• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Leaking SOS Laminova Inter cooler/options for different Inter cooler

My car is mainly for street use, so heat soak shouldn't be an issue for me.
Correct me if i'm wrong, but isn't the core's job to cool the air and also reduce the transfer of heat from the SC?
Street use should be totally fine I suspect. You'd need prolonged/sustained throttle under boost like in Canyon or Track conditions. Again, I have never tested so this is just hypothesizing. The transfer of heat from metal to metal isn't so much a concern in my opinion. Under boost conditions the amount of time the air has to linger and collect heat from the surrounding metal is very very low. It heats up from being compressed.

Glad I'm not the only one that thought that there was something strange about the triangle setup relative to the surface of the IC.
The more I look at it I think it's 1/2" or less gap from the opening output of the blower to the aftercooler.

The meth injection application that I had in mind was primarily for cooling the IAT as oppose to "increasing" the octane.

My AEM S2 should have been tuned for the various temps.
You mentioned corn oil so automatically I thought you're tuning for higher octane stability.

BTW, besides Snow Boost Juice, what other options are out there?
Snow Performance and Coolmist are the vendors i've used. AEM has their own solution as well. There are a few out there.

Back