• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Yet, another sad day

What he said. Read your policy and don't be pressured. If you cash their check it is tantamount to accepting their terms.

Ditto. Check your policy for replacement car coverage in the event of a totalled car. Tell agent you don't have time for doing research, etc. That's what your insurance premium is for, right? Make them do the work. You're busy, have commitments, shipping-out, etc., etc.

Now, it's up to you on how much time you can spare to refuse the payout and wait for them to come closer to your settlement terms. Good luck with all that.

On May 14th I had a similar accident in which I hydroplaned losing the back end, spinning and hitting the wall. My car was a low mileage '97 and the insurance company was very fair- they gave me $44,500. NSX + worn tires + rain=hydroplaning and accident. It won't happen to me again!!

if somehow you still haven't settled this with Geico I know of an auto appraiser for exotics/classic cars here in socal. He specifically does insurance work for agreed value coverages etc... i'm sorry to hear about your accident.

Thanks for your service. We really appreciate it.

if somehow you still haven't settled this with Geico I know of an auto appraiser for exotics/classic cars here in socal. He specifically does insurance work for agreed value coverages etc... i'm sorry to hear about your accident.

Thanks for your service. We really appreciate it.

Thanks for all the advice guys. I have long since settled with Geico, though I wasn't happy with the settlement. I was in the middle of a station change, needed a vehicle to get around with, and just frankly didn't want to deal with it. It's hard enough just dealing with the insurance company, appraisers, etc... add to that the time difference, and I was gonna be on the road. I said eff it. I've moved on for now, but as soon as I can, I'll be in another NSX. It will probably be sometime before I am back in one though.

Sux man, glad you are okay. If you can't swing another NSX.. get an S2k. Bloody cheap these days and such a fun car as many will attest.

NSX or bust!!

haha I like your attitude:biggrin:

It's not the same, and you all know that. Even if I have to sell blood, a testicle, and other body organs, I will have another NSX! :biggrin:

Man I miss my S2k! Had 34k+ into it one year, sold it for about 20K in two years! Told the bum that when he sells it again, to let me know first. Guess what, he resells it and doesn't..?

I guess I could pick one up for < 10K now but.....

Back