• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

ZO6 & Mustang with Pro Charger, lost to my 02 NSX

So I have a few good friends with various Corvettes. They are a great guys to hang out with. Well, we race almost every weekend. And for the most part from a 70 kick up to 150 I will always be a bit behind, about 4-5 car lengths. The Corvette owners all assume that the Vetts are faster because from 70-150 they are ahead of my 2002 NSX. Well, If I could just race every one from 0-85 with my Nitrous I will never be beat (just a joke, I can make parameters to win every race to).
So I raced a buddy of mine with a 2000 ZO6 with some light mods, from 60 MPH-130 (me in second gear HA,HA VTECH BABY) with the nitrous on. I beat him by about 1-2 (my rear bumper was at his nose or just a hair more) car lengths or so. Once we got in from the sticks (nice safe place we race) and sat down to eat he was shocked. We have messed around before but I never had my Nitrous bottle full or ready to go so I always would joke around and kid with them that one day I will catch them with a fresh 1050PSI bottle and they will be sorry.
So after dinner we went from 40-120MPH with no Nitrous I lost by 4 car lengths, the nice thing is that from a dead stop without the nitrous it would be a darn good race. If the ZO6 has tire spin the NSX, with no Nitrous will win every time.
Just a notable mention I also raced a 2000 Mustang GT with a Pro Charger (intercooled 18PSI super charger) 5 times.
3 times from 40-60mph Kicks up to 140-150 I won every time (with Nitrous) but only by a car length or so. Then the Mustang wanted to go from a stop. I was all over this one.
I do not play games when I race. From the second I leave the line my foot never comes off the gas pedal. I also do not wait until the car next to me is in front of me to hit the Nitrous. The Nitrous is on from 3000 RPM in 1st gear till the end of the 1/4 mile. No Fast & Fictitious racing here. Bottom line at the 1/4 mark I was a good 4-6 cars in front of the Mustang.
Next week I will race another friend of mine with a 1999 C-5 Vet with a lot of Mods including Trany work, Gears, Head and Cams, and who knows what else. We have raced a few times but only once from a stop with my slipping clutch and could not use my Nitrous. So it will be a good one.

AJKS

Last edited:
bayareansx1999 said:
you mean 2001 z06 right>? they didnt make the z06 till 2001.

Yes 2001 ZO6. My other friend has the 2000 convertible, and the guy with all the Mods has a 1999 C5. Not as easy as the NSX, hell all you have to know is 91-96 and 97-02 for HP and T or not too T.
:)

That car is crazy fast with the bottle. I saw it take off getting on the interstate it was like a rocket. Love the car man hopefully the gs-r will be faster soon.

Last edited:
Good job man! So you beat the blue Z06 that was at the car show at Bellevue? I think it's an 02, though. If it was a different Z06, you should race that guy.

1SlowZ said:
Good job man! So you beat the blue Z06 that was at the car show at Bellevue? I think it's an 02, though. If it was a different Z06, you should race that guy.

No Not the Blue Z06. Thaht thing is Crazy
Fast. I raced him 2 weeks ago from about a 70 Kick. I only had my Nitrous pushing 75 HP. At about 140 or so I was a good 8-10 cars behind him. From a stop I may have had a chance in the 1/4 but only if he has street tires on. From what I can tell the Blue ZO6 runs low 11's maybe even high 10's in the 1/4 with slicks.

AJKS

If AJKS said he beat a z06 he did . I saw him race the supercharged mustang and beat it without a problem. If you have a vette you better be bring some real power like the blue z06 with like high 500 to 600 whp levels to mess with AJKS's nsx!!! AJKS has more mods on the way more than likely...

Last edited:
slovette said:
u are lying man

Slovette
What am I lying about?
Go back to the Vett Site please or were ever you came from. You are trying to start s^!T.

Not only do you have the owner of the ZO6 admitting that I beat him by a car with Nitrous, I have witness's that saw me beat the Mustang.

Read the post below

ess Logged]

vetdrms [ [Find more posts by vetdrms] ]

User was last seen:
06-04-2003 05:45 AM

(post #53) :: MultiQuote

Ok...I guess it's time for me to chime in and tell it like it is. First off, the guy with the NSX...his name is John and he is a really cool guy. His car is NOT rice and it is FAST as hell. Give the guy a break...one think you probably don't know is that he use to race mustangs for several years. Believe me...the mods that are on his car that you think are mostly for looks are not. His car probably weighs 250-300 pounds less than my Z06

We did race a few night ago on a closed track 2 times. 60mph roll, him on nitrous (100 shot, 1100 psi) and his girlfriend was in the car too. I had a full tank of gas and my gf was with me as well. We raced to about 140mph...and he had me by a car. I was basically right at his bumper.

The next race, was from about 40mph...him off nitrous...I pulled 4 cars on him and was still going.

I would definitely not doubt the ability of his car if I were you...just ask Kibby in the Black GT. I have most of his races on video...even his race with Ted. BTW, Ted put like 7 cars on him and was still pulling. I just need time to host them or some help...hint, hint. I even have 2 of Caesars races on film with him...believe me they were pretty much dead even to 120.

Don't give the guy a bad rap...John is a cool guy and has owned several different cars, not just imports!

Remember this is all in fun and I think everyone needs to chill out a little bit.

Sorry for the bad engrish or spe77ing.

JS

"Splurge a little."

Last edited:
To each his own. I personally would never put NOS on an NSX. IMO, (here come the flames), the NSX is a roadrace car and should be used accordingly. Me being a tech, I see them come in all the time needing clutches. Most of them will replace the factory clutch with another factory clutch and go out and street race. Bad idea IMO. Goofing around in a safe area from a kick is one thing, but all out drag racing in an NSX just doesn't do anything for me. Once again JMHFO. I've ran NSX's on roadcourses. There's nothing like seeing just how far your handywork can go. That's what it's all about for ME. NOS is strictly for street racing...that's it. Give me something that I can use all day around the track without having to think about it and I'm in! A supercharger on a roadcourse is a little slice of heaven. Just ask Lud.
Barn Man....

Back