• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

You gotta laugh

Went to a "Cruise Night" at a auto themed restaurant in Armonk, NY last night, been going to this for the past couple of years, previously in my 00 C5 convertible, now in the NSX. Because of the lousy weather here recently, last night's event was mobbed. There were over 70 cars, everything from a Model T, to a number of heavily modded 30's roadsters, to a nice Shelby 500kr convertible, to a Devan, and yes, my NSX too. Towards the end of the evening, 3 2003 ZO6's (anniversary editions) drive in together, one black, one red, and one yellow. Each of the drivers of the ZO6's had a young daughter with them. Out of the yellow one was an approximately 12 year old girl, who promptly walked up to my 02 NSX (yellow also) and said, that's a nice vette, but mine is nicer. I said to her, "You had better not let your Dad know what you just said, that's not a Vette!" Her friend started to laugh at her, and I just smiled. I did get to speak with her father later, and he had a good laugh too.

There were lots of vintage Z28, mustangs, vettes, and all sorts of cars from the 50's too. It was a nice evening, people were friendly, and interested in the NSX. The real highlight though, was when two women, and their young boys (6-8 years old if I had to guess) walk up to admire my car and the young boy says to his mother "that's an Acura", and she was like "no it's not", and I said to her, don't argue with him, he's absolutely correct. It was nice to see such a young kid, so enthusiastic, and really know his cars. We have a beautiful car, and people do appreciate it, some even know what it is!!! ROFL:D

Z06 is way over produced IMO. They sold more Z06's last year than all the NSX's sold (nearly 9000). A dealer near me has 15 Z06's on the lot.

RPM217 said:
The real highlight though, was when two women, and their young boys (6-8 years old if I had to guess) walk up to admire my car and the young boy says to his mother "that's an Acura", and she was like "no it's not", and I said to her, don't argue with him, he's absolutely correct. ROFL:D

Haha... great story :D

RPM217 said:
Each of the drivers of the ZO6's had a young daughter with them. Out of the yellow one was an approximately 12 year old girl, who promptly walked up to my 02 NSX (yellow also) and said, that's a nice vette, but mine is nicer.
Kids today..
screwy.gif

Attachments

• kidstoday.jpg
    kidstoday.jpg
    44.9 KB · Views: 204
Science has really changed with the times since I took it 25 years ago. Look at the size of those buds!

:cool:

Back