oswego, Oregon
95T Blk\Blk SportShift

I also think that it has to do with wiping away any excess gas fron the pad/rotor area.
That way it doesnt get compressed under braking and create fade.

Back