• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

18x10 wheel with 265/35/18 tire

I have 18 X 9.5 in back with a 265/35ZR18 with a 53mm offset and I don't rub at all. I don't think it will really matter if its .5 inches wider.

I have 19x10.5 in the rear w/275/30/19 and the tires look funny (wheels too wide for that size) I think with 10" wide wheels, you should go at least 275 so the tire sidewall flushes with the rim.

Go with a wider tire. You should be able to run 285/30's or 285/35's without any problems. I'm running 295/35's on 18x10's and the tire looks awesome (IMO) from the back. However, this tire is a little too tall and will be replaced with 285/30's next go round. You might not need the extra tire (width that is) but it sure looks nice. More protection for the rim too.

Hey I found this pic that I took, it sorta shows how the tires fits on the rim.

nsxback6.jpg

nsxback2.jpg

[This message has been edited by PUREVIL (edited 07 September 2000).]

I'm getting the Advan AVS Model 7 gunmetallic color wheels with P7000 tires. Hope I can get them intalled this weekend, if not, should be pretty soon. I think it should look good on my silver NSX.

Hey Purevil,
Your wheel/tire/spring combo looks sweet!! I've been wanting to upgrade my wheels, but haven't had the nerve to do anything with my car yet since I've only had it for a few months. What's your ground clearance with the new springs? Any inconveniences you're experiencing? Any problems with TCS not working right due to the change in wheel/tire size?

Johndoh

I lowered my car about 1.5 inches with Neuspeed springs.

I haven't had any problems with rubbing, ABS, TCS, or anything at all. The ground clearance wasn't really that great to begin with. I just have to becareful over speed bumps and entering and exiting driveways.

PUREVIL,

BOY, THAT'S A NICE EXHAUST YOU GOT ON THAT NSX OF YOURS..... HOW FAR SOUTH DID YOU NEED TO GO, TO GET IT??? :) BY THE WAY HI. YOUR CAR LOOKS AWESOME. DID YOU EVER GET THE CT CF AIRBOX?

NSEX,
I CURRENTLY HAVE HRE 19X10'S IN THE REAR WITH 295/30/19, AND IT LOOKS AWESOME. I AGREE WITH TITANIUMVTEC. I WOULD ADVISE YOU TO TRY TO STICK WITH THE 10" WHEEL AND GO WITH A 285/30/18 (BRIDGESTONE SO2, GREAT TIRE).
Originally posted by PUREVIL:
Hey I found this pic that I took, it sorta shows how the tires fits on the rim.

nsxback6.jpg

nsxback2.jpg

[This message has been edited by PUREVIL (edited 07 September 2000).]

ZABADNSX

I think I know who you are and lets just say I had to go WAY south to get that killer exhaust!

No I haven't ordered the CT CF intake yet, I think I'm going to do it on monday so if you could e mail me a number so I can order it from Miami Acura and who to talk to I'll do it ASAP.

nsxtasy,

I'd say yes and NO. NO because my car hasn't had any problems yet. But then again I just turned 10,000 miles too. But the mechanic I had do the lowering springs said that the car is really easy to work on, plus hes been a Honda mechanic for over 10 years, so I trust him. But so far its been change the oil and filter, and other fluids.

YES because if SOMETHING major did happen I'd have to take it to an Acura dealer and the closet one is in Minneapolis, about 9 hours away. But next summer I plan on taking the ol X to Minni to have the headers, coilovers, sway bars, and other stuff installed all at the same time. I was told that taking the NSX to a dealer to have the motor dropped out of the car makes it alot easier to install headers?????? Anyone have any input on that?

[This message has been edited by PUREVIL (edited 11 September 2000).]

Purevil, just wondering what year is your NSX? It sure looks so new and what kind of wheel is that? I remeber I saw it in the NSX Hyper REV book and these wheels aren't too light right?

My NSX is a 1991, its only has 10,000 original miles. I got it with 68 miles on it and I don't drive it all that much. Just like to keep it clean and new.

The rims are Manaray Sport MS-6's I don't know how light they are but to me they aren't heavy????

[This message has been edited by PUREVIL (edited 11 September 2000).]

I could be wrong! Probably the one I saw was just very similar looking to urs, and not the same wheels. I've to say I've never seen a black NSX that is so clean and new
smile.gif

To address the wheel/tire thread, I'm running a HRE 18x10 on the rear with Bridgestone SO-2 285/30/18 tire. This combo looks great, doesn't stick out of the natural body line of the car yet fills the well completely. No rubbing, no scuffing, no TCS or ABS problems at all. Happy owner who will be buying two more of these tires in the near future. Three track events and 8,000 miles have taken their toll on the tread.

Here's a shot of ZABADNSX'S NSX with 18/19 HRE's. This car now sports a 6-spd w/4:55 R&P, plus more after-market parts than you can mention. There are more pics in the photo gallery. Great looking car!!!

View

[This message has been edited by James Cruz (edited 14 September 2000).]

So NSEX,

Just curious if you've already got some pic's of the car? Whatever you do don't get the Pirelli P-Zero's because they only last about 3k miles. The P7000's will last forever. Very hard compound. The Best of Luck with your new wheels and tires.

ZABADNSX, no I haven't got my wheels yet. I expected my wheels would be here around 2-3 weeks,however, now it's over a month. I hope that I could get my wheels next week along with my friend's bodykit for his Supra from Japan. Can't wait! I'll sure post some pix when I got them.

Back