• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Zanardi #44 is for sale JH4NA2126XT000171

Re: Zanardi #44 is for sale

I just found this thread, and this sort of thing is why I love Prime.

My feeling is that I would buy a Zanardi with a replaced fender, if there wasn't any structural damage underneath, and would be willing to do all the TLC this one needs to get a 1 of 50 car. If it was a regular NSX I'd keep shopping because there's a nice selection out there.

We need some loaded dude to start buying up choice NSXs and make a museum out of them with a race track out back so we can drive them. He'll pay for all the maintenance and then we'll know that these cars will live forever.

I think I saw this Zanardi #44 on display today. For you SoCal people, it was on display at The Auto Gallery in Calabasas; you can see the dealership right off the 101 freeway along with all the Ferraris, Lambos, etc.

It was pretty funny because I drive by this exotic car dealership every morning to work and I think to myself ... "I'd like to have that (insert exotic sprots car of choice) one day". But today, I was able to say .... I have that car! Well not Zanardi, but you get the idea.

Last edited:

We need some loaded dude to start buying up choice NSXs and make a museum out of them with a race track out back so we can drive them. He'll pay for all the maintenance and then we'll know that these cars will live forever.

Im working on it, im currently at 2 NSX's:biggrin:Oh, and Im not loaded:redface:

My feeling is that I would buy a Zanardi with a replaced fender, if there wasn't any structural damage underneath, and would be willing to do all the TLC this one needs to get a 1 of 50 car.

This is EXACTLY the type of owner this car needs. Someone willing to bring it back to health.

I don't think the PPI suggested there was any structural damage.

i am willing to shine it up, all i need is the money:wink:

I don't think the PPI suggested there was any structural damage.

A replaced fender on a unibody car is considered frame damage:wink:

Hi everyone! just thought you’d be interested in seeing pictures of #44. It’s currently listed on eBay. Looks like it’s been cleaned/detailed.
<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p> </o:p>
<o:p>eBay link:</o:p>
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Acura-NSX-Alex-Zanardi-99-Acura-NSX-RARE-Alex-Zanardi-Edition-Formula-Red_W0QQitemZ180338948085QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUS_Cars_Trucks?hash=item180338948085&_trksid=p4506.c0.m245&_trkparms=72%3A1205%7C65%3A12%7C39%3A1%7C240%3A1318

Hi everyone! just thought you’d be interested in seeing pictures of #44. It’s currently listed on eBay. Looks like it’s been cleaned/detailed.
<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p> </o:p>
<o:p>eBay link:</o:p>
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Acura-NSX-Alex-Zanardi-99-Acura-NSX-RARE-Alex-Zanardi-Edition-Formula-Red_W0QQitemZ180338948085QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUS_Cars_Trucks?hash=item180338948085&_trksid=p4506.c0.m245&_trkparms=72%3A1205%7C65%3A12%7C39%3A1%7C240%3A1318

Welcome! Yes, this link was posted in another thread. Thats an UGLY link, BTW :wink:

A replaced fender on a unibody car is considered frame damage:wink:

anything that can be unbolted is not a part of the chassis/unibody. fenders are not structural pieces. :wink:

Update on this. This car is now for sale at The Auto Gallery in Calabasas, CA. I went and looked at it yesterday.

I must say they did a VERY good job at cleaning up this car.

They:

1) Did a deep clean on the interior. Still a bit rough for my taste, but I am anal.

2) Re-finished the wheels. They look 9/10.

3) Re-painted the front lower bumper. Looks 8/10.

Im still passing on this car because I don't like not knowing why the rear fender was replaced. The last owner wouldn't admit to it, so what else is he not telling me?

But for many people out there this would be a good car.

It still needs timing belt, water pump. It has a new clutch.

If you are interested, call Adam at 888.323.0842.

Price is $49.9k but he is open to "offers".

I Suspect you have since seen #49 has also been posted on eBAY for sale.

JH4NA2125XT000176

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Acur....c0.m245&_trkparms=72:317|65:12|39:1|240:1318

Tiny URL: http://tinyurl.com/dzxj5x

It would be nice to own one... being so limited... but on the other hand, I'm happy with the 91 I currently own, with the west wings kit. I like the looks and I don't believe if I owned a Zandari I would want to mess with the stock aspects of it.... then again, all that stuff comes off easier than it went on.

I just wanted to make sure you all knew there was another one out there for sale.

I Suspect you have since seen #49 has also been posted on eBAY for sale.

JH4NA2125XT000176

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Acur....c0.m245&_trkparms=72:317|65:12|39:1|240:1318

Tiny URL: http://tinyurl.com/dzxj5x

It would be nice to own one... being so limited... but on the other hand, I'm happy with the 91 I currently own, with the west wings kit. I like the looks and I don't believe if I owned a Zandari I would want to mess with the stock aspects of it.... then again, all that stuff comes off easier than it went on.

I just wanted to make sure you all knew there was another one out there for sale.

Yeah I believe this one has a salvage title??

Zanardi #44 (VIN JH4NA2126XT000171) is for sale again, interestingly with a roof that has been finished in black like a '91-'94 USA car.

https://www.europrestigeimports.com/details/used-1999-acura-nsx/56492949

1454980641.jpg

Last edited:
And now, NO RESERVE on Bring a Trailer.

It's funny that people were nitpicking this car 10 years ago when it was listed for under 50k. It's at $125k after only the first day on BaT.

It's funny that people were nitpicking this car 10 years ago when it was listed for under 50k. It's at $125k after only the first day on BaT.

I don't think it was nitpicking really, a lot of the concerns posted seem to be pretty valid to me...

(I get how it's interesting given how they've come up in price, but still.)

I don't think it was nitpicking really, a lot of the concerns posted seem to be pretty valid to me...

Agreed. Several Zanardis with interesting stories. Really curious as to why they wrapped the top in black.

I like black tops, but I didn't think "Zanardi" when I first saw the car in the ad until I dug into the particulars. Doesn't really look NFR to me either, too light. Maybe needs a paint correction?

Agreed. Several Zanardis with interesting stories. Really curious as to why they wrapped the top in black.

I like black tops, but I didn't think "Zanardi" when I first saw the car in the ad until I dug into the particulars. Doesn't really look NFR to me either, too light. Maybe needs a paint correction?

NFR actually has a pretty light / orange tone to it in the sun, wheres FR has a bit more of a purple tone in my opinion. It's really cameras and editing that make the colors look way different from picture to picture. Paint corrections remove swirls, they don't change the tone of the paint.

NFR actually has a pretty light / orange tone to it in the sun, wheres FR has a bit more of a purple tone in my opinion. It's really cameras and editing that make the colors look way different from picture to picture. Paint corrections remove swirls, they don't change the tone of the paint.

Yeah I suppose on this car you're really just digging into the clear, but I've seen some substantially "pink" NSXs turn back into their 1991 FR color.

Yeah I'll be honest I'm not an expert on the matter, but I've seen some of these guys do wonders on paint cutting into the clear and sometimes the base coats to remove the UV damaged layer. Supposedly the coats on the NSX are fairly deep as well.

https%3A%2F%2Fblogs-images.forbes.com%2Fkbrauer%2Ffiles%2F2015%2F09%2FPaint-Correction-Ferrari.jpg

Incredible - I know the clear coat is actually red tinted on the FR / NFR cars as well. Admittedly I deal with lower mileage NSXs for the most part, so I have never seen one that was seriously UV damaged from sitting in the sun, that is major.

Surprisingly, almost all new cars that leave the factory have paint defects that need some sort of correction but it's surely not to the extent you see above.

I purchased my car abroad in Japan and the rain had etched the paint pretty badly over the last 25 years, so I had it corrected when I brought it back to the US and the Berlina Black has never looked better. Truly amazing results.

Back