• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Zanardi #28 - JH4NA2128XT000155

Hi there,

I'm seriously considering the purchase of this Zanardi but was wondering if anyone knew any negatives about it or reasons I should walk away?

I've done a search for Zanardi and haven't seen anything referencing this particular model but figured someone might know its history.

Any help you could provide would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks a lot Ojas!

That is somewhat strange regarding the discrepancy in information provided to me by the dealer. I talked to him this morning on the phone and he stated it was #28 but apparently he's wrong. Makes me start to wonder about the car or it may just be the possibility that he was talking uninformed. Car dealers never do that. ;)

Actually, if I understand the numbering of Zanardi Edition NSXs, I think #28 is the correct number for that VIN. The #47 might have been a mistake.

Ojas said:
Actually, if I understand the numbering of Zanardi Edition NSXs, I think #28 is the correct number for that VIN. The #47 might have been a mistake.

Yeah I think you are right. I just called the dealer again and had him walk out to the car to personally check the VIN# to verify it and he said it's correct so that other thread must be some kind of mistake.

So now that we've figured out that it is #28 does anyone know its history?

It looks like it started in Houston, then went to Wisconsin, and now it's in Florida so it's had three owners. More than I would like personally but if it checks out ok I guess that's no big deal. I think I'm going to have to take a drive down from Atlanta and look at it.

I just looked at it and it has a Midwest NSXCA sticker in the rear glass, therefore somebody knows some of the history. The plaque definitely said #28, but I didn’t look at the VIN. All I can say is this car at some point in its life has been rode hard and put up wet. It is currently missing the front piece that covers the tow hook, the front air dam, and one of the horn buttons has popped-off the steering wheel. I don’t know how you could achieve so many scratches behind the door handle in 28,000 miles even if you were trying. It is mostly stock (wheels, exhaust….) but has an HKS suspension on it and homemade intake. The intake is very scary since it is partly held together with duct tape and there appears to be a gaping hole downstream of the filter! I wouldn’t want to start the car like this and didn’t. The motor had some unusual residue on the rear valve cover that seemed strange for such low miles. The interior was in decent shape. The car may be straight, it didn’t have any obvious repaint, but I’m no body expert. With some work, the car could be decent for a price.

Bob

i talked to the sales guys today. seemed like they were hiding something. they said they had lots of interest. my personal opinion: a nice zanardi w 28k for 49k$ would have been scooped up already. nose has been painted overspray underneath. i think ill pass.

1BADNSX said:
I just looked at it and it has a Midwest NSXCA sticker in the rear glass, therefore somebody knows some of the history. The plaque definitely said #28, but I didn’t look at the VIN. All I can say is this car at some point in its life has been rode hard and put up wet. It is currently missing the front piece that covers the tow hook, the front air dam, and one of the horn buttons has popped-off the steering wheel. I don’t know how you could achieve so many scratches behind the door handle in 28,000 miles even if you were trying. It is mostly stock (wheels, exhaust….) but has an HKS suspension on it and homemade intake. The intake is very scary since it is partly held together with duct tape and there appears to be a gaping hole downstream of the filter! I wouldn’t want to start the car like this and didn’t. The motor had some unusual residue on the rear valve cover that seemed strange for such low miles. The interior was in decent shape. The car may be straight, it didn’t have any obvious repaint, but I’m no body expert. With some work, the car could be decent for a price.

Bob

Bob,

Thank you very much for the heads up. You may have just saved me a long drive.

I appreciate your honesty.

What would make someone mess with the suspension on a Zanardi? Newbers. :rolleyes:

Looks to me just like 1badnsx described it.Also the brake fluid is a touch low in the resevior up front so the pads may be worn down.Funny how they did'nt take more pics of the exterior -rear and sides.

So, are almost all of the Zanardi NSX's plagued with stories and repaint problems??? :(

I looked at it and it had obvious signs of repainting. Maybe just the nose from rock chips. It was #28 on the trim panel. Dealer said it had headers and exhaust. NOT! All stock. I did'nt drive it, but it sounded pretty good. Their price was a little high $48K. I'll give it a good lookin' if any is interested.

PM Me.

I drove it Saturday. Someone said it had an aftermarket suspension and I believe it. Every little bump I hit make a squeak or a rattle. You could obviously tell that the front bumper had been resprayed. The dealership offered me a paint depth guage which I used all over the car. The driver's front quarter panel has been resprayed as well. The paint was thicker in that area. Aftermarket intake. Missing front air dam and tow hook cover (as stated previously).

Buyer beware.

WTF??? Dealer trade, without a buyer???? Seems as though the FL dealer knew something about this car that the OH dealer did not. Hopefully the Wisconsin owner will chime in. Seems as though he was the last personal owner. John V. @ Acura of Brookfield probably knows of this car. Any interested parties should give him a call. He is Mr NSX as far as midwest service goes.

I am shocked at how poorly these dealers are presenting this car. The dealer that has it now has it priced in the upper $50's yet still has the horn button hanging off, and front spoiler missing!! This would not present well to me if I was interested in the car and the dealer is trying to sell me on how the car is low miles and in great condition, yet something as cheap as the horn button has not been replaced. Maybe it is just me, but if I saw that I would just turn around and walk away.

I had accually considered trading my S2000 for this car until one of my friends sent me to this forum and this series of posts.I owe him a debt of graditude. Although I've never had any dealings with Lindsay Acura,they may not know the history of #28.

The dealer that has it now has it priced in the upper $50's yet still has the horn button hanging off, and front spoiler missing!!

The front spoiler is probably missing from being loaded and unloaded onto trailers while being shipped back and forth across the country. Poor number 28. She's like a little red-headed stepchild that nobody wants. So sad. :frown:

No lip spoiler as well, so it must have had a frontal encounter...

Bram

docjohn said:
Looks to me just like 1badnsx described it.Also the brake fluid is a touch low in the resevior up front so the pads may be worn down.Funny how they did'nt take more pics of the exterior -rear and sides.

Bram said:
No lip spoiler as well, so it must have had a frontal encounter...

Bram

True...but it does not guarantee a major one. Catching it on a driveway or parking block could tear it off, or the owner could have just removed it so they did not scrape their front on bumps.

Back