• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Zanardi went bid-less on cars.com!

Taken from an article in my local paper, The Post Crescent.

"On the block - 1999 Acura NSX, Alex Zanardi edition, not sold: If you missed out on one of the 50 special edition, all-aluminum Acura NSX's sold back in 1999, fear not as they sometimes come up for resale.

Most have very low miles (this example has 38,000 showing) and a reasonable price tag considering the vehicle's uniqueness: It's named after open-wheel racing champion Alex Zanardi.

It's also about 150-pounds lighter than a 'normal' NSX and it comes with special BBS-brand wheels.

Finally, it has a fixed roof (there were no targa-roof Zanardi cars) and some interior decoration.

There were no bids on this auction, but the seller would have taken $44,700."

Looks like you buyers let one slip away!

This one.

Last edited:
Zanardi #8 is being sold in Phoenix right now. Listed in the 50's, but i cant recall the exact price...from a dealer.. "Immaculate" i beelive was in the text...

T Bell said:
It's also about 150-pounds lighter than a 'normal' NSX and it comes with special BBS-brand wheels.

According to this it is incorrect if one considers that:
#1- a 1991-1992 is also a "normal" NSX
#2- a Zanardi is only 54 lighter than a 1991-1992
#3- the "150" figure is actually a round-up of the press material's figure of 149 lbs (as in 149 lbs lighter than a NSX-T)

Back