• ***Text Box Error UPDATE*** Folks- we were able to fix the underlying issue with the missing text box on the forum. Everything should be back to normal. - Honcho

11th Annual Michelle Offsie Memorial Walk - June 3, 2012

It is coming up on that time of year when we gather together to support one of our own, Alan Offsie ("Climberao"), and contribute to an important and worthy cause - the fight against breast cancer.

Ten years ago Alan's wife, Michelle, lost her battle with breast cancer and since then there has been a Memorial Walk to raise funds to help fight this disease. The NSX community has supported Alan both by walking and/or by making a financial contribution.

This marks the 11th Anniversary of the Walk and it will be on June 3. We are hoping that our NSX "family" comes out once again in support of one of our members and his family.

Please join Team NSX Club of America

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/qbUXNN-eawI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Nancy and I will of course be there. I did mention to Alan that it's his choice which car I bring, and that Bob cannot intimidate him!!!!:eek::wink:
Contribution made, not sure why it doesn't show as a credit to the NSX Club team, I've sent an email

Last edited:
Hey Bob ..... we can have the usual NSX corral and also a "significant other" section roped off for us clowns.

I'll be there...

Tytus

Contributed. Have a fun, safe and successful day supporting this worthy cause. :cool:

Larry

We hope to have a lot of new people (not babies as they are new people, but people who have never attended) join us this year.

Some have wondered if they had to raise money to attend. Though donations are always appreciated we would really just like you to join us for the day to show support for this event. Your 25.00 entrance fee helps to support the Walk for Hope as all the giveways and management is done by volunteers (Alan correct me if I'm wrong).

If you miss out on being able to attend the River Run, we hope you'll choose to join us for this event.

We have a new walker joining us this year.

My cousin Regina ("Reggie") will be doing her very first breast cancer walk and has chosen "ours" to make her "debut".

What makes this more special is that Reggie spent 2011 battling breast cancer and has now completed a year of chemo and radiation and has been slowly getting her strength up with the goal of joining us. She has decided that she wants to follow through with a promise I had her make when we "celebrated" the end of one set of treatment last fall with a dogzilla at Fuddruckers.

Here is her blog:

http://reggiefightlikeagirl.blogspot.com/

I know it will be a rough walk and will require more energy than she has had in a long time so it would be good to rally our NSX family and help her achieve this milestone. She could have picked another walk to make her first but she picked Michelle's so how about joining us and be a part of this special day.

Last edited:
Wow Bob,
Just read Reggie's Blog and I really hope to see her at the walk this year. Let her know that she will have lots and lots of support and if she needs help, I heard there were all sorts of strong men who would be more than happy to help her. Perhaps even some of the club members.:eek:

We have a new walker joining us this year.

My cousin Regina ("Reggie") will be doing her very first breast cancer walk and has chosen "ours" to make her "debut".

What makes this more special is that Reggie spent 2011 battling breast cancer and has now completed a year of chemo and radiation and has been slowly getting her strength up with the goal of joining us. She has decided that she wants to follow through with a promise I had her make when we "celebrated" the end of one set of treatment last fall with a dogzilla at Fuddruckers.

http://reggiefightlikeagirl.blogspot.com/

Bob
We will show Reggie lots of love. I will see if Harry can come up with a hat or something different for her to celebrate her participation in our event.

It's the small steps that count and Reggies positive attitude is a significant step in the right direction toward healing and recovery !

Her blog brings back lots of memories both good and sad.
Can't wait to meet her.

Bump for an update:

We have 16 walkers so far (including my cousin) and Team NSXCA is the 5th highest fundraising team to date. We are still short of our goal so how about a few more coming out to support a great cause.

And thanks to those who have donated to our team but are unable to attend the walk!

Basia and I are now registered. We'll see you guys there.

Tytus

Unfortunately, we can't make it this year. Best wishes for nice weather for those participating in this very worthy cause.

Remember everyone, Alan guarantees great weather, and he delivers, year after year. This is a great event for a worthy cause, come and participate, if you can't than donate. This, the River Run and of course Kid's Day are some of the best fun, with the best people, for worthy causes (River Run support Poohkie's shoe collection J/K:wink) Come out and support these events, you won't regret it!!!

Another of our NSX family just joined the Team (thanks TonyD!) so we are up to 17 walkers and have raised a total of $725. It looks like we are up to 9 NSXs but it sure would be nice to get a dozen there and have at least 20 walkers in our group. I should correct the math a little since my cousin will be with us and she has a couple of walkers with her so if we can add a few more we could have our largest group ever if we reach 25.

Hi Everyone
Thank you all for joining us or donating to the Michelle Offsie Memorial Walk. We look forward to a clear day, exercise, music, food and snacks all for a great cause to help fight cancer!
As usual parking is reserved for the NSXCA members at the event. This includes a stray Ford GT and Gallardo or two as well :cool:
You are all invited back to my place afterward for some refreshments and a well deserved rest.
Please let me know who is joining us at the house so we can be prepared using this list:

1 Roger and Nancy

Hi Everyone
Thank you all for joining us or donating to the Michelle Offsie Memorial Walk. We look forward to a clear day, exercise, music, food and snacks all for a great cause to help fight cancer!
As usual parking is reserved for the NSXCA members at the event. This includes a stray Ford GT and Gallardo or two as well :cool:
You are all invited back to my place afterward for some refreshments and a well deserved rest.
Please let me know who is joining us at the house so we can be prepared using this list:

1 Roger and Nancy
2Tytus and Basia

You may also have to accommodate a 996tt...:biggrin:

Basia and I thank you for your hospitality.

Tytus

Hi Everyone

1 Roger and Nancy
2 Tytus and Basia

Basia and I thank you for your hospitality.

Tytus

3 Larry and Sissy

mmm...Can you bring a Porsche??? Really???

Regards,
LarryB

Hi Everyone

1 Roger and Nancy
2 Tytus and Basia
3 Larry and Sissy
4 Tony

I plan to stop by your place...

Couple of days away and just a few dollars short of our goal. We have raised $975 so far with a goal of $1000.

Anyone else want to join the team and put us over the top? :biggrin:

Back