• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Zanardi Edition in San Diego

Ran into a red Zanardi edition, red NSX in San Diego. Car is sitting on 19 inch aftermarket rear wheels.

Just a heads up, car has body work done to it. WHILE it was getting body work done, and going back and forth from the stereo shop (owner-hairdresser is putting a huge sound system in it), a huge crease was put on the passenger door.

If you are the owner of the car, please be careful. I personally saw the stereo guys joyriding the car, and even offered me a ride! :frown: :mad:

I was at the Lexus shop next door with my car. The car is #165 or #169. About 25-29K miles on the car.

They are really abusing it. I just wanted to give a headsup to the owner.

I'm guessing that is #42 and it's not the first time that it has had bodywork done.

Otto

You are right, it seems. The plate on the door sill stated 164 or 169. I just can't recall the exact number.

I will take pics/post details on Friday, if the shop doesn't wreck the car again. Sigh.

42? The plate on the door sill clearly stated 164 or 169. I just can't recall the exact number.

I will take pics/post details on Friday, if the shop doesn't wreck the car again. Sigh.

The door plate for Zanardi #42 is XT000169. :biggrin:

I thought one of the previous owners of that car was on Prime, but I can't remember who. I know that they didn't respond to the recent Zanardi roll call.
http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=81709

Otto

I just posted on that thread, before I saw your post here.:biggrin: This owner has driven it 4 times in the last 8 months. Not sure how long he owned it though.

Car is not in that great off a shape. Located off the 805 right now.

i want it....

find out some info and if i can get it ill throw someone a finder fee :)

What info do you need.

I have the mileage, type of wheels, condition of car. Let me know what you are looking for.

Car is getting a huge sound system put into it.

i want it....

find out some info and if i can get it ill throw someone a finder fee :)

Here's some info on it. :wink:
http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15301

Since there has been alot of private emails inquiring about #42.

Here is what I know:

Zanardi #42 was originally sold from Greenwich Acura in CT. The first owner spun the car and hit the guardrail damaging the side door and rear quarter panels. His insurance company fixed the car and shortly afterwards he sold it. The car was sold at around 4000 miles if I remembered correctly. After that I don't know its history.

Otto

Just a heads up, car has body work done to it. WHILE it was getting body work done, and going back and forth from the stereo shop (owner-hairdresser is putting a huge sound system in it), a huge crease was put on the passenger door.

If you are the owner of the car, please be careful. I personally saw the stereo guys joyriding the car, and even offered me a ride! :frown: :mad:

I was at the Lexus shop next door with my car. The car is #165 or #169. About 25-29K miles on the car.

Ahhhh... the horror. I sometimes regret not waiting for a Zanardi but you hear stories like this and realize that in all likelihood, the really nice Zanardi's aren't going to be offered for sale anytime soon.

Poor car.:frown:

i want the phone number of the owner so i can buy it...

i can rebuild it :)
it will be like the 6 million dollar man :)

I just posted on that thread, before I saw your post here.:biggrin: This owner has driven it 4 times in the last 8 months. Not sure how long he owned it though.

Car is not in that great off a shape. Located off the 805 right now.

How do you know how often he has driven it? Man....you know all of the information EXCEPT who it is!! :frown:

Ran into a red Zanardi edition, red NSX in San Diego. Car is sitting on 19 inch aftermarket rear wheels.

it's sightings like these that make me wary of purchasing a used NSX. unfortunately, i have no choice anymore but for a used one... it's all the abuse that the prior owner doesn't know about because some service tech / installer decided to have some fun and damage the car.. :mad:

Saw the car again yesterday. Still at the same place. The full stereo is done. Has new HRE 19s on there with new tires. 7K$ for the wheel/tire setup.

Saw the car again yesterday. Still at the same place. The full stereo is done. Has new HRE 19s on there with new tires. 7K$ for the wheel/tire setup.

It's a pity this current owner does not understand the original intentions of the Zanardi Edition NSX. Honda engineers went out of their ways to reduce weight on this special coupe by taking out power steering, smaller battery, carbon spoiler, lightened BBS wheels, among other things, only to be replaced by a full stereo system and 19" wheels. :frown:

Back