• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

02+ wheels experience

I've just bought 2 02+ wheels for the rear in near to new condition from a seller who was claiming they were for a S2000. I'm not sure if the seller was aware of that. The picture in the add draw me to them.

Yes, it appears there were a few S2000 owners many years ago that bought old wheels from '02+ NSX owners and used them. Since that can be up to 16 years ago I'll bet there are current S2000 owners that have no idea these NSX wheels are worth some money now.

Good score and that was kind of you to share that with the rest of the NSX community.

Now, there will be NSX owners scanning the S2000 classifieds for gauge clusters and '02+ NSX wheels!

Now, there will be NSX owners scanning the S2000 classifieds for gauge clusters and '02+ NSX wheels!
And also the ABS unit that fits perfectly on the NSX!

Is that true, CB72? Can we upgrade our ABS via an S2000 unit? (I have a 1995).

Yes, I've done it on my NA1.
The modulator comes from an S2000 1st generation, the brakes lines were bought new and the wiring harness comes from [MENTION=25737]Kaz-kzukNA1[/MENTION] who's the secretary of the NSXGB club.
He was of great help to troubleshoot the installation as one of the back wheel sensor lines had cooked due to the heat from the turbo.
The very best modification I did to my NSX!

Yes, I've done it on my NA1.
The modulator comes from an S2000 1st generation, the brakes lines were bought new and the wiring harness comes from @Kaz-kzukNA1 who's the secretary of the NSXGB club.
He was of great help to troubleshoot the installation as one of the back wheel sensor lines had cooked due to the heat from the turbo.
The very best modification I did to my NSX!

Would this allow my TCS (and all other features) to continue to work on my 1995 OBD II?

Would this allow my TCS (and all other features) to continue to work on my 1995 OBD II?
This I have no idea as my car has an AEM ECU to run with the turbo...
Better ask [MENTION=25737]Kaz-kzukNA1[/MENTION] direcly.

Hi, [MENTION=30518]Speedmaster[/MENTION].
It's offtopic from the PO so I'll try making this short.

As NSXGB mentioned, you will lose TCS by using the AP1 modulator.
There is simply no w/speed signal output from it to the TCS controller and thus, it will trigger the TCS warning light if it was not disabled.

As mentioned in my post in the other thread, it would be far better than relying on the ancient classic ABS especially if you already have some issue with it.
It can be a good temporary measure until you decide to go for the NSX modulator. Allows you to spread the cost as well.

If your chassis setup is completely different from the standard NSX (like [MENTION=19738]CB72[/MENTION]), then you may as well stick with the AP1 modulator.
From outside, the shape/dimension of the AP1 and NSX modulator is the same so you can keep all the brake pipes, bracket, etc when you switch from AP1 to NSX one.
Just needs to modify the pinout of the ABS upgrade loom.

Kaz

Back