• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

16, 17” wheel configuration. OZ

Hi.

I have now bought my first NSX, a 1991 red/black coup with manual gearbox. I’ve only run some ~300 miles but I already feel that this I THE car
smile.gif
Although I’m 6’6” I fit ok with stock seats witch is amazing regarding the car type and height of it. Ill probably have to do some modification to fit with my helmet on to though.

Now to my question, is there someone who knows if OZ super legera exist in a 16, 17” configuration? My dealer claims that the only is available in 17 & 18” witch I think is too big and heavy.
I was hoping that I could run 16/215 front and 17/245 rear.

Thanks in advance.

Klas

Haha.

You're lucky that I came to this post before Nazi did but just like him, I'd also advice you to do a search 1st (on this website or any other rims dealer website), in the future anyways. Since I do have the time, I've done the search for you already
smile.gif

The below information is provided by pronto3000, so thank him when you have the chance.

15x7
16x7
17x7
17x8
18x7
18x8
18x9
19x8
19x8.5

SL 3pc
18x8
18x8.5
18x10
18x10.5
18x11
18x11.5
18x12
18x12.5
18x13
19x8.0
19x8.5
19x9.0
19x9.5
19x10
19x10.5
19x11
19x11.5
19x12
19x12.5

FYI, there are quite a few others in this forum who are also interested in the Superleggera (including me). The first to have them I'd believe is BoneZ. Either way, I'd advise you to go with the 17/18 combo. The car will definitely handle better, not to mention it looks better, too. Personally, I'm going for the 18/19 3pc.

Here's the entire link to the Superleggera topic.
http://www.nsxprime.com/ubb/Forum1/HTML/004756.html

Hope you find this useful and congratulations on your first NSX.

[This message has been edited by NsxJoy (edited 11 June 2002).]

[This message has been edited by NsxJoy (edited 11 June 2002).]

I actually saw that tread NsxJoy but from that I can’t see if they exist with correct offset. It differs some between rear and front.
I was hoping that someone have tried 16, 17 configuration on there NSX.
My dealer has offered me 17, 18 combo with Toyo Proxes T1-S for ~2000$ 1100$ for the rims. The price isn’t the biggest issue but the increasing resistance and thereby fuel consumption (Where I live one liter of 98 octane costs ~1.1$) and the reduced comfort so I really want a 16, 17” combo.
My local Acura dealer checked the price for NSX original rims 16, 17” – 4000$ + tiers.

My criteria for wheels is that they are strong, light and then a compromise between grip and price.

while the Oz Sl's do come in the sizes listed above, there are only 2 wheels (one fittment) that are correct for the NSX. It is a 17x8 up front and an 18x9 in the rear. It is important to bear in mind that the rear of our cars runs a smaller center bore (64mm) than the front (70mm) thus making a correct fittment very tricky if you were to try and run a 16/17, and that is before you even factor in offset. So, my advice...... get the 17/18 combo if you are going to get the Sl's, otherwise pick a diffrent wheel.
Just my $0.02
Aaron
1994 Green/tan #268

Enrique....nice to meet you, Aaron from the Tirerack here. Do you offer safe ring fittments on all the sizes listed above for an NSX? Just wondering becuase we don't have all of those other fittments available to us in correct parameters other than the 17/18 one piece. I do show an expected 18x8 et 40 in the 3 piece but no matching rear as of now. What part number are you suggesting that they run in the 16x7 especially? Just curious to know.
Thanks
Aaron

Enrique, do you know what offset the 16 & 17” rims have? Maybe even the part number so I can slap that in my dealers face
smile.gif

As NsxJoy stated it’s a good resource to have users like you on this forum. Tanks.

Klas

Klas, I asked Enrique the same question above as I am curious as well. Maybe out of the US they have more fittments possibly??? I'm not sure, but before you go "slapping your dealer in the face" you may want to make sure you can really get that wheel. I looked into it and the only 16x7 OZ Sl we can get here at the Tirerack is a 4-100 (which is a civic fittment), and there is no way that is going on an NSX. Just my $0.02
Aaron

Hi Enrique and thank you for straiten this out.
17, 18 it is.
Ill go with 215/40/17 and 235/40/18.

Klas

Klas, a 255/35/18 is a much better rear size for you to run. It will keep the factory stagger and is the appropriate match for a 215/40/17 as well.
Aaron

As I understand the biggest issue is that the deviance between front and rear wheel is somewhat constant so that ALB and TCS still understand what's going on. If the tires fit it's a clear bonus too
smile.gif

In the table below you can see the difference between stock and different setups.

<Table border>
<TR VALIGN="bottom">
<TD ALIGN="right"><FONT FACE="Arial"> </FONT></TD>
<TD ALIGN="left"><FONT FACE="Arial">Front</FONT></TD>
<TD ALIGN="left"><FONT FACE="Arial">New front</FONT></TD>
<TD ALIGN="left"><FONT FACE="Arial">Rear</FONT></TD>
<TD ALIGN="left"><FONT FACE="Arial">New rear</FONT></TD>
<TD ALIGN="left"><FONT FACE="Arial">Alt.</FONT></TD>
</TR>
<TR VALIGN="bottom">
<TD ALIGN="left"><FONT FACE="Arial">Rim</FONT></TD>
<TD ALIGN="right"><FONT FACE="Arial">15</FONT></TD>
<TD ALIGN="right"><FONT FACE="Arial">17</FONT></TD>
<TD ALIGN="right"><FONT FACE="Arial">16</FONT></TD>
<TD ALIGN="right"><FONT FACE="Arial">18</FONT></TD>
<TD ALIGN="right"><FONT FACE="Arial">17</FONT></TD>
</TR>
<TR VALIGN="bottom">
<TD ALIGN="left"><FONT FACE="Arial">Depth</FONT></TD>
<TD ALIGN="right"><FONT FACE="Arial">6,5</FONT></TD>
<TD ALIGN="right"><FONT FACE="Arial">8</FONT></TD>
<TD ALIGN="right"><FONT FACE="Arial">9</FONT></TD>
</TR>
<TR VALIGN="bottom">
<TD ALIGN="left"><FONT FACE="Arial">Width</FONT></TD>
<TD ALIGN="right"><FONT FACE="Arial">205</FONT></TD>
<TD ALIGN="right"><FONT FACE="Arial">215</FONT></TD>
<TD ALIGN="right"><FONT FACE="Arial">225</FONT></TD>
<TD ALIGN="right"><FONT FACE="Arial">235</FONT></TD>
<TD ALIGN="right"><FONT FACE="Arial">245</FONT></TD>
<TD ALIGN="right"><FONT FACE="Arial">225</FONT></TD>
<TD ALIGN="right"><FONT FACE="Arial">255</FONT></TD>
</TR>
<TR VALIGN="bottom">
<TD ALIGN="left"><FONT FACE="Arial">Height</FONT></TD>
<TD ALIGN="right"><FONT FACE="Arial">50</FONT></TD>
<TD ALIGN="right"><FONT FACE="Arial">40</FONT></TD>
<TD ALIGN="right"><FONT FACE="Arial">50</FONT></TD>
<TD ALIGN="right"><FONT FACE="Arial">40</FONT></TD>
<TD ALIGN="right"><FONT FACE="Arial">35</FONT></TD>
</TR>
<TR VALIGN="bottom">
<TD ALIGN="left"><FONT FACE="Arial">Circumference</FONT></TD>
<TD ALIGN="right" STYLE="vnd.ms-excel.numberformat:0.0"><FONT FACE="Arial">184,1</FONT></TD>
<TD ALIGN="right" STYLE="vnd.ms-excel.numberformat:0.0"><FONT FACE="Arial">189,7</FONT></TD>
<TD ALIGN="right" STYLE="vnd.ms-excel.numberformat:0.0"><FONT FACE="Arial">198,4</FONT></TD>
<TD ALIGN="right" STYLE="vnd.ms-excel.numberformat:0.0"><FONT FACE="Arial">202,7</FONT></TD>
<TD ALIGN="right" STYLE="vnd.ms-excel.numberformat:0.0"><FONT FACE="Arial">197,5</FONT></TD>
<TD ALIGN="right" STYLE="vnd.ms-excel.numberformat:0.0"><FONT FACE="Arial">185,1</FONT></TD>
<TD ALIGN="right" STYLE="vnd.ms-excel.numberformat:0.0"><FONT FACE="Arial">199,7</FONT></TD>
</TR>
<TR VALIGN="bottom" STYLE="vnd.ms-excel.numberformat:0.0%">
<TD ALIGN="left"><FONT FACE="Arial">Deviance</FONT></TD>
<TD ALIGN="right"><FONT FACE="Arial">3,0%</FONT></TD>
<TD ALIGN="right"><FONT FACE="Arial">2,2%</FONT></TD>
<TD ALIGN="right"><FONT FACE="Arial">-0,4%</FONT></TD>
<TD ALIGN="right"><FONT FACE="Arial">0,5%</FONT></TD>
<TD ALIGN="right"><FONT FACE="Arial">0,7%</FONT></TD>
</TR>
<TR VALIGN="bottom">
<TD ALIGN="left"><FONT FACE="Arial"> </FONT></TD>
</TR>
</Table>

A 215/40/17 and 255/35/18 gives a difference at 2,3% and 215/40/17 and 235/40/18 only differs 0,8% and the relation between front and rear < 1 %.

[This message has been edited by Klas (edited 12 June 2002).] <- trying to get the table ok.

[This message has been edited by Klas (edited 12 June 2002).]

Back